Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eCar Charging Points - on the spot reporting

• 14-01-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Just an idea for a "Sticky" here; in light of the recent Carlow FCP being out of action for nearly 24hrs before it showed up on the ESB eCars app, is there any appetite for an "on the spot" reporting thread on the health & availability of Charging Points?

For example, I've to head towards Adelaide Road later and would love to know if this on-street SCP is regularly ICEd or if it's painted "for EVs only".

Also, maybe non-ChargeBump users might pick up on a boards.ie thread (OK, very doubtful I know).

I'm sure there are a few more uses we could knock out of such a thread.

I'm probably stepping on the toes of an existing dedicated forum I don't know of, so if I am, let me know of its existence.

Just a thought... :cool: What say ye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to leave comments etc on the Plugshare app? I think it is the most popular charge point mapping and searching app that allows user content. It works world-wide. Please correct me, veterans, if I am wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Not enough users or visibility here. The Facebook group has a lot more traffic so is better for this kind of thing

s.welstead wrote: »
    Not enough users or visibility here. The Facebook group has a lot more traffic so is better for this kind of thing

I'm not on FB, never have, never will.

Rafal wrote: »
    I'm not on FB, never have, never will.

Great, thanks for the update :D There's plenty on FB who won't go near boards either.

I just pointed out it's busier there and would be a waste of time trying to maintain up to date info on chargers with what ~10 regular contributors on this forum.
    It's generally dead in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I'm not on facebook either.... and I visit a lot more chargepoints than the average user of the facebook group.

OpenChargeMap: http://openchargemap.org/site/

job done...

• Advertisement

We really shouldn't need any third party apps/FB/forums that rely on user information. It really needs to be all real-time directly available from eCars. If they want to charge for a service then that's the minimum service I expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

+1 plugshare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I just joined plugshare recently too. It's a very good app.

Charge bump is good in theory but I have yet to find anyone using it when I've needed to check. And I've never been bumped either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I just joined plugshare recently too. It's a very good app.

Charge bump is good in theory but I have yet to find anyone using it when I've needed to check. And I've never been bumped either.

True for me also, but I think if we stick with one and promote it to the community then maybe it will build a useful user base.
    Print off the qr codes for plugshare and charge bump and put them in your windscreen when leaving the car at a charge point, word will spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

On the way up to Dublin with my dad's Leaf to trade in for the 161. Junction 14 rapid is down due to a fxing CHAdeMO 0.9 connector that's not actuating.

CCS is so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I thought my taxes were paying for the Ecarni site with its up to the year updates on CP faults.Think its called Dept for Rural Development?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

No point in starting a new thread; is anyone else having issues with ESB's eCar Connect app? Mine's not showing any CPs & there are no categories available to show on the drop-down menu.

Thank Jeebus for Plugshare!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

No point in starting a new thread; is anyone else having issues with ESB's eCar Connect app? Mine's not showing any CPs & there are no categories available to show on the drop-down menu.

Just checked my app (android version) - and you are correct - zero CPs showing on the app! :eek:

I was using it today and no issues on my iPhone. Having said that, I did a check-in and a photo update on Plugshare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

With the UK stopping the grants as of today, and the same old charge point faults round and round, the whole things gone to hell in a handcart.
    I don't report faults to Abtran, they appear to think we are a nuisance, even worse since ESB "took over" in N.Ireland, you are never called back,and are frequently fed wrong info,"down the line".Been waiting since last year for Rolac to look at a faulty home charger, and been "moderated against on Boards, its like Hotel California, "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave"
    Still love my EV in spite of new technology, same old people. Have a nice day.

reboot wrote: »
    With the UK stopping the grants as of today, and the same old charge point faults round and round, the whole things gone to hell in a handcart.
    I don't report faults to Abtran, they appear to think we are a nuisance, even worse since ESB "took over" in N.Ireland, you are never called back,and are frequently fed wrong info,"down the line".Been waiting since last year for Rolac to look at a faulty home charger, and been "moderated against on Boards, its like Hotel California, "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave"
    Still love my EV in spite of new technology, same old people. Have a nice day.
    See my other reply to you on another thread about UK grants. As far as I know they are not being stopped as you claim, but reduced from £5000 to £4500 which is still more than in Ireland. Can you provide a source of information that you are quoting that suggests they are being withdrawn altogether?

Advertisement