Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Came accross a therory the other day as to why we dont have light at the start of destiny 2. Was pretty convincing. Dont know weather i should mention it here incase its true,could be considered a spoiler if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Came accross a therory the other day as to why we dont have light at the start of destiny 2. Was pretty convincing. Dont know weather i should mention it here incase its true,could be considered a spoiler if it is.

Post in a spoiler tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Dare I feel hopeful that even the nature of our confusion regarding the light, the traveller, the ghosts, and guardians is a telltale signs as to why there's the possibility of the narrative being structured this way? Could they be retrospectively filling in the blanks as to who and what's going on by removing it all and have the player reassemble in D2?

Post in a spoiler tag.
    Basically in the new images of the traveler it looks like there could be some sort of shell around it,the surface doesnt look the same as destiny 1. The theory is that the cabal have somehow managed to imprison the traveller in this shell which then cuts the guardians off from their source of light. Its in a grinmore that the cabal find out that the guardians are remade after death using the ghosts and the travelers light and as long as thats the case the cabal will struggle to beat the guardians so they start to come up with a plan to seperate the guardians from their ghosts and the travelers light. The shell being the result of this plan.

Could all be rubbish but the idea seems to fit right in for me.

EoinHef wrote:
    Could all be rubbish but the idea seems to fit right in for me.

The idea is bursting with story so it probably is! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Amazon discount codes for video games, can be used on preorders. The £10 off £75 will net you the Destiny 2 Limited Edition for £80, added the other codes incase anyone wants to stack orders.

Save £20.00 when you spend £150.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG20OFF150 at checkout.

Save £10.00 when you spend £75.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG10OFF75 at checkout.

Save £5.00 when you spend £40.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG5OFF40 at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ordered the digital deluxe version from PSN, now watching clock count down from129 days

Well the missus just ordered the game and expansion pass bundle for me on PSN for my birthday.

This breaks my usual pre order rule but im hoping it wont be a let down.

So im a fully paid passenger on the hype train now,choo choo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SMG?

Enemy_1440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SMG?

Enemy_1440.jpg

well that is a Cabal holding it - so not really indicative of anything. enemies have weapons we don't have.

There was an image yesterday of a warlock holding what looks to be an SMG though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

SMG?

Enemy_1440.jpg

Slug rifle, I've been killed by it a few times.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Slug rifle, I've been killed by it a few times.

pfft. noob.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decided to pre order today, so I got my beta code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Angron wrote: »
    Decided to pre order today, so I got my beta code.

Where did you pre-order?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gamestop. Don't have many options out here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gamestop. Don't have many options out here.

Yeah this all you have in that god awful place :P

jonnycivic wrote:
    Yeah this all you have in that god awful place

Where is that place?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Where is that place?

The hole that is called Longford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The hole that is called Longford :P

1422.gif

Reported to be from a disgruntled employee, who apparently has posted before on reddit and been proven right.

417692.PNG

Reported playspace: 1 Subset of a planetary playspace could be 4x the size of the entirety of The Cosmodrome. :eek:

Playable Fallen :eek:. If true then rumours of us teaming up, reluctantly, would be true. The Fallen worship the Traveller, and to see it attacked by the Cabal, there might just be a renegade faction that would be willing to help us protect and defend the Traveller, and maybe even co-exist and share in the Travellers Light.

The 3 Diablo influences, Light being like Paragon Levels / Gear Set Bonuses / Gear Transmogrification would be greatly welcomed. Only concern would be the Paragon style Light system; so long as it doesn't make us too overpowered it's a good thing, but they would need to also take inspiration from Diablo's Greater Rifts. The difficulty can be upped on these based on your Paragon level, so they would need something like that for Strikes/NF's (maybe Raids?) IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm all for hyperbolic speculation over the coming months so I will engage.

- bigger game worlds is ok but there's huge areas of the plague lands for example with nothing in them, that you have to drive through to get from one area to the next

- no gear trading is a good thing. There's more a sense of accomplishment when you get stuff yourself. The Thorn and (exotic shotgun) pvp legs were daunting for me at first but turned out to be pretty fun.

- I so want an alien raven

- The Divisions Dark Zone was widely hated. Really didn't work with the PvE gear balancing. They'd fix something in PvP which would break it in PvE. It also enables "I think I'll be a dick" mode. It was ok in small doses imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If there is any truth to all that and the 60fps rumours I'll be a happy man

I'm in work for the reveal unfortunately... :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    - bigger game worlds is ok but there's huge areas of the plague lands for example with nothing in them, that you have to drive through to get from one area to the next

We know that the game world will be bigger. Will it be to this extent? Who knows, but we also know that legacy consoles seriously hampered what could and couldn't be done in D1. There is speculation (and maybe some comments from Bungie themselves) that the game world will have NPC towns (not to the extent that they are in true MMO's, but maybe HZD like), so there could be more to do within the open world than currently in D1
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    - The Divisions Dark Zone was widely hated. Really didn't work with the PvE gear balancing. They'd fix something in PvP which would break it in PvE. It also enables "I think I'll be a dick" mode. It was ok in small doses imo.

I think it was more the implementation of it was disliked, more than the concept of it. Don't forget, when The Division released, there where widespread hacks and exploits used to ramp up. Broken mechanics and weapons. All of which was allowed to persist for so long in the live game that by the time Massive? got around to trying to fix it, it was already too late. Their inaction kinda spelled the end for the game.

Do not want a PVP dark zone type thing. Don't like PvP and PvE being mixed up in anyway.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah this all you have in that god awful place :P
    Depressingly true :( Off hand, I can't really think of any other places that sell video games in the county.

Depressingly true :( Off hand, I can't really think of any other places that sell video games in the county.

No Smyths or Tesco's?

Told work I am leaving 30 minutes early (came in 30 minutes early) and paid €6 to park beside the office rather than park for free an 11minute walk away cause i am determined to be home at 6pm. COME ON D2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just my luck, I'll either be on the Aircoach back from Cork when the Live Stream Reveal is on, or I'll have JUST gotten off said bus and be in Cork City before heading home. Shame I probably wont be able to enjoy it live :/

Just my luck, I'll either be on the Aircoach back from Cork when the Live Stream Reveal is on, or I'll have JUST gotten off said bus and be in Cork City before heading home. Shame I probably wont be able to enjoy it live :/

Wifi on buses mofo :P also wifi everywhere just watch and enjoy :D

• Advertisement

Also, first thing I did when I joined the company - book the 8th of September and following week off work. Don't think I will actually need that week off. but I need to take time off at some point so may as well.

Advertisement