Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This guy on stage...

ldbWK.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Attack defend type PvP mode was inevitable with the way shooters have gone in the last year with Siege and Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Only 4v4 PVP. What's up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was a scene showing what looked more like a guardian ship dropping a tank off.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only 4v4 PVP. What's up with that.

Yeah, disappointed with that. Reducing the numbers in PvP? Feels an odd decision for casuals - aimed squarely at the pro/comp scene who play 4v4 as a standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think 4v4 is generally best for pvp but it'll upset some people

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, disappointed with that. Reducing the numbers in PvP? Feels an odd decision for casuals - aimed squarely at the pro/comp scene who play 4v4 as a standard.

Yeah I think it's a strange decision to remove bigger teams completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    I think 4v4 is generally best for pvp but it'll upset some people

It's best for comp pvp, but not for casuals imo. I think top end players are the ones being catered for with that decision. And I think that is where you will see the split in opinion.

Built in LFG for solo players where clans can host and allow solo players to join. Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Fireteams of 6 is what makes Destiny for me - even for the PVP. Not eager for the 4v4 only. Like the "matchmaking option" for finding a team for endgame activities though.

• Advertisement

I'd say they'll do a 180 or introduce 6v6 modes later, the casual PVPers aren't the loudest but there's much more of them than the hardcore competitive players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It's best for comp pvp, but not for casuals imo. I think top end players are the ones being catered for with that decision. And I think that is where you will see the split in opinion.

Whilst I don't really think it actually effects casual players much, it's a silly decision really. Can't be difficult to keep some sort of larger mode in and avoid criticism. It does mean the maps will likely be far more suited to what's being played though.

They add a system for solo players to play with others but they restrict the numbers to 4. Where's is the logic in that. They'all have to revert that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did they mention dedicated servers in PVP?

They add a system for solo players to play with others but they restrict the numbers to 4. Where's is the logic in that. They'all have to revert that decision.

I think that feature is more aimed at raids/nightfalls, solo players won't have any issue in PvP outside of trials anyway.

Destiny PC will be through battle.net only, whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Looks great. More, but better. I'll take that.

Sad face for my defender titan though if that void shield replaces him

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No Steam release is a big, big gamble for them to take. I know Activision own both Blizzard and Bungie but still, you'd expect it to be a Steam game.

Wonder if this is the start of Activision switching all PC to battle.net.

Could very well be, only a matter of time before Destiny characters end up in Heroes of the Storm so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm kinda happy it's not on steam. Don't get the love-in for steam at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Look great. Not sure how to feel about ALL PvP game modes switching to 4v4. I dunno why they didn't leave it at 6v6 and have seasonal ranked 4v4 modes alongside it.

Damn, pvp with a team of 6 was good fun. Many a drunken shenanigans were had

Gonna be sweaty as hell now whatever the mood

Minor criticism, apart from the Captain America subclass the other ones didn't look particularly imaginative. The sword one just looked like, well swords and Arcstrider didn't look too different to Bladedamcer to me.

Was there any mention of Trials?

I don't think their intention was to massively change how subclasses work. People would be up in arms if they did that

Nope, but with how they talked about PVP it seems like everything is gonna resemble trials

I don't think their intention was to massively change how subclasses work. People would be up in arms if they did that

They've added a second super for each class/subclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    They've added a second supper for each class/subclass.

You sure? Where'd you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

at the start he did say people will be able to access strikes/trials and raids easier. but no real specific mention about any D2 trials

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Varik wrote: »
    They've added a second supper for each class/subclass.

What? Egg and chips? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You sure? Where'd you see that?

was it the home coming mission ? the warlock was able to put out some kind of shield (aka ward of dawn) and then broke into the sword afterwards. first part could be a type of grenade though ?

Will be interesting to hear the streamers talk about the changes to the gun layouts.

Advertisement