Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB faster than eFibre, can I increase my speed (with NGB) without signing a 18 month

Options
  • 13-01-2016 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

eFibre went live today, I can get 15Mb down if I sign a 18 month contract. According to this I can get 17Mb NGB/DSL
    OVt3kPk.png

I currently have 7Mb. Assuming this is accurate, can I phone eir and get bumped up to 17Mb, and if yes is this instant? and will I have to sign a new contract?

(Upload speeds not important)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I currently have 7Mb. Assuming this is accurate, can I phone eir and get bumped up to 17Mb, and if yes is this instant? and will I have to sign a new contract?

They should be able to bump you up to ADSL2+ for free unless you are already on it and the line is not working properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eFibre went live today, I can get 15Mb down if I sign a 18 month contract. According to this I can get 17Mb NGB/DSL
    OVt3kPk.png

I currently have 7Mb. Assuming this is accurate, can I phone eir and get bumped up to 17Mb, and if yes is this instant? and will I have to sign a new contract?

Hi Duff Man Jr.

An upgrade to eFibre specifically requires acceptance of a new contract although if you stay on NGB and upgrade to the "high" version of your broadband package (without changing your bundle or plan) then the port will be changed to an ADSL to ADSL2+ thus upgrading you to up to 17Mb NGB/DSL without contract. You can request this by contacting sales on free phone 1800500300.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

eir: Alan wrote: »
    OVt3kPk.png

Hi Duff Man Jr.

An upgrade to eFibre specifically requires acceptance of a new contract although if you stay on NGB and upgrade to the "high" version of your broadband package (without changing your bundle or plan) then the port will be changed to an ADSL to ADSL2+ thus upgrading you to up to 17Mb NGB/DSL without contract. You can request this by contacting sales on free phone 1800500300.

Thanks
    Al
    So I rang and asked what the max speed I can get without getting eFibre, he said 17Mb so I asked him to change me over, he told me I have been getting that since December and can't do anything else for me. I have been getting 7Mb for about two years. I asked was I on ADSL or ADSL2+,he said he never heard or either of them.
    From the way he was pushing eFibre I don't believe him anyway.

Today I rang to cancel my eFibre order, they told me I couldn't cancel now, I have to wait for the tech to put it in first, then ring the next day to cancel.

Is it possible to pm someone my details to check my speed and cancel eFibre order either way?

Thanks

(I don't want to be a prick doing it this way, but without going into detail eir are a nightmare to deal with over the phone and i'm 95% sure if eFibre goes in it won't be a simple five minute call to cancel it)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Just tried a spare modem, it says i'm using ADSL2+ but the max attainable speed is 12Mb!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JungleMartin

Duff Man Jr., where did you get the above info/screenshot from? What I mean is, what is the tool that gives you those numbers? So that I can check it for my local exchange! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    OVt3kPk.png

Hi Duff Man Jr.

Thanks
    Al
    So I rang and asked what the max speed I can get without getting eFibre, he said 17Mb so I asked him to change me over, he told me I have been getting that since December and can't do anything else for me. I have been getting 7Mb for about two years. I asked was I on ADSL or ADSL2+,he said he never heard or either of them.
    From the way he was pushing eFibre I don't believe him anyway.

Today I rang to cancel my eFibre order, they told me I couldn't cancel now, I have to wait for the tech to put it in first, then ring the next day to cancel.

Is it possible to pm someone my details to check my speed and cancel eFibre order either way?

Thanks

(I don't want to be a prick doing it this way, but without going into detail eir are a nightmare to deal with over the phone and i'm 95% sure if eFibre goes in it won't be a simple five minute call to cancel it)
    Hi Duff Man Jr.

That sounds odd - feel free to PM me your eir account number or order number and I will look in to that

Al

Advertisement