Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »
    was it the home coming mission ? the warlock was able to put out some kind of shield (aka ward of dawn) and then broke into the sword afterwards. first part could be a type of grenade though ?

Will be interesting to hear the streamers talk about the changes to the gun layouts.

Yeah, dont think I saw the super bar deplete on the healing aura thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »
    was it the home coming mission ? the warlock was able to put out some kind of shield (aka ward of dawn) and then broke into the sword afterwards. first part could be a type of grenade though ?

Will be interesting to hear the streamers talk about the changes to the gun layouts.

That was a boost heal or something. There was an icon bottom left beside melee and grenade to show it on cool down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not on steam is a surprise,that will upset a good few people and probably hurt its sales on PC.

Makes sense for activision as there will be nobody else taking a cut for each game sold. Be much harder to get grey market keys for too id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For Trials, I thought they said it would now be Trials of the Nine. We may finally get to know more about them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not on steam is a surprise,that will upset a good few people and probably hurt its sales on PC.

Makes sense for activision as there will be nobody else taking a cut for each game sold. Be much harder to get grey market keys for too id say.

I mean it's a Activision Blizzard game. I dunno why people would have even expected it to be on Steam ahead of Battlenet.

• Advertisement

I mean it's a Activision Blizzard game. I dunno why people would have even expected it to be on Steam ahead of Battlenet.

Because other Activision games are on steam,this is the first time they have done this.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EoinHef wrote: »

Plenty of grey market overwatch keys around, though they don't seem to drop as low as steam games.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Plenty of grey market overwatch keys around, though they don't seem to drop as low as steam games.

Ye true actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm generally happy with most of what was revealed. Looks like more Destiny which is what we all want.

On the downside having only 4 planets is very disappointing, especially when one of those is Earth. Also the switch to 4 on 4 in PvP makes no sense to me at all. I think it will make the maps seem very empty. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

I wonder is there any chance of cross save between PS4 and PC. I will be sticking with PS4 (as I hope most will be here) but it would be nice to play solo on PC and then switch the character back to PS4 for co-op and PvP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's mental. Never expected to see that. Smart though, as it has a massive player base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm generally happy with most of what was revealed. Looks like more Destiny which is what we all want.

On the downside having only 4 planets is very disappointing, especially when one of those is Earth. Also the switch to 4 on 4 in PvP makes no sense to me at all. I think it will make the maps seem very empty. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Is it really only 4 planets?

I really liked what I seen today but the question yet to be answered is how much content are we getting with the base game. I hope Activision aren't going to skimp on the base game to flog us an ocean of DLC.

Don't see any issue with there only 4 planets. Play spaces apparently far bigger than what we have had. I don't get why a load of planets would be needed.

Also, this would be the vanilla version. Two dlc packs on the way, Osiris would make sense to have mercury stuff. Would imagine the big content drops could include new planets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Don't see any issue with there only 4 planets. Play spaces apparently far bigger than what we have had. I don't get why a load of planets would be needed.

Also, this would be the vanilla version. Two dlc packs on the way, Osiris would make sense to have mercury stuff. Would imagine the big content drops could include new planets too.

Love the look of the new Moons IO and Titan, really different to what we've seen already.

Wonder what the story is then with the D1 locations, reef/mars/venus , is it typical for mmo/rpg style games when they move on to leave old locations behind ?

Ooooh,so we might get to see the jovians?

Couldnt watch the reveal in work,off a 5am so gonna get home make a big fat cup of tea and watch it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Never paid attention to the first installment... is there anywhere that would be particularly useful for getting up to speed on backstory/lore etc?

Edit: Looks like it could be delayed on PC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Reveal was good. Not pre-ordered yet, as not sure which version to get, but probably PS4 for the exclusives.

Want to see what enhancements we will see for PS4 Pro and the Scorpio. I take it we will hear about that at E3.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wes wrote: »
    Reveal was good. Not pre-ordered yet, as not sure which version to get, but probably PS4 for the exclusives.

Want to see what enhancements we will see for PS4 Pro and the Scorpio. I take it we will hear about that at E3.

Disappointing but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Never paid attention to the first installment... is there anywhere that would be particularly useful for getting up to speed on backstory/lore etc?

Edit: Looks like it could be delayed on PC :rolleyes:
    That might be part of the Activision PlayStation deal. It might only be 2 weeks are so just to make sure PlayStation get a good crack at selling copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks good but was expecting as such, not pre ordering this one though gonna wait to see more content before I make a decision

"The reveal gameplay was straight up PS4 gameplay"

Mrs5000Watts on Twitter. I asked how close to the reveal game play the console versions are, cause I assumed it was high end pc.

• Advertisement

"The reveal gameplay was straight up PS4 gameplay"

Mrs5000Watts on Twitter. I asked how close to the reveal game play the console versions are, cause I assumed it was high end pc.

Another reply from her:

"The PS4 version looks gorgeous. People are upset about frames but honestly... it looks amazing"

What frame rate was it running at? Must have been 30 if people are getting riled up? I thought it looked much the same as the first game tbh.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What frame rate was it running at? I thought it looked much the same as the first game tbh.

All the info at the moment is 30fps on consoles, unlocked on pc.

Not a big deal for me to be honest, I don't feel any real difference in fps, never feel a difference to Overwatch - though I know some do so maybe I'm just weird. I just want it stable.

4v4 only Crucible / IB / Trials = poor decision. Catering to competitive scene only.

NO dedicated servers. Matchmaking reworked to ensure good connections.

They had a chance on the PvP side. :(

Not a big deal for me to be honest, I don't feel any real difference in fps, never feel a difference to Overwatch - though I know some do so maybe I'm just weird. I just want it stable.

Yeah, confirmed locked to 30fps.

I'm same as you, never notice the difference. Filthy casuals we are.

What kind of screens are you playing on? I don't think it's as noticeable as people make out and I only really noticed it when I came back for RoI after I had been playing games that run faster for months. If felt like my character was running through mud at first but then after a half hour or so it went back to feeling normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I never noticed the 30fps on Destiny when I was playing it. Now I'm playing loads of Overwatch and going back to Destiny is quite jarring. I can definitely see the difference.

32" 1080pTV

• Advertisement

4v4 only Crucible / IB / Trials = poor decision. Catering to competitive scene only.

NO dedicated servers. Matchmaking reworked to ensure good connections.

They had a chance on the PvP side. :(

No too bothered on dedicated servers to be honest - I just don't care that much.

I think if they had introduced ranked and unranked pvp they could have done ranked at 4vs4 and kept casual at 6vs6. I think 4vs4 is a more intimidating prospect and less forgiving to a casual skillset - there is a reason it is the staple for the competitive scene. Really not happy with that decision.

Also, it plays to the reason I didnt like prison of elders - reducing the fireteam from 6 to 3, in this case 4, reduces the fireteam size our community was built on and had fun in. Assuming raids stay 6 man the disconnect between raid and pvp teams annoys me.

Advertisement