Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Google maps up/down arrows zooming & not changing directions?

Options
  • 13-01-2016 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

I use Google Maps a lot on my Gateway Notebook laptop. If I have a map open, I can normally use the up, down, right and left arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll north, south, east and west on the map. The size of the map remains the same.

Recently, whenever I press one of those keys, they zoom in or out on the map & make it bigger or smaller, but they don't go left, right, up or down. The actual zoom function is working fine, but I really don't need two different sets of zooming, I just need the one. There is nothing wrong with the directional arrows on my keyboard, as they work just fine, when I am using them for other things.

Anyone know what is causing this and how do I fix it? Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

What browser are you using?
    Have you tried clearing the cache and try again?

Found this report of it not working any more for someone using Safari (probably mac).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I'm reluctant to do a cache/cookie clear out, as I don't want to lose saved passwords to some sites. Are you suggesting that as you know it works, or just as a general problem fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I'm reluctant to do a cache/cookie clear out, as I don't want to lose saved passwords to some sites. Are you suggesting that as you know it works, or just as a general problem fix it?

A cache clear will not remove your passwords.

It's usually the first troubleshooting step when there are issues with a browser acting up.

Another would be to try in an alternate browser, Chrome / Opera / etc to check if it's browser specific.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks. Just did a cache clear out and that didn't fix it.

Advertisement