Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile broadband

• 13-01-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

what is the best deal on this for roughly €35 monthly, i am not too woried as regards calls and texts, unlimited usage if possible i am trying out 3, unlimited usage for €20 monthly but at night time it gets very slow, i prefer the high speed at night, slow during the day time is ok

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

All services slow down at night, just how much is the key. I have 3 mobile & permanet at home. Three is €20 a month which also gets me €15 of xbox credit making a net cost of €5 - for this price I accept slowdown.
    Permanet is €50 a month and slows only a little, for this price I would expect a great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

thanks mate, i have contacted permanet, so its a case of wait and see, i used to recieve a uhf tv signal from their base in ballingarry one time3 have a new deal out but after six months its €60 per month, this rules me out, again thanks

would an external ariel make any difference, i do have an old router which accepts one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

flutered wrote: »
    what is the best deal on this for roughly €35 monthly, i am not too woried as regards calls and texts, unlimited usage if possible i am trying out 3, unlimited usage for €20 monthly but at night time it gets very slow, i prefer the high speed at night, slow during the day time is ok

Slow is a relative word. What are the speeds during day and night? I am planning to move to 3 pay as you go.

kumar_aq wrote: »
    Slow is a relative word. What are the speeds during day and night? I am planning to move to 3 pay as you go.

i cannot measure it at the moment, it will run kodi during the day, but not at night time, if anyone has an app for that they will make a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

i cannot measure it at the moment, it will run kodi during the day, but not at night time, if anyone has an app for that they will make a fortune

You can measure broadband speed using speedtest

the modem has a dud battery

the modem has a dud battery
    using speedof.me, 7megs down yesterday during the day, last night 4megs down, i could watch vids on kodi for the first time ever without buffering etc, happy nights

Advertisement