Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    4v4 might turn out to be a good idea but I think people really should hold off and wait until you play the game before knocking it. They may end up bringing back 6v6 or maybe even an 8v8 mode in the future :)

If anything I would have expected them to up the fireteam sizes for PvP, now I'd be worried that they are going to pack 6v6 into maps designed specifically for 4v4 combat. Absolutely crazy decision to have this disconnect between PvE and PvP but they obviously have their reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    If anything I would have expected them to up the fireteam sizes for PvP, now I'd be worried that they are going to pack 6v6 into maps designed specifically for 4v4 combat. Absolutely crazy decision to have this disconnect between PvE and PvP but they obviously have their reasons.

Good point. Read this and thought it would be like playing Battlefield on a COD map. 32v32 on nuketown would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Also having some users on 30fps and some on 60fps during raids is going to cause issues isnt it?

No.

Gears of war 4 horde mode is 30 FPS on Xbox and it also runs on PC at an unlocked frame rate.

For example I cross play using my PC at 100 FPS with other Xbox players who are playing at 30 FPS. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No.

Gears of war 4 horde mode is 30 FPS on Xbox and it also runs on PC at an unlocked frame rate.

For example I cross play using my PC at 100 FPS with other Xbox players who are playing at 30 FPS. No issues.

Is GoW 4 cross platform?

Must pick that up on PC when I can, loved the first 3, wasn't into the Judgements one though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is GoW 4 cross platform?

Must pick that up on PC when I can, loved the first 3, wasn't into the Judgements one though
    It is.

Everything except the PvP multiplayer for obvious reasons.

Campaign, co-op and horde mode are all cross platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »

I'd love to know what that reason is other than to cater for one cohort of players.

Can't for the life of me understand why they're doing away with 6v6 across the board in Crucible. Why they didn't leave it as is and run seasonal competitive 4v4 modes alongside it is a mystery to me.

Playing 8 man games on maps designed for 12 would be better than playing 12 man games on maps designed for 8 =/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd love to know what that reason is other than to cater for one cohort of players.

Can't for the life of me understand why they're doing away with 6v6 across the board in Crucible. Why they didn't leave it as is and run seasonal competitive 4v4 modes alongside it is a mystery to me.

Playing 8 man games on maps designed for 12 would be better than playing 12 man games on maps designed for 8 =/

Thats the thing tho, we dont know if the maps are designed for 8 or 12 yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It is.

Everything except the PvP multiplayer for obvious reasons. Is Gears not locked to 60fps on Windows 10?

Campaign, co-op and horde mode are all cross platform.

They're actually making the PvP crossplay soon too last I heard (might already have happened).
    Thats the thing tho, we dont know if the maps are designed for 8 or 12 yet.

When he announced the 4v4 change last night he said they wanted to be able to design the PvP from the ground up with a specific team size mind (or something along those lines), so they essentially said the maps will be designed for 4v4. From my understanding that was the main reasoning behind having the one team size across the board anyway.

Absolutely no reason they couldn't have a few bigger maps designed for a 6v6 playlist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Being an ex WoW player, I liked this.

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/865268791374077952

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Watched a youtube clip of PvP there. I like the addition of the team breakdown and super progression. The fact that they show your location should help make better call-outs ("there a hape of them beside the thing over there" may become a thing of the past).
    Also shows who picked up power ammo and where.

nevelator wrote: »
    Watched a youtube clip of PvP there. I like the addition of the team breakdown and super progression. The fact that they show your location should help make better call-outs ("there a hape of them beside the thing over there" may become a thing of the past).
    Also shows who picked up power ammo and where.

You mean, no more Generic asking "Which Inside?" :eek:

PC Gamer interview with David Shaw on the PC Version.
    Is it still peer-to-peer in terms of the multiplayer? Are there dedicated servers?

It is a complicated typology. We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Generic might have some more insight into it - may have got more specific details off MrWoodhouse

I'll ask him. I haven't really been on Reddit etc since we got to Dublin.

Didn't get to watch the reveal until like 10pm by the time I was back in my gaf and settled.
    As an aside - Generic, were you running the DetinyReddit twitter last night and replied to me?

Nope. Not me. 90% chance it was your man Fuzzle that we did those raids with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I think the pairing with Battle.net is a master stroke and a Win - Win - Win.

They get greater control of their games price point
    Active Battle.net players will already have some friends through the service ready to team up etc
    Since the game will require a Battle.net account and maintain a medium price point, less trolls should hopefully pop up.
    Finally Battle.net has a a lot of game types, RTS, Cards, Squad Based PvP etc but it doesn't have a dedicated "twitchy" FPS, so this plugs that gap so t o speak.
    Also you will have players get it for PC and perhaps get other Blizzard games then

It works for Bungie, works for Blizzard and works for Activision.

Only downside is you won't see the usual craic where the game is like €15 after 6 months on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think the pairing with Battle.net is a master stroke and a Win - Win - Win.

They get greater control of their games price point
    Active Battle.net players will already have some friends through the service ready to team up etc
    Since the game will require a Battle.net account and maintain a medium price point, less trolls should hopefully pop up.
    Finally Battle.net has a a lot of game types, RTS, Cards, Squad Based PvP etc but it doesn't have a dedicated "twitchy" FPS, so this plugs that gap so t o speak.
    Also you will have players get it for PC and perhaps get other Blizzard games then

It works for Bungie, works for Blizzard and works for Activision.

Only downside is you won't see the usual craic where the game is like €15 after 6 months on PC

Also stricter control over anti cheating policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Considering throwing my lot in for the Destiny 2 pre-order. Would I need to own a copy of the original or could I play it as a standalone game? I'd be willing to get the original if it were a pre-requisite

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Also stricter control over anti cheating policy.

Probably not. They seem to only be controlling log in and sales. Bungie running the servers and administration of any anti cheat system - no reason (yet) to think they'll be any better this time around.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Considering throwing my lot in for the Destiny 2 pre-order. Would I need to own a copy of the original or could I play it as a standalone game? I'd be willing to get the original if it were a pre-requisite

It's a completely new game so you don't need the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No private pvp match option at the launch of destiny 2. Very odd and disappointing.

Wonder if it will eventually come back as custom matches rather than private matches.

Huge blow to any form of competitive destiny - might not even be possible from the outset. I think this is a huge negative for destiny 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If true that's shambolic. I'm continually baffled by games being released without private games when 10 years ago every game had it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No private pvp match option at the launch of destiny 2. Very odd and disappointing.

Wonder if it will eventually come back as custom matches rather than private matches.

Huge blow to any form of competitive destiny - might not even be possible from the outset. I think this is a huge negative for destiny 2.

Strange alright because if they did consult PvP streamers you'd imagine this would be one of the main suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I hope that D2 is a little kinder to players who don't have time to grind. Don't know how it would be done but I definitely wont be able to put in half the time I did on D1 but would like to think I can still get good loot and not be expected to grind raids/strikes over and over for a slim chance of getting good gear.
    But still very much looking forward to it. D1 was definitely the most fun I've had playing games in years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Strange alright because if they did consult PvP streamers you'd imagine this would be one of the main suggestions.

Pretty sure some if not all of the online Halo's launched with no custom and private PvP at the start and they always came in via an update, seems strange though in this day and age....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Pretty sure some if not all of the online Halo's launched with no custom and private PvP at the start and they always came in via an update, seems strange though in this day and age....

Never played any of the Halo games so I don't know myself.

Though I've watched Red vs Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Finally pre ordered this today. GET HYPE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahhh the old gang back together again.....

#JUSTICE4WONDA3OY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Interesting it was mentioned aswell that the new area European dead zone, has an original chunk of the traveller on the ground from the time it was stopped leaving earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I remember playing customs in halo 2 back when it launched and they were definitely in 3 from the get go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As long as the new game has multiple jumping platforms in a raid then its worth €100 alone, the amount of craic I had with peeps on that section alone either drunk or even worse sober was mental!!!

Advertisement