Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hope Jones and Collins are alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭me89

Great to get the win even if we made hard work of it at time's. What a difference #11 makes, great to have him back. Hopefully the injuries to Mayo Jones and Collins are not to serious. Bring on next week :) #letsgooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Watching the Broncos Steelers game, I think I'd prefer to travel to Mile High than have the Steelers in Foxboro........

I wouldn't fear either tbh, only thing I'd be worried about is the refs in Mile High

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭me89

Feel very confident going to mile high, we owe them one for earlier this year .

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    Feel very confident going to mile high, we owe them one for earlier this year .

We'd want to tackle a little better......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

"Bring On New England" sign in the Denver crowd. Don't worry we'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

infacteh wrote: »
    Watching the Broncos Steelers game, I think I'd prefer to travel to Mile High than have the Steelers in Foxboro........

Especially if the Steelers would have had Antonio Brown back.

If we can shut down Anderson, and Hillman to a lesser extent, I think we win that game handily. Peyton wasn't slinging heat by any means. I was surprised at how well the Steelers OL seemed to do, Roethlisburger was fairly unmolested for the majority of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Big performances from Chung and McCourty are needed next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Looks like Collins will be ok to go... I can honestly only see a Pats win Sunday. We were playing at about 60% the other night and still put up 27 points - a tally no team had scored against KC in almost 3 months. The Broncos have looked average for a while now and their defence, which has carried them a lot, looks to be tiring. They still have some of the best WRs in the game and Anderson will need to be stopped but if the Pats can get to near 80% this week I see a 24-17 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭ Davina Many Ignoramus

Watched the send half of the game from last night. It wasn't much of a watch (the entire game).

But that Denver D kept them in the game, and they are capable of doing it next week as well. Pats will need to be at 80% min, and maybe closer to 90%. Denver eliminates those poor drops (and maybe Manning throws a bit better) and they have the receivers to hurt us.

Edelman back was huge, Brady had a lot of quick releases, which was a real help to the OL.
    Likely to be a similar plan next week, cause 2yrd pickups on the ground isn't an option. Lots of quick throws to Edelman, Danny and hopefully more involvement for White as well. Mix in a number of catches for Gronk, and we have a great chance of another SB visit.

Well regardless of what happens next Sunday I don't think we can complain. We are in the AFCCG for the fifth consecutive year, we are so spoiled as fans.

It's going to be very hard for whoever comes along after Brady and Belichick in their respective positions. There are a lot of younger fans who have grown up with this dominant franchise who will not be able to accept or understand that it's very difficult to just win your division.

Next Sunday will be very difficult. This is the only team that Tom Brady has a losing record against over his career and it only happened in 2015 when we lost to them during the regular season up in Denver.

I've always said I don't like Brady playing up there, I don't think I've even seen him have a great game in that stadium. I'm not expecting to win this game but hopeful that we can.

It could very well come down to the kickers when drives stall and we have two of the best in the NFL going at it in that department next Sunday too.

All I'm hoping for is a week of good news as regards injuries and practice. If we go there pretty healthy I'll be very hopeful.

Full attendance at practice :)

375546.jpgCZRmG-BWkAUE2fU (1).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mayo is on IR right? 3rd straight year ending the season without him. I expect to see plenty of Chung in the box on Sunday

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Yeah, Mayo to IR. He has a big cap hit next year, around $11.4m according to Reiss, and he already restructured, so it could be the end of him in Foxboro

LIMITED PARTICIPATION WR Danny Amendola (knee) TE Scott Chandler (knee) LB Jamie Collins (back) DB Nate Ebner (hand) WR Julian Edelman (foot) LB Darius Fleming (back/shin) LB Jonathan Freeny (hand) TE Rob Gronkowski (knee/back) LB Dont’a Hightower (knee) OL Tre’ Jackson (knee) DE Chandler Jones (abdomen/toe) DE Rob Ninkovich (shin) WR Matthew Slater (shin) OL Bryan Stork (ankle) OT Sebastian Vollmer (ankle) OT LaAdrian Waddle (shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION QB Tom Brady (ankle) SS Patrick Chung (foot) OL Josh Kline (shoulder) WR Brandon LaFell (foot) FS Devin McCourty (ankle)

Pretty much a full team, that's nice to see. Be interesting if Chandler has any significant role this wknd

I think there are far too many limited participants, need to see a much smaller list tonight.

I hope to see the majority listed as probable after practice today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See there's a blizzard across the states though don't think it'll hit Denver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

paulie21 wrote: »
    See there's a blizzard across the states though don't think it'll hit Denver

No. It will he the south and east.

Temp in Denver is supposed to be in the 40sF, so pretty decent for January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Spent some of my time off making the below :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Great video Ja.

Off topic - For any Making a Murderer fans here, if you pause the video at 13:08 your man looks exactly like Mike Halbach, Teresa's brother. I knew he was Director of Football Technology with the Green Bay Packers, had to check if he transferred to Seahawks after the video! :pac:

What tune is that in the video? Reminds me of Godspeed

What tune is that in the video? Reminds me of Godspeed

This Will Destroy You - Quiet

Cracking tune but I basically had to loop a portion of it to make the timing work on the Butler interception. It's not nearly as long as the video.

eagle eye wrote: »
    LIMITED PARTICIPATION WR Danny Amendola (knee) TE Scott Chandler (knee) LB Jamie Collins (back) DB Nate Ebner (hand) WR Julian Edelman (foot) LB Darius Fleming (back/shin) LB Jonathan Freeny (hand) TE Rob Gronkowski (knee/back) LB Dont’a Hightower (knee) OL Tre’ Jackson (knee) DE Chandler Jones (abdomen/toe) DE Rob Ninkovich (shin) WR Matthew Slater (shin) OL Bryan Stork (ankle) OT Sebastian Vollmer (ankle) OT LaAdrian Waddle (shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION QB Tom Brady (ankle) SS Patrick Chung (foot) OL Josh Kline (shoulder) WR Brandon LaFell (foot) FS Devin McCourty (ankle)
    Probable: Brady, Chung, Kline, LaFell, McCourty

Questionable: Slater, Amendola, Chandler, Collins, Ebner, Edelman, Fleming, Freeney, Gronkowski, Hightower, Jones, Ninkovich, Stork, Vollmer

Out: Jackson, Waddle

I'm not liking how big that questionable list is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, Mayo to IR. He has a big cap hit next year, around $11.4m according to Reiss, and he already restructured, so it could be the end of him in Foxboro

In terms of playing production he has dropped down the pecking order, I believe he actually began the season 4th on the depth chart before moving up due to injury, but it is his presence and leadership that will be a bigger loss, though I agree that it may be the last we see of him in a Patriots jersey.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Gameday gentlemen! Going for a big feed in Dundrum to settle the nerves, so excited for this game. If anyone sees a goon in a Ninkovich jersey in the town centre, do say hello :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

After what they put Brady & the team through last year, the last thing the league office wants is us in Superbowl 50th. i can't see the Pats winning today and if it's not down to the performance, then it will come down to the officials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

major nerves creeping in now

Advertisement