Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, but the bus is due to arrive at like 6pm. So I'll have to get off and make my way home as the stream kicks off :/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

DAHciiGUIAAvOIg.jpg

ooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, but the bus is due to arrive at like 6pm. So I'll have to get off and make my way home as the stream kicks off :/

This just seems like horrific planning on your part.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No Smyths or Tesco's?
    Nearest Smyths is (unless I'm mistaken) Athlone, and Tesco doesn't really have games any more. I think the last time I looked, the only game they had in there was some Call of Duty one.

I just pre-booked mine on PSN. Won't get it early, but certain to have it on launch and don't have to consider changing disks when I want to play different games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Angron wrote: »
    Nearest Smyths is (unless I'm mistaken) Athlone, and Tesco doesn't really have games any more. I think the last time I looked, the only game they had in there was some Call of Duty one.

Yeah the nearest to you is either argos who won't take pre-orders, smyths in athlone, gamestop in mullingar or on the very odd chance that supervalu have it on release :D Tesco there is useless for games and always has been ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I just pre-booked mine on PSN. Won't get it early, but certain to have it on launch and don't have to consider changing disks when I want to play different games.

giphy.gif?response_id=591db767639cfd65e3b182d4giphy.gif?response_id=591db7be4f6761c0369e7e43giphy.gif?response_id=591db7a06d020949f2dd0495

various gifs
    Got to think long term - might want to play something else in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Just starting work now, but luck would have it I was told last night I'm working in a different department for tonight. Island station instead of being on the line and phones are allowed. Are they streaming on YouTube because twitch is blocked at work.?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got to think long term - might want to play something else in February.

You'll miss the first DLC so :P And ain't you suppose to play with yo woman in feb? :pac:

• Advertisement

On the DLC actually - keep hearing the podcasters on Planet Destiny and DCP saying Trials of Osiris could be held back for the first DLC - the Osiris DLC. I do think Trials (or its replacement) should be held for a little while - but if they hold it back to the DLC I think they would still have to ship it free to everyone. I don't think they could charge for Trials twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

On the DLC actually - keep hearing the podcasters on Planet Destiny and DCP saying Trials of Osiris could be held back for the first DLC - the Osiris DLC. I do think Trials (or its replacement) should be held for a little while - but if they hold it back to the DLC I think they would still have to ship it free to everyone. I don't think they could charge for Trials twice.

They won't. It's an established PvP mode now, it'll just be held off on for a while, along with IB or whatever it's replacement will be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I would hope that's the case. Trials is bread and butter to the game now, second only to the raids imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What time is the live stream?

5pm for build up with some behind the scenes interviews. Actual reveal itself is scheduled to start at 6pm (our time).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I would hope that's the case. Trials is bread and butter to the game now, second only to the raids imo.

I agree - I think Trials is what has kept Destiny relevant, and I don't even play it.

I think Trials as a 'limited time' (lol, more than half the week!) game mode, focused on the weekend really, is a better sell for streams than a general ranked mode.

If Destiny had simply ranked PvP similar to Overwatch, instead of Trials, would it lose some of its stream viewership? You couldn't be carried in Ranked like you can be in Trials - you would have to be at a good enough level to get in with the top players to begin with.

Overwatch does have a good Twitch following though so obviously people are interested in simply watching others test themselves and compete.

I do think Bungie should have been talking to the top streamers over the last few months to shape the PvP end game - I think they have simply been too important to keeping Destiny going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just give me Black Ops style league play and ill be happy

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ranked play is addictive but it pretty much kills my enjoyment of casual matches once it's introduced. i just can't get into a game if there isn't an arbitrary number going up or down based on my performance :(

Nice cinematic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

watching the stream, nice new video to start off with but they have the audio from the crowd which obviously has the video's audio in the background so there's a small echo.

Not a fan of replacing the standard 6v6 with 4v4.

Crucible to be made 4v4 in all game modes unless I heard wrong :eek: I'm thinking there'll be a ranked mode this time around...

Varik wrote: »
    Not a fan of replacing the standard 6v6 with 4v4.

Agreed.

Captain America subclass confirmed :pac:

Well. Wow.

See ya Twitch, youtube has it live too.

Wow. It looks amazing. Animations and graphics a huge upgrade.

New supers look amazing too.

Hmmmm, different starts per class it seems.

• Advertisement

TOTALLY CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Advertisement