Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlinn Hall

Options
  • 13-01-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

We are beginning the fun process of looking for our firs house to buy.

Does anybody have any information on the houses in Carlinn Hall on the Mullaharlin Rd?

Build Quality, Finish, Group heating system etc?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Roddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I can't answer any of your above questions, but one point that might be worth thinking about it that we recently moved houses, and took a spin up there while the house hunt was on. One thing I didn't like was that I didn't think the parking, roads etc were great for kids. We've a couple of young kids and it seemed like there would be absolutely nowhere for them to play. I see you are first time buying so maybe not something that would concern you now, but a few years down the line you might be wishing you bought somewhere with better green areas!! Although have to say a lot of the 'new' estates are the same, very restricted green areas. Best of luck with the house hunt, it's not easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Hi Helga

Thanks for the comments.
    We went to view the house. The build quality and finished seemed to be of a high enough standard for a first look. However we probably won't buy there for a few reasons.
    We agree that the lack of green space is worrying, and they lack of front garden would mean the children are effectively playing in a carpark.
    Also the house we went to see was a 4 bed terrace and although it had four bedrooms,we found that they were very small and one was tiny. Add in bedroom furniture/wardrobes etc and you are left with a very limited floor space. It would be much better as a 3 bed with a larger master bedroom.
    The kitchen however was well sized and well finished, and the living room (although too small for what we wanted) was adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

What's people's opinions now of carlinn hall? Viewed a house there today and I see there's a wee park for kids. Estate agent said there'll be a green area beside it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Hi Toby

Despite my earlier post in this thread, we did indeed end up buying a house in Carlinn hall, albeit a different house than the one I had first viewed. We bought one with bigger sq footage and a front garden.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything specific, but overall im extremely happy with the purchase. The build quality is very good, with only a minor snag list. The estate is mostly a mix of young professionals and young families with the remainder being older families.
    Ive not heard of any students living in the estate, and if they do they don't cause any trouble.

The recent addition of the park is lovely amenity to have on our doorstep, and hopefully the green spaces will be landscaped well when the building work has finished.

The district heating system, is something that people have concerns about, however I find that it works well and is reasonable enough cost wise. We as resident own the system so in the future when all the houses are complete we may be able to reduce the running costs.

Again, please feel free to message me and ill try and answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

A new children's playground has opened at Carlinn Hall on Mullaharlin Road in Dundalk.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home/313174/new-children-s-playground-opens-at-dundalk-estate.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement