Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bart Simpson is the cause of the decline in human civilization.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hopefully this is an okay thread to post this in? I'm running a tournament on the games forum. You pick your favourite characters in head to head battles. Join us if you like!

Cartoon Wars 2: South Park vs Family Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CBS All Access is getting ready for a global expansion over the next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CBS All Access is getting ready for a global expansion over the next year.

Hmmm, presume that means Star Trek: Discovery will disappear from Netflix in due course; TBH it and The Good Fight would be the only two shows I watch from it. Brave move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another animated season of Trailer Park Boys coming to netflix 22nd May

Looking forward to it only started watching the series when the first animated seasons ame out. Watched the original seasons then.

Some great laughs. The Sweden vomiting scene on the Europe holiday is brilliant

Its fairly odd seeing the guys in other stuff. The guy who plays Bubbles was a prick in the most recent swearnet movie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fox have announced their Fall lineup.

New dramas NeXt and Filthy Rich — which were originally expected to debut this spring — will now launch in the fall.

The network has acquired Season 1 (and the forthcoming Season 2) of L.A.’s Finest, the Spectrum Originals drama starring Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union (more on that here).

The majority of Fox’s returning scripted offerings, including the 9-1-1 franchise, are being held for 2021. Similarly, Call Me Kat, a U.S. adaptation of BBC1’s Miranda starring Mayim Bialik and executive-produced by Bialik and former Big Bang co-star Jim Parsons, will also bow next year.

Fall TV Schedule
    MONDAY
    8 pm L.A.’S FINEST
    9 pm NEXT

TUESDAY
    8 pm Cosmos: Possible Worlds
    9 pm FILTHY RICH

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm The Masked Singer
    9 pm MasterChef Junior

THURSDAY
    8 pm Thursday Night Football

FRIDAY
    8 pm WWE’s SmackDown Live

SATURDAY
    8 pm Fox Sports Saturday

SUNDAY
    8 pm The Simpsons
    8:30 pm Bless the Hearts
    9 pm Bob’s Burgers
    9:30 pm Family Guy

Moved to Midseason
    9-1-1, 9-1-1: Lone Star, Duncanville, THE GREAT NORTH, Hell’s Kitchen and HOUSEBROKEN — plus any other returning series that wind up getting renewed.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/11/fox-fall-lineup-2020-schedule-masked-singer/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing the Fox lineup makes me wonder when new scripted series will dry up. The Flash just had it's early season finale. But then there are series like The 100 and 13 Reasons Why and others finished and ready to go.
    So everyone probably has their summer series but then that could be it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing the Fox lineup makes me wonder when new scripted series will dry up. The Flash just had it's early season finale. But then there are series like The 100 and 13 Reasons Why and others finished and ready to go.

I know CW are going to be airing the likes of Swamp Thing and a couple of other cancelled shows that had only previously aired on streaming services as part of their fall lineup, with the intention of then possibly renewing them if they go down well.

Haven't watched Swamp Thing yet but the other DC streaming shows would need to be edited before airing on CW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Bart Simpson is the cause of the decline in human civilization.

Indeed, families need to be a lot more like the Waltons and lot less like the Simspons. ;)

Fall shows usually start filming in July so its hard to tell if most shows will be back to some sort of normal by then. If not, I can see this fall season having a lot of repeats. Midseason is going to be pretty busy I'd say. If scripted shows don't come back till midseason, hopefully it's with a much smaller episode length as it would allow networks to actually air their shows this season.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/14/the-cw-fall-lineup-2020-schedule-delayed-superman-and-lois/

CW Fall 2020

MONDAY
    8 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    8:30 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    9 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us

TUESDAY
    8 pm Swamp Thing
    9 pm Tell Me a Story

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm Two Sentence Horror Stories
    8:30 pm Dead Pixels
    9 pm Coroner

THURSDAY
    8 pm Supernatural (Final episodes)
    9 pm The Outpost

FRIDAY
    8 pm WORLD’S FUNNIEST ANIMALS
    9 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us

SUNDAY
    8 pm Masters of Illusion
    9 pm Pandora

January 2021

MONDAY
    8 pm All American
    9 pm Black Lightning

TUESDAY
    8 pm The Flash
    9 pm SUPERMAN & LOIS

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm Riverdale
    9 pm Nancy Drew

THURSDAY
    8 pm WALKER
    9 pm Legacies

FRIDAY
    8 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us (new night)
    9 pm Whose Line Is it Anyway? (new time slot)

SUNDAY
    8 pm Batwoman
    9 pm Charmed (new time slot)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes.

Welcome to Cancelled Tuesdays on The CW.

Though as LeVar said above, they may get a second chance if they're successful

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yikes.

Yep and it looks like they are putting their summer shows (Pandora and The Outpost) on at fall as they have nothing else. I can see there be alot of reruns airing this fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I just read that production on The 100 stopped in March but does that mean filming or just puts production stopped? would they still have been shooting?

I haven’t watched any of the current seasons of the Arrowverse. Did they still have episodes to shoot?

Does anyone know Disney+, Prime, and other streamers are not available as channels in Apple’s TV app like they are in the US and UK?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I just read that production on The 100 stopped in March but does that mean filming or just puts production stopped? would they still have been shooting?

I haven’t watched any of the current seasons of the Arrowverse. Did they still have episodes to shoot?

Does anyone know Disney+, Prime, and other streamers are not available as channels in Apple’s TV app like they are in the US and UK?

I look at https://twitter.com/yvrshoots most days, well, more so before this kicked off. They seem pretty well informed around what's happening in Vancouver anyway.

Seems they finished filming The 100. So I guess post production still needs to be done.
    So they probably have enough episodes complete to cover a couple months at least hoping to be able to get back to work before they run out

I look at https://twitter.com/yvrshoots most days, well, more so before this kicked off. They seem pretty well informed around what's happening in Vancouver anyway.

It all seems to be about the next season of shows and then I hit a few spoilers for the new Superman show.

Don’t want any spoilers for current seasons either. So googling I have to be careful.

As far as I know the Arrowverse shows usually wrap in April so I’m guessing they didn’t get to finish.

Are they just going to release the next batch slowly and shoot the rest as soon as possible or when they knew they were getting did they change the planned ending with a quick rewrite and last minute cliffhanger.

• Advertisement

Seems they finished filming The 100. So I guess post production still needs to be done.
    So they probably have enough episodes complete to cover a couple months at least hoping to be able to get back to work before they run out

That is the show I really care about.

So I’m glad they will get to finish it as they intended and I don’t mind having to wait if the premiere is delayed or if they space out the release of episodes.

My understanding for the Arrowverse shows is they will just make the remaining episodes part of next season, likely rewriting the unfilmed ones to flow better. I'd say they have 1 or 2 more finished but they just chose the episode to end on for a strong cliffhanger. Not sure about others but both Nancy Drew and The Flash ended with cliffhangers.

My understanding for the Arrowverse shows is they will just make the remaining episodes part of next season, likely rewriting the unfilmed ones to flow better. I'd say they have 1 or 2 more finished but they just chose the episode to end on for a strong cliffhanger. Not sure about others but both Nancy Drew and The Flash ended with cliffhangers.

Okay. That is a messy situation but better than them shoving in a quick end to whatever he story is.

Although I don’t like spoilers I do want to ask this - did The Flash do the season long story again this season in the same way as usual?

I was hoping it would follow what Arrow and Supergirl did last year by breaking it up into smaller but connected stories.

Not a spoiler to say if it's split, but just in case
    Split into 2 stories separated by the crossover, I think it was

Not a spoiler to say if it's split, but just in case
    Split into 2 stories separated by the crossover, I think it was

It is a spoiler for me as I’ve long hoped for The Flash to cut the season long story or at least break it up somehow so it wasn’t always the same thing.

Although I’m looking forward to it a bit more now I also wish I hadn’t ask as the change would have been a pleasant surprise.

:p

I remember reading somewhere awhile back that The 100 and Legends of Tomorrow had finished filming and a lot of the post production can be done remotely, so they will finish their seasons (and series in the case of The 100) as was intended.

I remember reading somewhere awhile back that The 100 and Legends of Tomorrow had finished filming and a lot of the post production can be done remotely, so they will finish their seasons (and series in the case of The 100) as was intended.

It is good news that The 100 will be unaffected.

It is bad news that Covid-19 didn’t kill Legends of Tomorrow so it could be replaced with a watchable show about an actual super hero team.

Oh well.. :p

Is there a better thread or section to ask my Apple TV app question in?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,306 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ireland doing well against Romania on TG4, I think we might just be able to hold out for a draw and take them on penos ;)

• Advertisement

It is good news that The 100 will be unaffected.

It is bad news that Covid-19 didn’t kill Legends of Tomorrow so it could be replaced with a watchable show about an actual super hero team.

Oh well.. :p

giphy.gif

Advertisement