Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well apparently the base game size for D2 will be 13% larger than Destiny 1 + all DLC & expansions combined

any link to that? be great if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

any link to that? be great if true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/631mm0/destiny_2s_base_file_size_is_13_larger_than/

Not necessarily an indicator of a better story or anything. Might just be down to new physics engines and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

First thing that jumped out at me there was the suggestion that it may launch with less vault space than Destiny vanilla. A piece of me died reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wouldn't mind so much about less vault space if they made managing the space a little more straightforward. I hate having to use a 3rd party app (as good as they are) when clearing stuff out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id love to see a filter system for the vault,could do by type - rare/legendary/exotic and also by name ie type in the name and it only shows matches. Seems like a small change that would make a big difference to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

One thing I'd like is engrams decrypting on the spot. You could give cryptarch a daily bounty i.e. Set number of scanning bountys on certain areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks like the collectors editions on the xbox/playstation are sold out.

(hoping I get that cayde figure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id love to see a filter system for the vault,could do by type - rare/legendary/exotic and also by name ie type in the name and it only shows matches. Seems like a small change that would make a big difference to me

Destiny Item Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I really hope the walls and surfaces of Destiny 2 are smoother.

Absolutely fed up chucking a trip mine or lightning grenade against a wall and have it point directly downwards or somesh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Sept 7 and 8 booked off from work, noticed 3 of the other lads have taken the same dates. On that note 1 of them is looking to join the clan once it drops if there is still space in clan 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

riggerman wrote: »
    Sept 7 and 8 booked off from work, noticed 3 of the other lads have taken the same dates. On that note 1 of them is looking to join the clan once it drops if there is still space in clan 3.

Still space now but a lot can happen in 5 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'd like to be able to auto-disassemble items in the vault below a certain light level (or even loot drops). My vault is full and it's a pain having to clear it out.

riggerman wrote: »

He might as well join now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    Looks like the collectors editions on the xbox/playstation are sold out.

(hoping I get that cayde figure)
    Game UK still have stock at £220. You will need to use a UK shipping and billing address(unusually) for the order to go through as they won't ship it outside the UK.

Game UK still have stock at £220. You will need to use a UK shipping and billing address(unusually) for the order to go through as they won't ship it outside the UK.

Amazon France now have it back in stock, works out at €262 inc shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Destiny 2 for less than €40 on PC,not sure if it would be day 1 though

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/destiny-2-pc-steam-cd-key

EoinHef wrote: »
    Destiny 2 for less than €40 on PC,not sure if it would be day 1 though

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/destiny-2-pc-steam-cd-key

Its a digital key so it will unlock at the time it is supposed to for the region it is redeemed for.

Activision has sent out some promotional material to a few streamers and I'm guessing review sites and the like, they cannot reveal until 4pm today.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Activision has sent out some promotional material to a few streamers and I'm guessing review sites and the like, they cannot reveal until 4pm today.

Also the reason why the Weekly Update is today and not yesterday as usual.

Also the reason why the Weekly Update is today and not yesterday as usual.

There's a weekly update? I'm not taking the piss, I actually had no idea.

On a plus, I must have got the time conversion right from 8am Pacific!

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    There's a weekly update? I'm not taking the piss, I actually had no idea.

On a plus, I must have got the time conversion right from 8am Pacific!

"This Week at Bungie". Mostly every Thursday night, delayed until today this week.

4pm announcement was some content creaters saying they have been invited to take part in the game play reveal on May 18th. They'll be able to play and record pvp and pvp from D2. Lupo was the one I watched. A load of others invited too. Game play reveal will be on ps4 and pc.

Invite says.....

"welcome to a world without light". Dead ghost in the pic.

COLOUR ME INTERESTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile, did you get an invite? You know, to represent the Scandinavian player base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Invite says.....

"welcome to a world without light". Dead ghost in the pic.

COLOUR ME INTERESTED!

But I like collecting all the different shells. Doesn't the light power the supers aswell, surely they can't remove those from the game?

syboit wrote: »
    But I like collecting all the different shells. Doesn't the light power the supers aswell, surely they can't remove those from the game?

Thats all covered here: Linky

syboit wrote: »

Currently yes. But maybe there are other sources. Could also be we start the game with no light and the story mode brings it back (there way to reset power levels and sub classes)

I'd be surprised if we have permanently lost access to the light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Currently yes. But maybe there are other sources. Could also be we start the game with no light and the story mode brings it back (there way to reset power levels and sub classes)

I'd be surprised if we have permanently lost access to the light.

Was the light not associated with the traveller?

In that case if the traveller is gone so would the light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DrumSteve wrote: »

Did the light come from the traveller via the ghosts ? Not sure I've I ever seen this, but is the traveller still supposed to be creating ghosts, or was there only a limit number created after the traveller was stuck.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »

We don't have any proof the traveler is completely gone. Maybe it's just nearly destroyed and we lose our link. Maybe the traveler is completely destroyed but we are able to find a new source if power. Maybe the traveler is of the light itself, so there is some other way to access it.

The traveler and our light are such are massive part of what makes destiny the world it is, without them it just wouldn't be the same game. so I think there has to be a dramatic story telling element here. They have to provide some source of power for our abilities, fairly quickly, in the story I think.

Advertisement