Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reprogrammed a Simon xt alarm system

Options
  • 14-01-2016 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, similar to a few people already I have cancelled my eircom phonewatch subscription and want the alarm to contact my mobile instead of eircom when the alarm goes off. Could someone please tell me how this is done and what codes I will need to do it? My box is a Simon XT box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I will PM you the Simon XT Engineer manual. You will need the engineer code , but unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you with that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ojerin

Thanks very much. If asked eircom for it and they're passing me to a different department and now I'm waiting for a call back. Not very cooperative on the phone. Thanks any for d manual n your help. Once I know it's possible to do what I want

KoolKid wrote: »
    I will PM you the Simon XT Engineer manual. You will need the engineer code , but unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you with that here.

Hi I finally got the engineers code for my alarm system. I changed the 01**** eircom numbers to my mobile number but its constantly ringing me. What do I do now. Thanks in advance for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ojerin wrote: »
    Hi I finally got the engineers code for my alarm system. I changed the 01**** eircom numbers to my mobile number but its constantly ringing me. What do I do now. Thanks in advance for your help

You need to set up the protocal for each number to voice also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

Hi Oojerin
    How are you getting on with your re-programming?
    I'm hoping to do the same and would really appreciate any insights you might have to offer.
    Thanks in advance...
    G

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you the Simon XT also?
    I will PM you the manual.
    Do you have the engineer code?

How do I do that. I've got a new sim card also from eir in case the one in it was Bill but it won't register in the alarm.I previously tried a Vodafone SIM.

How do I do that. I've got a new sim card also from eir in case the one in it was Bill but it won't register in the alarm.I previously tried a Vodafone SIM.

You need to power down the system to add a new sim to the alarm.
    Also make sure you turn off the sim security lock on the sim.

Thanks a million. I'm really neat my witts end. But last question is how do I perform a communication test successfully. It just keeps ringing and ringing.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. I'm really neat my witts end. But last question is how do I perform a communication test successfully. It just keeps ringing and ringing.

You need to go into communications, then into protocols and change them to voice for each number you have set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ddelaney98

altor wrote: »

You need to power down the system to add a new sim to the alarm.
    Also make sure you turn off the sim security lock on the sim.
    HI, How do you turn off the SIM Security Lock?

I Purchased a new sim yesterday and when I installed it into he Simon XT it gives a warning that the SIM PIN is Invalid

When I put the sim into a mobile phone it does not ask me for the SIM PIN

I'm just a bit stuck

Can you enter a PIN Code in the Simon XT Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ERLUAD

Hi, I have cancelled my phonewatch subscription and the alarm keeps beeping all day, Its saying GSM Status not registered. Could someone please tell me how to cancel the sim and just use the alarm as is. The alarm is an interlogix box. Thanks

Advertisement