Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think removing 6v6 entirely was short sighted but so is knocking 4v4. From regularly reading these forums most didn't give 3v3 a chance even though it was widely considered to suit the game far more than 6v6 on D1.

Just realised I'm away for the first 4 weeks after release, downbuzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I never noticed the 30fps on Destiny when I was playing it. Now I'm playing loads of Overwatch and going back to Destiny is quite jarring. I can definitely see the difference.
    Yep, I concede maybe I'm just weird. I've never noticed a difference between the two. They feel different in gaming terms but I've never thought the franerate was an issue visually or that my aim was off cause I was missing frame speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No too bothered on dedicated servers to be honest - I just don't care that much.

I think if they had introduced ranked and unranked pvp they could have done ranked at 4vs4 and kept casual at 6vs6. I think 4vs4 is a more intimidating prospect and less forgiving to a casual skillset - there is a reason it is the staple for the competitive scene. Really not happy with that decision.

Also, it plays to the reason I didnt like prison of elders - reducing the fireteam from 6 to 3, in this case 4, reduces the fireteam size our community was built on and had fun in. Assuming raids stay 6 man the disconnect between raid and pvp teams annoys me.

We shouldn't have to be dealing with lag now a days though. On so many occasions in Destiny I think I've killed someone only for them to lag ahead of me and shoot me in the back.

Red bar guys seemed to get the benefit of their poor connection :(

AdamD wrote: »
    I think removing 6v6 entirely was short sighted but so is knocking 4v4. From regularly reading these forums most didn't give 3v3 a chance even though it was widely considered to suit the game far more than 6v6 on D1.

Just realised I'm away for the first 4 weeks after release, downbuzz.
    Yes. 4vs4 could offer more room to breath and a better pace. I'll certainly give it a chance. My main criticism right now is that the 6 man fire team is great craic and reducing that annoys me, as it did with PoE

We shouldn't have to be dealing with lag now a days though. On so many occasions in Destiny I think I've killed someone only for them to lag ahead of me and shoot me in the back.

Red bar guys seemed to get the benefit of their poor connection :(
    That's as much down to net code though. In other games lag results in a much more negative experience for the person lagging. Dedicated servers, as far as I know, aren't the only solution to connection issues.

I'm not saying I don't want them, it just isn't any sort of deal breaker to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Weapons have mods.... And a new currency - Purple Crystals

https://twitter.com/DestinyNews_net/status/865380669798658048

No more Int / Disc / Str. All cooldown at the same rate.

That's as much down to net code though. In other games lag results in a much more negative experience for the person lagging. Dedicated servers, as far as I know, aren't the only solution to connection issues.

I'm not saying I don't want them, it just isn't any sort of deal breaker to me.

It was discussed quite a bit buy people who had poor connections should be matched with others with poor connections.

Overwatch and Titanfall are two games I played the most with dedicated servers and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've experienced lag. COD and Destiny were the two games I played most that didn't have dedicated servers and lag was rife in both.

It's so much more frustrating to play multiplayer without dedicated servers. And it the servers make for a much more balanced feel (if I die I know it's my fault and not some lag spike from the enemies).

• Advertisement

always did wonder why burn weapons didn't match vs super usage. Will be fun to see how that changes things - picking a counter super loadout.

One of the exotics deals bonus damage and gets unlimited ammo when you get hit with arc damage - will be interesting to see how things like that play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Serious salt on PS4 Reddit :

"Destiny 2 looks like it should have been Destiny DLC"

"Destiny 2 looks like Destiny"

What did you expect?

:)

It was discussed quite a bit but people who had poor connections should be matched with others with poor connections.

Overwatch and Titanfall are two games I played the most with dedicated servers and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've experienced lag. COD and Destiny were the two games I played most that didn't have dedicated servers and lag was rife in both.

It's so much more frustrating to play multiplayer without dedicated servers. And it the servers make for a much more balanced feel (if I die I know it's my fault and not some lag spike from the enemies).

I suppose my opinion is clouded by the fact Destiny and Overwatch are the only two FPS titles I have played online for any real amount of time - Destiny being the main one for that - so Destiny is 90% of my experience and I have very little to compare it against. I probably just accept lag as a thing and try not to let it bother me too much.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Serious salt on PS4 Reddit :

"Destiny 2 looks like it should have been Destiny DLC"

"Destiny 2 looks like Destiny"

What did you expect?

:)

some people....

We haven't even seen how we interact with the actual game world or the size of it - that has the potential to be the biggest departure from Destiny. We have only seen a snipit of gameplay - and the gameplay itself is what should most resemble Destiny 1. If they had changed it to 3rd person action adventure I'd be pissed!:pac:

I suppose my opinion is clouded by the fact Destiny and Overwatch are the only two FPS titles I have played online for any real amount of time - Destiny being the main one for that - so Destiny is 90% of my experience and I have very little to compare it against. I probably just accept lag as a thing and try not to let it bother me too much.

I played mostly COD then moved onto Titanfall. Then Destiny and then onto Overwatch and Titanfall 2.

When you go from no dedicated servers to dedicated servers you can definitely see it. Mainly through your lack of "bulls**t" deaths and guys jumping all around the map :pac:

I played mostly COD then moved onto Titanfall. Then Destiny and then onto Overwatch and Titanfall 2.

When you go from no dedicated servers to dedicated servers you can definitely see it. Mainly through your lack of "bulls**t" deaths and guys jumping all around the map :pac:

i do think the move to a 4vs4 base - which is inherently more competitive (imo) - makes leaving it as hosted PvP an odd disconnect in design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All i can say is it looks awesome :D

i do think the move to a 4vs4 base - which is inherently more competitive (imo) - makes leaving it as hosted PvP an odd disconnect in design.

Im not a fan of the 4v4 as the whole point of Destiny was your 6 man team. Waiting on one guy to finish dinner to do Atheon so give Crucible a blast together for a while until he's ready. Now one guys is left on his own if the other four want to kill a few minutes.

There is also zero point in having a more competitive mode (or feel to it) and then still having lag because you'll have people even more annoyed.

Don't think for a minute that I'm hating on D2 already because I'm not. I just think some very strange decisions have been made so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The main thing that's baffled me with Destiny connections is that the lagger sometimes gets an advantage. This shouldn't happen and doesn't on other titles. Try playing cod on red bar...no kills you for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

4v4 might turn out to be a good idea but I think people really should hold off and wait until you play the game before knocking it. They may end up bringing back 6v6 or maybe even an 8v8 mode in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »
    The main thing that's baffled me with Destiny connections is that the lagger sometimes gets an advantage. This shouldn't happen and doesn't on other titles. Try playing cod on red bar...no kills you for.

Yup, we've all had those games where redbars just blink around the map killing everyone and a lot of times top of the leaderboards.

A lot of info we really haven't got yet like progression with xp, supers (old & new), materials, weapons and their slot changes. A lot of this I suppose we'll get when we get to play the beta.

Not too pushed on 30fps locked either, I don't know any better (haven't played any games with better 30fps so I'm not missing anything).

Personally if they just took D1 and bolted on all the new levels I would have been happy with that. My biggest gripe is the talk of Ps4/PC account crossover, why no xbox ? (and I'm assuming more ps4 exclusives coming, like c'mon we haven't got the destiny 1 stuff yet)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    4v4 might turn out to be a good idea but I think people really should hold off and wait until you play the game before knocking it. They may end up bringing back 6v6 or maybe even an 8v8 mode in the future :)

Definitely, if enough people whinge, they will listen

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonnycivic wrote: »

Never understood why there was no 8v8 mode in the first game like they did with Halo, the few big maps with vehicles seemed to be clearly made with teams of 8 in mind.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

syboit wrote: »

Personally if they just took D1 and bolted on all the new levels I would have been happy with that. My biggest gripe is the talk of Ps4/PC account crossover, why no xbox ? (and I'm assuming more ps4 exclusives coming, like c'mon we haven't got the destiny 1 stuff yet)

Where you hear that?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where you hear that?

Was watching "imsicc" (i believe his name is) on twitch last night and he was talking about it.

Oh, and surely there is scope for 8v8 or 9v9 , the vehicle maps on D1 were surely big enough to accommodate that

Where you hear that?

They didn't confirm or deny anything about the save swap, I'd say we will know more at E3

Doesn't make any sense though with how Xbox and PC are being tied together by MS via Win 10

syboit wrote: »
    Was watching "imsicc" (i believe his name is) on twitch last night and he was talking about it.

Oh, and surely there is scope for 8v8 or 9v9 , the vehicle maps on D1 were surely big enough to accommodate that

Would suck balls if it's true for just PS4, be nice to be able to hop between the two depending on who's online.

Would suck balls if it's true for just PS4, be nice to be able to hop between the two depending on who's online.

That cross save stiff is from a reddit post that had a lot of stuff that wasn't confirmed yesterday.

Playable fallen race - no mention or hint.
    Dividion dark zone style area - no mention or hint.
    Spaceship combat - no mention or hint.
    Cross save - no mention or hint.

So any comment on such is unfounded at this point.

You would imagine they will have some big announcements to make at E3 though - announcing cross save at the sony E3 conference would make more sense than to do so yesterday. Not saying I know that to be the case.

• Advertisement

That cross save stiff is from a reddit post that had a lot of stuff that wasn't confirmed yesterday.

Playable fallen race - no mention or hint.
    Dividion dark zone style area - no mention or hint.
    Spaceship combat - no mention or hint.
    Cross save - no mention or hint.

So any comment on such is unfounded at this point.

You would imagine they will have some big announcements to make at E3 though - announcing cross save at the sony E3 conference would make more sense than to do so yesterday. Not saying I know that to be the case.

Well, this is the rumour/gossip thread :)

Hopefully we'll see more at E3, will be interesting to hear more from the streamers that were present yesterday once they get back home.

Advertisement