Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Cork

Options
  • 14-01-2016 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I will be moving to Cork in the next month or so and am looking for accommodation. I will be working north of Cork city but would prefer to live as close to the city as possible (early 20's). It seems that €400 goes a long way compared to accommodation available in Dublin. I would like to get a better idea of the nicer/avoidable places to live on the north side of the city.

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Hi folks,

I will be moving to Cork in the next month or so and am looking for accommodation. I will be working north of Cork city but would prefer to live as close to the city as possible (early 20's). It seems that €400 goes a long way compared to accommodation available in Dublin. I would like to get a better idea of the nicer/avoidable places to live on the north side of the city.

Any replies greatly appreciated.
    It depends both on what you want, where you need to be and what you can get. There's a serious shortage country-wide and Cork City is particularly bad. As for €400, it might get you a room (and I stress 'might'), that's it.

There are expensive areas and cheaper areas. In general, Northside is cheaper than Southside. But these days people take the first thing that's available s there's a fear of how long/how much effort before a preferable property becomes attainable.

Advertisement