Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

1109110111112113115»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

He has good touch throws when he has to feather it over the top. It is more the drive element of it and his form when he does throw deep. It is not a complete killer. He showed that year you can get around it and all QBs have weaknesses.

Yeah Pats should not get too excited about that. Nice showing for their defense though. Personally I feel Burrow's terrible haircut takes some blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah it's just nice to start with a W. Don't think anyone expects us to be world-beaters all of a sudden. We've 10 rookies on the roster - this season is all about developing young guys and going into next season with some foundations in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Poxy loss today, Seahawks always seem to pull out the last minute win over us. Mayo should've back the team to pick up the down on 4th and 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are you forgetting the Superbowl with the pick by Butler. Seattle are welcome to sneak out wins against us so long as we win the big ones. 😁

That's a game that should've been won. Brisset is playing a very conservative game, per design, but we're missing opportunities because of it. He's also holding the ball too long in the pocket, should never have taken that sack at the end of regulation.

• Advertisement

Ja'Whsun Bentley out for the season. That's a huge loss, we'll get battered by any team with a good running game now. Our best tackler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

So it begins, it only took one loss, but now the clamour to start Maye begins. Jalen Reagor posted (then deleted) this on IG. Going to assume that after 4 years of being a WR 4/5 on three different teams and failing to crack 400 yards in any of them, that he doesn't have delusions of grandeur. It would seem this is a reference to keeping Maye benched.

What did he post and what's IG?

Oops, it would help if I actually posted the picture. My bad, here it is. IG is Instagram.

So a class sports car in a poor area. Would that be related to himself being on the practice squad where he feels a former first round pick shouldn't be? It could relate to Maye I suppose.

Edit: Just seen he was cut shortly after he posted that.

Post edited by eagle eye on

• Advertisement

Great statistic on Christian Gonzalez.

Last year before he got injured, and so far this season, he has gone up against:

JaMarr Chase, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Devonte Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Tyreek Hill and Garrett Wilson.

He doesn't always shadow a team's best receiver so he wasnt always covering those players, but on the plays where he was matched up against them, he's only allowed 17 catches for 148 yards. That's very impressive.

Gonzalez abs Join White were two great picks. Let's see if the new regime can draft like that. I doubt it.

Belichick drafted terribly in his last few seasons. A couple of picks that look like panning out doesn't change that.

He drafted the two mentioned above, Barmore, Marcus Jones, Dugger, Jennings, Uche, Rhamondre and Onwenu in four drafts. There's more good contributors some of whom are still developing and potential future starters.

I'm not including Marcus Jones or Cole Strange.

Barmore, Dugger and Onwenu are very good players. Rhamondre is a good back, but they're not too difficult to find. The others are solid contributors, at best. It's not exactly a great haul from 40 picks in the 4 years you chose. Go back another year and you've N'Keal Harry and Joejuan Williams.. two complete busts. It doesn't get any better in the few years before that.

You talked about recent drafts, there's at least 10 of our 22 starters that have been drafted in the Bill's last four drafts.

Now you want to go back further to when we were winning Superbowls.

And saying that top class players are not difficult to find is a ridiculous comment. If that was the case how come they all weren't taken in the first round by teams?

We are bad

Worse than last year. 118 yards of offense after three quarters.

Brissett is one tough sob, I don't know how he's still standing with how much he's been hit tonight.

Maye coming in now. I don't think he's any good but he could get destroyed here before he has a chance to show anything. It's a stupid move putting him in against a defense who got to the QB multiple times tonight.

You want the new regime to draft as well as Belichick. I hope they are a damn sight better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah I don't think Maye should have gone in the game last night at all. That game was much worse than the first 2 where we actually played well, and is more aligned with where I think we are as a team right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

A trip to San Francisco next week. That's another beat down

Douglas, Sow, Onwenu, Strange, Brissett, Rhamondre, Andrews, Barmore, White, Uche, Jennings, Bentley, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones and Gonzalez are all starters drafted by Bill. That's 15 of 22 starters.

Let's see how many of this year's draft class are playing in two years time.

We are missing a left tackle and a good wide receiver, we could have got both of them by trading back this year which would have been the smart thing to do. The real GM decided we were getting a QB, that's Kraft that made that decision. Obviously the coaches are either stupid or haven't the balls to stand up to the owner. It's not going to work out.

After three games this is possibly the worst Patriots team I've ever seen. The 1-15 team back somewhere around 88-91 was the worst but if this level of performance keeps up then this team will be the worst in my 40+ years following the Patriots.

That level of stupidity was enhanced last night by bringing Maye in. He took two sacks and another hit. I don't think he's good enough but he won't get a chance to prove me wrong if they play him with this horrendous team.

As I said last night I don't know how Brissett survived the night with all the brutal hits he took.

Anyway you keep backing this new management team. By the end of the year the fans will want change and they'll want Bill back. It'll never happen though because Kraft can't walk back now after all the despicable things he did.

The fact all those players are starters, doesn't mean they good picks. We're arguably the worst team in the league for a reason.

I mentioned all the really good ones in a previous post. Who if those do you think needs to be replaced?

There is no left tackle and only one wide receiver whose definitely good enough to play as third on the depth chart.

We could have drafted a left tackle and wide receiver, it went traded back, and pick up another one next year in free agency, or in the draft, if Brissett, Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe worked out.

None of those QBs was ever going to be good enough to win with. A tackle and a WR don't matter without an elite QB. It's that simple. We had a chance to get one, and would've been stupid to pass up on it.

You don't know that, I don't know that. They could all be crap, they could all be great, less likely with Brissett. The other two never had a chance to prove what they could do.

Anybody stating they know what level Zappe or Jones were at is talking nonsense. You cannot gauge anything from watching QBs in a horrendous situation like they experienced for the last two years. It's even worse this year, Brissett looks awful as a result. We know from this time elsewhere that he's a serviceable QB but we are not seeing that this year, He looks worse than Zappe and Jones did.

Maye came on the other night and he looked awful too.

Give over already, this is such a tired and dumb argument that you keep making. Mac and Zappe are back ups at best. This idea that we don't have enough data to know otherwise is garbage. Bill gutted the team as GM, with stupid transactions and terrible drafting. That's just reality mate. The OL issues started with Bill letting talent walk out the door, and was compounded with him wasting picks on busts like Strange is likely to be.

You simultaneously want to praise Bill, yet say we can't judge players who had endure the terrible situation he directly created. Who lets SB winning OLmen walk out the door when you draft a rookie QB? Madness

If Mac and Bailey are back ups at best then Brissett should be working in McDonalds if we are to compare his work through the first three games with their work over the last two years. Are you in agreement with that?

Are you also in agreement that if Maye plays like he did on Thursday for the rest of the season that we would have been better to keep Mac and Bailey than draft him?

• Advertisement

No I don't agree we should've kept Mac. He never had the physical tools to be an elite QB and his decision making, which was trumpeted as one of his best qualities, had disappeared. He was never going to be it. Maye at least has the physical potential to make us competitive with the best.

Brisket is running for his life on basically every down. The OL is a joke, an issue directly caused by Belichick letting good lineman walk out the door rather than paying them. Of course Maye is going to have a torrid time behind them. Mahomes would look terrible behind them.

How on earth do you know he didn't have the physical tools? What games did you get to see him have the opportunity to show off his abilities?

What do you think of Brock Purdy as a QB?

We've had this conversation already, the video you posted trying to prove your point showed multiple incidences of exactly what deficiencies he has. Why you're wanting to die on this hill is beyond me, but it's boring at this point.

You see it's you that's the one that stuck on a hill because I've always said there's no way to know how good or bad Mac and Bailey are because they never had a chance. No offensive line to protect you, constantly on the run and no receiver that can separate. So you are trying to do something and you are basically throwing to a guy's body. It's a recipe for disaster and that's going to happen to almost any QB in the league.

Even with all that Mac ended up with a 64.9 completion percentage, that was better than Geno Smith, Love, Stroud and Stafford and miles ahead of all the bad QBs in the league like Fields, Young and Levis.

There is no way to assess a QB in the situation that Mac and Bailey found themselves in over the last two seasons and anybody saying they can hasn't a clue what they are talking about.

So please stop telling me you know what level Mac and Bailey are at because it's just making you look stupid.

And for the umpteenth time to try and get it into your head, I'm not saying Mac or Bailey are good QBs, I'm saying there is no way to assess them. I've never said during our conversation that they are good, I've always said there is no way to know.

Brissett looks worse now than they did but we know that Jacoby has been serviceable during his time in the NFL and that shows the horrendous situation that's still prevalent in New England.

By the way Maye completed 50% of his passes the other night. He might be better than that but I've said all along that I see bust written all over him. Thing is he might not even get the chance to prove me wrong because his career might be over very quickly if he has to put up with what Brissett currently is. Jacoby isn't going to be around much longer, he's got up hurt a few times already through three games, he's going to stay down some night soon.

We've no way to assess Mac, besides the 3 years of him playing as a starter.

Right

You have no way to rate him over the last two years. Stop saying stupid stuff like you can rate a QB who has no protection and no receiver who can separate.

If you continue with this line that you can decide what a QB is like in the situation that Bailey and Mac found themselves in over the last two years it's pointless talking to you because you have no clue at all.

I'm not saying you have no clue about football, just how and when you can evaluate a QB.

Actually Sam Darnold might prove the point if he continues how he's been going so far in Minnesota. He didn't have protection or a receiver when he was with the Jets, he had a receiver but no protection in Carolina. Now he has protection and receivers and he's lighting it up.

• Advertisement

This is the dumbest line of reasoning imaginable. We can't judge Mac after 3 seasons in the NFL because he didn't have perfect conditions to play in. I can judge that he doesn't have the arm talent to be a quality NFL QB. I can judge that he makes poor decisions with the ball and throws bad picks.

We'll leave it here. You obviously have no clue and will never learn.

Anyway what's the over under on his many games Brissett plays? I'd guess two more before he goes down. Three for Maye or Milton then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I hope we play Maye for zero snaps this year.

Oh and LOL at those marking Strange as a bust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement