Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leas na Mara, Knocknacarra

Options
  • 13-01-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

McTigs wrote: »
    saw the bus stop across from the church all smashed up the other day, was there others done in too?

Hi.might be moving to leas na Mara soon. Looking at these posts would be enough to put an anyone off living in knocknacarra. Also I have to walk and use the bus as I dont drive making things even more dangerous. There's nowhere in northern Europe where this situation exists. No guards for 28,000 people. Looks like knocknacarra people are not that important. Has anyone got good news about the area or is it all doom and gloom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Hi.might be moving to leas na Mara soon. Looking at these posts would be enough to put an anyone off living in knocknacarra. Also I have to walk and use the bus as I dont drive making things even more dangerous. There's nowhere in northern Europe where this situation exists. No guards for 28,000 people. Looks like knocknacarra people are not that important. Has anyone got good news about the area or is it all doom and gloom.
    my parents live there and they reckon it's grand. I know plenty of other people living there too and I've never heard them complain. I really wouldn't worry.... Compared with other towns and cities in Ireland galway doesn't really have any bad BAD area and knocknacara is pretty middle in galway on the "good"/"bad" scale

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

In fairness thread is poorly titled, written 3 years ago by someone who closed their account since and the main issue seems to be two bus shelters, one of which is on seamus quirke road and not in knocknacarra.

You should open a new thread asking for opinions on leas na mara and the general surrounding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

McTigs wrote: »
    my parents live there and they reckon it's grand. I know plenty of other people living there too and I've never heard them complain. I really wouldn't worry.... Compared with other towns and cities in Ireland galway doesn't really have any bad BAD area and knocknacara is pretty middle in galway on the "good"/"bad" scale
    Hi. Thanks for upbeat reply. I feel better already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Have lived in Knocknacarra for more than 10 years now. It's not dangerous at all! Moving closer to town soon, but that's purely for practical reasons and because we were lucky enough to find a much nicer house at a pretty good rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from an old thread and cleaned up a bit.

I have lived in Knockers and it's fine, no better nor worse than other large residential estates around the country.
    Good bus services and an ok amount of shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's regarded as a decent area, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Well....there was that 'heroin fuelled robberies' issue a while back. :D

Not taken too well by locals.

It's

Heroin fuelled robberies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Who knows what Senator Trevor O’Clochartaigh was on? Maybe Poitin?

Does anyone have any info about tuath apartments in leas na Mara knocknacarra. How many apartments do they have there and is it a good estate to live in - noise wise etc.Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know do school kids kick doors on their way home in manor court knocknacarra. Also leas na Mara as I will be moving there soon. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Lived in Manor court and nobody kick my door.

topcat77 wrote: »
    Lived in Manor court and nobody kick my door.
    I'm glad nobody kicked your door. But I was talking to a man today who lives in manor court and he said that kids kick doors maybe not all the doors on their way home from school. he's an elderly man so alas is more prone to this kind of activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

Do you mean they played ding dong ditch? That happens everywhere where children live I suppose. I lived in an estate close to Manor Court, with some families that had interesting ideas about their children's upbringing, so stuff like this would happen quite a lot. Drove me and neighbors nuts.
    I always thought that Manor Court is really nice, the only downside is that there's a footpath connecting Manor Court with Cimin Mor. That's resulting in youths taking shortcuts between Cappagh Road and WDR through Manor Court. I guess houses on that shortcut route would be victims of annoying ding dong ditchers. If your house is not on that route then I guess you'd be fine?

mmmull wrote: »
    Do you mean they played ding dong ditch? That happens everywhere where children live I suppose. I lived in an estate close to Manor Court, with some families that had interesting ideas about their children's upbringing, so stuff like this would happen quite a lot. Drove me and neighbors nuts.
    I always thought that Manor Court is really nice, the only downside is that there's a footpath connecting Manor Court with Cimin Mor. That's resulting in youths taking shortcuts between Cappagh Road and WDR through Manor Court. I guess houses on that shortcut route would be victims of annoying ding dong ditchers. If your house is not on that route then I guess you'd be fine?

Thanks for reply. Id say leas na Mara is easy going as its a small estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

ì live right by that lane in manor court and never get any kids knocking on the door. you hear them late at night the odd time but not often enough that it is a nuisance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yeah it's a wonderful magical place
    http://connachttribune.ie/afraid-to-play-kids-kept-indoors-due-to-antisocial-behaviour-854/
    Dozens of social housing tenants are creating havoc in a private estate in Knocknacarra after being moved in overnight, city councillors have claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I vaguely know that estate (it seemed quite a nice place to live in from what I can remember) but I though it had lots of apartments and apartment life is very different from living in a house with garden. You would feel cooped up in an apartment?

This would be especially true if the new residents come from large families. The article mentions children running roughshod through the area suggesting that the issue was solely with the children and a lack of supervision by parents. Are the new residents living in the apartments? That might be part of the problem?

How many properties are in this estate does anyone know and how many of them are apartments?

Advertisement