Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

bruschi wrote: »
    But again, you're arguing a point no one made.
    Don’t bother, Foxtroll has repeatedly shown his agenda. He’s along side that other one who had to be banned from the Pats thread. They’re weirdly obsessed with the Pats. Best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Foxtrol has repeatedly shown that there's zero point debating him when it comes to anything Patriots. Plus the fact he's on here non-stop, it's like a never-ending argument with a feckin wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Don’t bother, Foxtroll has repeatedly shown his agenda. He’s along side that other one who had to be banned from the Pats thread. They’re weirdly obsessed with the Pats. Best avoided.
    Foxtrol has repeatedly shown that there's zero point debating him when it comes to anything Patriots. Plus the fact he's on here non-stop, it's like a never-ending argument with a feckin wall.

Interesting agenda when today I've said no sane person would believe there was anything in the Chiefs gear going missing and that I believe this latest filming thing looks like an innocent mistake.

Nice to know I'm still living rent free in your heads though lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Nice to know I'm still living rent free in your threads though lads

FYP

Foxtroll (and his ilk) have a weird obsession with the Pats. Can't even enjoy their own team winning. I'd pity him, but just easier to have him and his sort on ignore :) Let them throw their toys out of the pram :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lads just ignore the haters. Look around any successful team in any sport and there are loads of haters.
    Foxtrol is always on the anti Patriots side of any discussion. Time to just ignore him and talk to legit posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lads just ignore the haters. Look around any successful team in any sport and there are loads of haters.
    Foxtrol is always on the anti Patriots side of any discussion. Time to just ignore him and talk to legit posters.

Saying that someone would need to be insane to legitimately think the Patriots had anything to do with the Chiefs gear going missing and that they likely didn't intentionally break the rules with the taping now makes someone a 'hater'? If that is the anti-Patriot side of the discussion, what is the pro-Patriot side?

This victim mentality just gets funnier and funnier, somehow now it even gets triggered by taking the Patriot's side in things.

Ever feel like your thread/team is being stalked by a weirdo..........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Counted at least 4 missed tackles in the 1st quarter. On those occasions it led to 3 big plays for the Bengals

• Advertisement

Sanu drops another one...... meanwhile Josh Gordon makes a brilliant catch for Seattle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Damn i was cautiously optimistic that the offense would start playing better against the Bengals...through the first half we are pitiful...panic is starting for real now

Hazys wrote: »
    Damn i was cautiously optimistic that the offense would start playing better against the Bengals...through the first half we are pitiful...panic is starting for real now
    O line is so bad. Brady sacked twice and forced into quick pressure passes multiple times.
    Overthrew an open Sanu for a TD and more dropped passes once again.

Sanu and Harry clearly need alot more game time but it's getting very late in the season.

As I said a whole back we are spoiled rotten by the greatest owner, head coach and quarterback if all time. It's OK to have a down year. Our down year is a winning season, that's how good we've got it. Decisions were made to cut players who didn't confirm and that's a big part of the reason that we have six Suoerbowl wins in the last 18 years.
    We will go and sort things out in the off-season and we'll be competitive again next season.
    Thats of course if Belichick isn't holding back stuff until the playoffs.

As I said a whole back we are spoiled rotten by the greatest owner, head coach and quarterback if all time. It's OK to have a down year. Our down year is a winning season, that's how good we've got it. Decisions were made to cut players who didn't confirm and that's a big part of the reason that we have six Suoerbowl wins in the last 18 years.
    We will go and sort things out in the off-season and we'll be competitive again next season.
    Thats of course if Belichick isn't holding back stuff until the playoffs.

Agree that we are spoilt. So it all has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I was cautiously optimistic because last season we were 11-5 and limped into the playoffs and we won the super bowl. Now that seems so far fetched that its going to be repeated.

Brady got all day and needed it for a receiver to get open.

• Advertisement

Nice TD catch. Harry slowly improving, one of the only bright sparks in the offense today.

Gilmore for NE MVP so far....

Gilmore for NE MVP so far....
    Has to be in the picture for DPOY.

Great catch by J C Jackson, maybe we should put him in on offense!

Matthew Slater regressed last year...this year has been more than a bounce back year, he’s been phenomenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

We're lying in second seed position, with a dolly of a game and a relatively straight forward game. I would say postpone the off season until we've finished this one. We were written off 12 months ago too.

Harry looked very good tonight. He's a star. If he can click with Brady over the next month we have a serious weapon. Can't double both him and Jules. O line is a problem, run game just not working, and missing Develin. But all of a sudden Bill might find something. Defense is Elite.

All in all I'd say the last thing we aren't is competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

All we need is a better than average offense and we have a great chance. All our games have been one score affairs, where I'd argue that even with how disjointed they looked, we could've taken.

The other fact is , those teams played at their peak to beat us, and the final scores were that close. We haven't given a complete performance yet, only flashes. Perhaps we can't this year, but we're not that far off if the the defense and ST play continues at the same level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

That being said, we are relying on a lot of end around runs, trick passes etc to get momentum going our way. We still don't have an answer for a scrambling qb.

The offense looked a bit better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Yep, all starts with the O line. How did Edelman not make the pro bowl? He's a beast!!

Definitely. Our run game was immense which really opened up the passing game. Nice to see Meyers with some very decent catches. Not much sign of Harry again, although he was on one of the best CBs in the game imo in White.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I know it was a close game and I have only seen highlights but going from reports it seemed to be an improved performance, against a decent football team. The D obviously carried the load again going on the highlights with some crucial plays but it did look a little bit better on offence too which is great, and Brady out throwing blocks at his age on that end around was brilliant :)

11th straight AFC title.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Twice last night Brady went 8 for 8 passing, been a while since we've that sort of consistency in this offense. Michel had his best game in a while running the ball too.

Still wish they would put Harry in more often.

Thought that was easily our best showing this season, and finally a performance against a legit playoff level team. Bills are very good, and I definitely see them challenging us going forward.

I'd still like to see Harry used more in the redzone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think Harry will be used more then more he comes up with some plays and gains the trust of Brady and Josh. Some potential there for sure

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

The energy seemed better about the team too, Brady didn't look so frustrated. I''m glad that the Dolphins game next week has playoff implications. Hopefully they use it as a tune up game, keep the positive upward trend going. Be nice if Brady could go off too, steal the TD record from Brees on the last day of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This Pats season needs to be put down quietly and humanely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

As far as 12-4 seasons go, this one has been for the most part - certainly for the latter half - a chore to sit through. Just not good football. The defence has to take its share of the blame today. Equally as bad as the offence, if not worse, for once.

As far as 12-4 seasons go, this one has been for the most part - certainly for the latter half - a chore to sit through. Just not good football. The defence has to take its share of the blame today. Equally as bad as the offence, if not worse, for once.

Yeah the offence is what it’s been all season but the defence really crapped the bed today. Couldn’t stop the Dolphins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

First complete game of the season , complete rubbish on both sides of the ball .Would you write them off to win the super bowl as a patriot no you wouldn’t , but no Gronk this year when you need to break the glass in a emergency . Think it’s going to be Brady’s and Edelmans last year , for Brady’s sake if we ain’t winning it don’t give us another super bowl loss that takes years to get over , less painful to bale out before final .

2013, for as terrible as that team was, still had excitement and passion. This was been the most depressing "winning" season imaginable. No good wins, no great performances. Dross from start to finish.

Today was the most pathetic, cowardly, inept performance I've seen. I never thought I could be more angry after watching a game than I was when we lost to Miami in 2015 to give up HFA, but today exceed that. The abdication at the end of the 1st half would shame John Fox. Gillmore was embarrassed by Parker today, Chung continues to be awful.

Boogeymen my arse.

Brady was awful, that INT was one of the worst throws I've seen from him ever. Sanu is ****house, unbelievable we spent a 2nd on him over Sanders. Harry looks better, at least they tried to target him in the endzone finally. Michel ran better.

**** this season.

Far from convinced they will even beat the Titans at home. If it is the Titans.

I'd rather play the Patriots than play the Titans.

Brady was awful, that INT was one of the worst throws I've seen from him ever. Sanu is ****house, unbelievable we spent a 2nd on him over Sanders. Harry looks better, at least they tried to target him in the endzone finally. Michel ran better.

**** this season.
    Really dont understand how week after week Sanu is only on the field for what feels like every snap and Harry gets bread crumbs.
    Obviously Sanu has the experience, but Harry has been studying the Pat's play book since April and he was a 1st round pick.

Gronks replacement in Izzo being on IR for what seems like an eternity isn't helping thinks either.

• Advertisement

Gronks replacement in Izzo being on IR for what seems like an eternity isn't helping thinks either.

He's not even on IR he's just not good enough, been a healthy scratch for a number of weeks now

Far from convinced they will even beat the Titans at home. If it is the Titans.

Titans would run all over us. Tannenhill is playing excellently this year.

That was the most embarrassing loss in recent memory. I don't even think anything comes close in the Brady era. But that was absolutely pathetic. To lose a team that had nothing to play for, to lose when BB said he was treating it as a playoff game, to lose at home as a 12-3 team to a 4-11, to lose a home game to a tanking team with a 1st round bye on the line.. I'm at a loss for word tbh.
    BB needs to explain wtf was going through his head when tied a 10-10 with 1:40 left on the clock in the 1st half he ran out the clock.
    Gilmore especially needs a serious bollocking after that sh1tshow. Had he just maintained his season performances to date he just might have won DPOY, not a hope now, not after getting embarrassed on the final drive like that.

I don't see us getting to the SB having to go on the road twice. I just don't see it with this team. You stop the run against us and you stop this team. Brady has no one to throw to. Harry looks a flop at this stage, he can't even beat his man. Edelman is being doubled and the rest aren't up to scratch. Only Sanu with his experience is half a threat.

That being said, it's hard to give out with all the recent success. We've been spoiled going to three SB's in a row. It probably won't happen this year but that's no shame. We simply don't have the offence. Something to address for next year regardless what happens in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Not the worst performance I've ever seen but certainly up there. Any momentum that could have been build on a decent game last week completely eroded. The defense has sadly gone backwards since about week 8, getting worse and worse. Would never rule out a Pats team of any limitations come Jan, but it's been a long time since I've been this un-optimistic after the regular season. There's a sense of inevitably about it. Titans or Steelers could put this season to bed next week.

^^^ Same Sanu that dropped two passes?
    Also thinks its harsh to call Harry a flop considering they wont put him on the field. (Unless you know what's going on behind the scenes that's stopping him getting game time)

A disappointing loss, but honestly, I'm not that surprised. I did expect us to win, but by no means did I think we couldn't lose.

We played a p!ss poor schedule. And we lost to the teams that are real playoff teams; Ravens (manhandled us), Chiefs (beat us at home) and the Texans (late 4th quarter comeback meant little).

There's a serious lack of talent within the offense, and Brady isn't able to raise their level (at 42 he shouldn't be expected to). Edelman played injured all year (and had a lot of drops), teams played White better, Harry came in late (and showed something that might work going forward), Sanu hasn't been worth a 2nd round pick (but showed our desperation for a WR), and the run game spluttered for most of the season (with some really bad OL protection for a number of games).

Lets be fair though. Won the last 11 AFC East titles in a row. Played in the last 8 AFC Championships in a row. Played in 4 of the last 5 SBs. That's picking at the arse end of the draft for over a decade. It has to catch up at some point. Even allowing for the schedule, you finish 12:4, and who knows, maybe you get some luck along the way and have another shot (I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened).

• Advertisement

^^^ Same Sanu that dropped two passes?
    Also thinks its harsh to call Harry a flop considering they wont put him on the field. (Unless you know what's going on behind the scenes that's stopping him getting game time)

Up until last week I would've agreed, and next week could change my mind again. But this was essentially a playoff game for us, BB said he was treating it as such, Harry was targeted a few times, was over-thrown once and made one good catch, but he didn't do enough. He's obviously not doing enough to be trusted enough by either McDaniels or TB.
    And bear in mind this isn't our offence of 2/3 years ago, this is in our current shambles of an offence where Tom is crying out for a go-to guy with Edelman essentially broken. Especially with someone who's built the way the Harry is.

I don't see how he could be remotely considered a success, not by any measure whatsoever. Is it too early to call him a flop? I don't know, but I'm edging towards yes. Next week will tell a lot. I have an incredibly optimistic feeling that this team has something up their sleeve for the playoffs, (but they were banking on 2 games, not 3) and if they do Harry is surely central to that.

It is what it is, we signed players with character concerns and they let us down.
    It was a rebuilding season and we got off to a great start. We have fallen over the line and into the playoffs.
    There are many teams out there and fans who would give their left testicle to be in the playoffs.
    We are so lucky to have such a great owner, coach and quarterback.
    Just sit back and continue to enjoy the ride.
    I was a fsn before Kraft, before Belichick,before Brady. This is not a bad season, I remember bad seasons, truly awful ones. We went 12-4, that's a great season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

s.
    There are many teams out there and fans who would give their left testicle to be in the playoffs.

I'd give both to just play a bit of meaningful football in December, nevermind the playoffs:o

Could be big changes this off-season,McDaniels is favourite for Browns job, will Tom be back next year? Van Noy will probably get big money somewhere and talk of D-Mac retiring

It is what it is, we signed players with character concerns and they let us down.
    It was a rebuilding season and we got off to a great start. We have fallen over the line and into the playoffs.
    We are so lucky to have such a great owner, coach and quarterback.
    Just sit back and continue to enjoy the ride.
    I was a fsn before Kraft, before Belichick,before Brady. This is not a bad season, I remember bad seasons, truly awful ones. We went 12-4, that's a great season.

No one is saying its a bad season. It was a good one but just with an awful ending (for now anyway). Considering the offence we had it was a miracle we won as many games as we did.
    Just thinking back to all the optimism right before the season. We had a healthy Edelman, AB, Thomas, Gordon, a new shiny 1st round WR and Meyers who really impressed in preseason. Seems like a few years ago now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement