Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Standard Def? That still exists? Is it a CRT TV? Does it weigh a ton? :D

Genuinely - can PS4/Xbox even be played on a standard def tv?

Yup, you can get a hdmi to scart lead etc :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wait, I'm showing my ignorance. It's HD, but not the new, better type of HD with the R and all the Ks. My bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Standard Def? That still exists? Is it a CRT TV? Does it weigh a ton? :D

CRT's sure do still exist! For playing older games they cannot be beaten for picture quality (and no picture processing ****e so zero lag too). :)

vBFtXUu.jpg

Anyway, I plan on getting D2 for the PS4 not PC, so I'll happily settle for 60fps if they can achieve it.

I thought the trailer yesterday was a bit of fun, wouldn't read too much into it though - it's sole purpose to build hype and get folks to throw their money at the pre-orders. I'll get more exicted/concerned when we start getting concrete details on content and some proper gameplay footage.

Will there be any carry over with your characters from the first game or will everyone be starting from scratch again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Will there be any carry over with your characters from the first game or will everyone be starting from scratch again?

Think I read that some cosmetic items can carry over and there'll be some bonus content (again, likely just cosmetic/emotes/whatever) for people who carry over their characters, but ultimately everyone starts at the same base level again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Penn wrote: »
    Think I read that some cosmetic items can carry over and there'll be some bonus content (again, likely just cosmetic/emotes/whatever) for people who carry over their characters, but ultimately everyone starts at the same base level again.

Yeah, everyone will be back to square 1. The only thing that will carry forward will be your appearance choices. That's it. Which makes sense considering the synopsis of us losing our powers, and having to cross the solar system to learn to new powers and acquire new powerful weapons.

From the reveal trailer, The Traveller doesn't look too healthy, which could be why we lose the powers we acquired in D1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, everyone will be back to square 1. The only thing that will carry forward will be your appearance choices. That's it. Which makes sense considering the synopsis of us losing our powers, and having to cross the solar system to learn to new powers and acquire new powerful weapons.

From the reveal trailer, The Traveller doesn't look too healthy, which could be why we lose the powers we acquired in D1.

Well yeah thats the reason our powers are gone but seriously, if they dont have flaming hammers or something as cool as that for my titan then im not going to be happy at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hola Chica's!!!!!

Back to the grind i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

There's some emblems that I'd like to be brought forward but I suppose its not a big deal if we lose those too.(hope the new ones look good)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well yeah thats the reason our powers are gone but seriously, if they dont have flaming hammers or something as cool as that for my titan then im not going to be happy at all :(

Ah don't be so pessimistic. :D
    Hammers are cool and all, but who knows what cool new stuff we'll learn.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Subclasses is probably the announcement I'm looking forward to most. Would like to see the original 3 kept but jazzed up then maybe 2 or 3 more added for a lark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hola Chica's!!!!!

Back to the grind i go.

(☞゚∀゚)☞
    Penn wrote: »
    I caved and bought Destiny The Collection (well, ordered it before these new trailers came out) so will belt into it over the next few weeks

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd exercise caution with pre-orders on this one. I am sure as we get closer to launch we will be much more informed about what is and isn't in the game.

We should not forget that the Destiny base game was woeful. Raid aside.

I'd like to think that they are now a well oiled machine but it's important to remember that this is an Activision game. The temptation for them to launch with little content in hope of selling their expansions is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Story wise i think people are looking in the wrong place if they want some sort of space opera. Id compare it to something like diablo 3,the story gives you enough context for what your doing but thats about it,and the stroy becomes pretty irrelevent when starting the end game activities anyway,its all about that sweet loot and getting through the tougher challenges ie raids and hard mode activities. Its not going to be some sort of masterpiece of writing would be my guess.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd exercise caution with pre-orders on this one. I am sure as we get closer to launch we will be much more informed about what is and isn't in the game.

I'd like to think that they are now a well oiled machine but it's important to remember that this is an Activision game. The temptation for them to launch with little content in hope of selling their expansions is great.

I'm hoping they've learned a bit from their mistakes, they seemed to have taken some of the criticism on board going by Taken King even if Roi was a bit of a backward step. There's more personality in the teaser trailers than the entire first year of the game so fingers crossed.

People either want the game or they don't and will base their pre-order off that. We have already gone through this in the thread about the original game so can you stop bringing it up time and time again now?? This is a completely new game so lets see how it unfolds first.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

That is true of any game, it's ultimately a subjective thing.
    Me, I will be pre-ordering. I really enjoyed the multiplayer parts of Destiny. It also saved me loads of money with the amount of time I put into it. :pac:

nevelator wrote: »
    That is true of any game, it's ultimately a subjective thing.
    Me, I will be pre-ordering. I really enjoyed the multiplayer parts of Destiny. It also saved me loads of money with the amount of time I put into it. :pac:

The muliplayer/Co-op alone is the main reason I want this game. Its currently on another level compared to others games so I am hoping of more of the same this time around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pre-orders are a bad idea in general imo. I like to know what a game is like before I hand over my hard earned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pre-orders are a bad idea in general imo. I like to know what a game is like before I hand over my hard earned.

I agree, especially with the quality of titles lately - most people had an idea of what they were getting from the Alpha and Beta of Destiny, I don't think either was designed to mislead people...

People are always going to whinge no matter what Bungie do, from even back as far as Halo 2 days with it's "divisive" ending, and now as recently referenced a few posts back...

"I got burned on Destiny 1"

Fine, don't buy the game - no one demanded you buy the sequel either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In your opinion.

I'm sure people here, who have happily played the first game for 3 years; are well capable of making their own informed choices when it comes to pre-ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is Sep 8th the US release date or worldwide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is Sep 8th the US release date or worldwide?

Worldwide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I believe bungie will continue or improve with regards to the quality of Destiny.

Yes, Destiny Vanilla wasn't great - I think adding TDB and HoW to that beefed it up nicely and TTK completely changed the game up, imo. RoI was a nice addition too.

If Destiny 2 starts at the level of TTK, I will be happy out - and I expect that. Even if they don't hit that - if the mechanics are good (and Halo 1, 2, 3 and Destiny give me ample reason to think they will be) I know I will still have a great time playing co-op with all the lads on here - just as I have done this very week in Destiny 1.

I suppose the simple fact is I think people who got 'burned' by Vanilla Destiny have missed out on one of the best gaming experiences around. I pre-orded immediately last night and I can't Bungie will provide any reason between now and release to make me regret it. It would need to be worse than D1 (on release) and even then I would still have fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In your opinion.

I'm sure people here, who have happily played the first game for 3 years; are well capable of making their own informed choices when it comes to pre-ordering.

I doubt to many are still playing the base game seen as Bungie locked them out of the majority of activities if you hadn't bought DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm hoping they've learned a bit from their mistakes, they seemed to have taken some of the criticism on board going by Taken King even if Roi was a bit of a backward step. There's more personality in the teaser trailers than the entire first year of the game so fingers crossed.

It's almost like you have all completely forgotten the awesome Variks & Petra Banter Combo during HoW :)

I preordered, but it only cost me €5 for a €250 package. So if it's a day before launch. And I don't want it, I can change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

EoinHef wrote: »
    Story wise i think people are looking in the wrong place if they want some sort of space opera. Id compare it to something like diablo 3,the story gives you enough context for what your doing but thats about it,and the stroy becomes pretty irrelevent when starting the end game activities anyway,its all about that sweet loot and getting through the tougher challenges ie raids and hard mode activities. Its not going to be some sort of masterpiece of writing would be my guess.

I really don't buy into this at all. The story is allowed to be crap, just because?
    They've one of if not the biggest budgets in the industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's almost like you have all completely forgotten the awesome Variks & Petra Banter Combo during HoW :)

I preordered, but it only cost me €5 for a €250 package. So if it's a day before launch. And I don't want it, I can change my mind.

I wish they had done a mini Gally model for the collectors edition.

I've 1,000 hours in D1. Over the last 3 years, I've spent 135 quid on it (Base game, DLC, TTK). That's great value for money, on a per hour basis, for me. For me, it's money well spent. Did D1 have it's flaws? Yes, of course it did. There are no perfect games. Every game has it's own flaws. (Look at ME:A. People still bought it, are enjoying it, be damned what anyone else thinks / feels / says).

As Fieldog says, if you feel you got burnt / swindled with D1, don't pre-order. Hold your cash till you know more. For those of us who have enjoyed, and still are, our time with the game, we will be pre-ordering.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I doubt to many are still playing the base game seen as Bungie locked them out of the majority of activities if you hadn't bought DLC.

Now Emmet come on, you know Totz was talking about the entire game of Destiny 1 and not just the base game in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In your opinion.

I'd go so far as to say that having only played it for the first 4-6 weeks it was out (and putting a lot of hours into those weeks), I enjoyed the game a lot. The flaws started to hit then with regards to the grind and lack of content which evidently improved as the game went on though I'd checked out by then, but I'd happily say that the base game was a good game and I felt like I'd gotten my money's worth. It wouldn't bother me about whether or not to pre-order D2, but I'll likely just wait to see what benefit there is to it and probably decide the week before it comes out.

Advertisement