Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »
    Well, this is the rumour/gossip thread :)

Hopefully we'll see more at E3, will be interesting to hear more from the streamers that were present yesterday once they get back home.

I know - i was only pointing out where the info originally came from, and that the post it originates from has not been verified by what we have been told or seen so far.

Speculate away - just providing a bit of context to that speculation (where I can).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Really looking forward to playing it on the PC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Really looking forward to playing it on the PC.

I'll probably try the beta on there for sure to see how it runs but I'm going to have to stick with Xbox for full release as most of the people I play with will be on there.

Have to say I was shocked when Mrs500Watts said the gameplay reveal was PS4 gameplay. It looks incredible. So incredible I am still not sure she is right! King Gothalion was saying it is PC on his stream yesterday but he wasn't at the event and was basing that on particle effects and things like that being PC graphic card things and not available on the consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Have to say I was shocked when Mrs500Watts said the gameplay reveal was PS4 gameplay. It looks incredible. So incredible I am still not sure she is right! King Gothalion was saying it is PC on his stream yesterday but he wasn't at the event and was basing that on particle effects and things like that being PC graphic card things and not available on the consoles.

After the presentation the audience played the game on PS4 Pro.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'll probably try the beta on there for sure to see how it runs but I'm going to have to stick with Xbox for full release as most of the people I play with will be on there.

I'll probably switch back and forth between the two, but yeah going to get some idea how it runs on my turd of a pc but I do plan on getting a new gfx card before it releases on pc.

After the presentation the audience played the game on PS4 Pro.

MrWoodhouse - one of the Destiny Reddit Mods was at the reveal and said the PC version looks significantly better than the PS4 version - but said the PS4 version looked great. If the reveal gameplay was PS4 I can’t even begin to think what the PC version looked like (apart from smoother at 60/120fps).

Generic might have some more insight into it - may have got more specific details off MrWoodhouse.

As an aside - Generic, were you running the DetinyReddit twitter last night and replied to me?

May get the Pro. May get it on PC. May be divorced by end September.

giphy.gif?response_id=591ecf9284e50404cc98cd29

apparently night&day difference between console an pc version(so basically like every other game)

dat 60fps tho* though i think its uncapped too

• Advertisement

apparently night&day difference between console an pc version(so basically like every other game)

dat 60fps tho*

Is anyone really surprised by this anymore? PC version of any game, if done correctly, should be visually superior. Here's to hoping that Vicarious port the game correctly, so it doesn't end up among all the other bug-ridden ports.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I honestly didn't think the graphics looked much different from the first game in the footage they showed.

so it doesn't end up among all the other bug-ridden ports.

Yeah, I really hope its a decent port. If it was a crappy port I think I'd end up just playing it on consoles.

Thank god we no longer have to go back to orbit to change activities!

Yeah, I really hope its a decent port. If it was a crappy port I think I'd end up just playing it on consoles.

Thank god we no longer have to go back to orbit to change activities!

PS4 will be where I play. Question is OG or Pro?

We may not be going to Orbit anymore, but we will still have a flying ship loading screen, though hopefully not for as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PS4 will be where I play. Question is OG or Pro?

We may not be going to Orbit anymore, but we will still have a flying ship loading screen, though hopefully not for as long.

I wonder what it'll be like on Scorpio? Maybe 60FPS (except in Crucible)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wonder what it'll be like on Scorpio? Maybe 60FPS (except in Crucible)

Doubt it, it will have to maintain multiplayer parity with the standard​ Xbox One version - same way the Pro has to with the standard PS4, anything that's an advantage just isn't allowed unfortunately...

Console wise I'll be playing on the scorpio for sure, I can't see them having it 60fps on scorpio/pro and then having it locked 30fps on the regular consoles.

Though it would be nice!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doubt it, it will have to maintain multiplayer parity with the standard​ Xbox One version - same way the Pro has to with the standard PS4, anything that's an advantage just isn't allowed unfortunately...

Hence why I said except Crucible, you could lock the frame rate at 30 there. PvE shouldn't matter if it's 30 or 60.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hence why I said except Crucible, you could lock the frame rate at 30 there. PvE shouldn't matter if it's 30 or 60.

Don't get your hopes up...

60 is still an advantage IMO how quickly you can point your gun, and if someone in your party isn't at same it's just not going to work

I don't think they would have it going from 30 - 60 in a game like Destiny, it would be too jarring on the eyes

I'd love to be disproven but I'd bet the house on it...

And I don't bet... :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also having some users on 30fps and some on 60fps during raids is going to cause issues isnt it?

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Also having some users on 30fps and some on 60fps during raids is going to cause issues isnt it?

Yeah, with speed of people hitting bosses at same time etc, can't see it working tbh

Good enough explanation here about tick rates :

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/59ab19/question_what_is_the_difference_between_a_30hz/

It would work fine, it does in pretty much every game on pc. Outside of pro players it won't make a difference in PvP either.

It would work fine, it does in pretty much every game on pc. Outside of pro players it won't make a difference in PvP either.

My thoughts exactly.

Same goes for PC in Multiplayer. On games you could have guys running medium at 60FPS and others high at 120FPS.

At the end of the day in Destiny a guy with a ****ty internet connection will have more benefit over a guy with a solid connection than someone playing the game at 30 v 60FPS.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah, with speed of people hitting bosses at same time etc, can't see it working tbh

Good enough explanation here about tick rates :

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/59ab19/question_what_is_the_difference_between_a_30hz/

That's talking about tickrate not fps i think, Destiny only had a 10hz tickrate as far as I know.

in case anyone was wondering, a Switch release is highly unlikely. :rolleyes:

dat 60fps tho* though i think its uncapped too

but apparently the gameplay reveal was PS4. If thats the case I am more than delighted with what the PS4 version looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

people are confusing fps with something else.

its how many frames are rendered per second on screen - gives smoother motion.

so if your thumbstick is set to max turn speed in a 30fps game, you're not going to be turning twice as fast in a 60fps games, you just have smoother motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

but apparently the gameplay reveal was PS4. If thats the case I am more than delighted with what the PS4 version looks like.

I think people forget what a gorgeous looking game destiny 1 actually is. Its just that they're getting the chance to properly exploit the artwork now that they dont have to design with ps3 / xbox 360 in mind.

That's talking about tickrate not fps i think, Destiny only had a 10hz tickrate as far as I know.

THat was only for ammo crates iirc.

Health/position and other stuff that directly effects gameplay were every frame or twice every frame.

EDIT: its every frame.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45459/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--11172016
    What is Destiny’s network tick rate?
    Combat damage is sampled at 30Hz (30 times per second). We track and network how your shots land in every frame of gameplay you can see. You receive updates on systems like scoring or ammo spawn timers from an Activity Host at 10Hz (10 times per second).

• Advertisement

10hz, really?

Yeah I know they are different to FPS but it would give you an idea if it can be supported server side - with a 10hz tick rate it definitely won't be... :)

BF1 has some 45hz servers so that's why I thought it may be possible at first, if it's 10hz you can forget about it

Advertisement