Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Being that last person tho, super feckin annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Listening to fireteam chat with bungie at the reveal - the crucible maps have been designed for specific game types. Rather than the map being a general map a d then modes thrown on to it.

Also trials won't be available launch week but will be part of the initial game launch - my interpretation is with the first month. Makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Listening to fireteam chat with bungie at the reveal - the crucible maps have been designed for specific game types. Rather than the map being a general map a d then modes thrown on to it.

Also trials won't be available launch week but will be part of the initial game launch - my interpretation is with the first month. Makes sense to me.

So an increase in team size would require new maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That's still a cop out imo, call of duty runs about 12 different game modes on the same maps.

depends on how the maps have been designed. you could have maps that are bigger/slower in a 4vs4 format but work just fine (like anomoly, cauldron, for example) in a 6vs6 format.

Similar to First Light being a massive 6vs6 map in comparison to the smaller 6vs6 maps. A massive 4vs4 map could be just right for sixes.

You would imagine 8vs8 wouldn't be workable on any maps they have designed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Add 8v8 to Destiny 2 with First Light, Bastion and Skyshock and most people will think they're playing new maps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

More of a casual PvP player here,4v4 sounds less inviting for sure to me. But at the same time ill be giving it a chance. Dont think theres much point condeming yet.

Watched the reveal the other morning after work,enjoyed it. Some disappointing bits(new supers were a bit meh:()but some stuff i really liked the look of. Patrols getting more to do in them looks to sweet to me,lost sectors sound like they could be a highlight. Also events showing with timers on patrol,sleeper simulant quest could have done with that in destiny 1!!

EoinHef wrote: »
    More of a casual PvP player here,4v4 sounds less inviting for sure to me. But at the same time ill be giving it a chance. Dont think theres much point condeming yet.

Watched the reveal the other morning after work,enjoyed it. Some disappointing bits(new supers were a bit meh:()but some stuff i really liked the look of. Patrols getting more to do in them looks to sweet to me,lost sectors sound like they could be a highlight. Also events showing with timers on patrol,sleeper simulant quest could have done with that in destiny 1!!

Woah Woah Woah..... Back up the staking truck.

Captain Titan shield chucking, dawnblade raining fire blades of death.... MEH? MEH?

GET OOOOUUUUUUTTTTTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Shield thing was too like captain america for me so it seems a bit cheesey,the sword super is very similar to the boltcaster mechanic and the arc staff of whatever is just blade dance with a bigger blade.....

Ill call a taxi for myself...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Captain Titan shield chucking, dawnblade raining fire blades of death.... MEH? MEH?

EoinHef wrote:
    Shield thing was too like captain america for me so it seems a bit cheesey,the sword super is very similar to the boltcaster mechanic and the arc staff of whatever is just blade dance with a bigger blade.....

The Dawnblade won the new super award for me. It looks savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I enjoyed that interview, deffo seem to answer a lot of stuff. They mentioned aswell that the home-coming mission on show was an edited version of the real one. Kinda wondered that allright with all the clips of people playing using all sorts of exotic weapons, I'm guessing we'll wake up in that attack and just have a bunch of the destiny 2 blues to use.

I didnt come accross it anywhere, but in d2 will there still be only 3 light classes ? Does that mean the Titan shield will not replace ward of dawn etc etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    I enjoyed that interview, deffo seem to answer a lot of stuff. They mentioned aswell that the home-coming mission on show was an edited version of the real one. Kinda wondered that allright with all the clips of people playing using all sorts of exotic weapons, I'm guessing we'll wake up in that attack and just have a bunch of the destiny 2 blues to use.

I didnt come accross it anywhere, but in d2 will there still be only 3 light classes ? Does that mean the Titan shield will not replace ward of dawn etc etc ?

From what I understand, Titan America replaces Ward of Dawn. No more Bubble Bros. They've done the same as with Bladedancer, which is now the Poledancer Arcstrider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So will their 3 completely new supers per character or is there just one added to each?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So will their 3 completely new supers per character or is there just one added to each?

Think its just the one new super per class. Voidwalker, Gunslinger and Striker are all confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Zavala could be seen dropping a defender bubble and titan smash so I'm hoping that was not just in the lead-in to the first mission. Bungie could easily retain the existing supers with an additional one at launch and more to come with each dlc.

Think its just the one new super per class. Voidwalker, Gunslinger and Striker are all confirmed.

Yeah pretty much.

Altered Supers
    1. Gunslinger has been changed slightly: you now can get 6 GG shots off, but you need to be quick, as it drains fairly rapidly. Not ideal for PvP considering thats 4v4 now.
    2. Striker has also been changed slightly: Fist of Havoc is now Fists of Havoc, a roaming super.

New Supers
    1. Arcstrider - replaces Bladedancer
    2. Titan America - Replaces Bubble Bros
    3. Dawnstrider - Replaces Sunsinger

Unknown Supers
    Voidwalker - Assuming this will belong in the Altered list. Can't remember any real mention of it on the stream.

Hammer Bro / Stormcaller / Nightstalker: Assuming these will remain and work as before. These supers aren't derived from the traveller so with the Light being shielded, these supers should not be affected, theoretically.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Zavala could be seen dropping a defender bubble and titan smash so I'm hoping that was not just in the lead-in to the first mission. Bungie could easily retain the existing supers with an additional one at launch and more to come with each dlc.

He dropped that before Gary shielded the Traveller. Plus they mentioned on stream that Titan America would replace Bubble Bro (If i remember correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Voidwalker staying makes me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Voidwalker staying makes me happy :)

I assume that they will allow you to use it as a "roaming" super as well - I think all the other supers can now roam. Maybe some form of blink bash or multiple nova bomblets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    I assume that they will allow you to use it as a "roaming" super as well - I think all the other supers can now roam. Maybe some form of blink bash or multiple nova bomblets?

What, so you can whiff more than one per activation?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe the overall damage is reduced? They could be actively moving away from "panic" supers this time around I guess.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Maybe the overall damage is reduced? They could be actively moving away from "panic" supers this time around I guess.

The area of effect on the titan smash was far smaller than I would be used to - from what I have seen in a video - so I would guess they are easier to get away from and have to be aimed better.

All three supers we have seen so far are roaming supers - and I think Ikora was blasting off here nova bomb quick - so if we still have that class/power I would guess we could see similar there. Could be all supers become roaming ones.

What, so you can whiff more than one per activation?

Too right, I could nova bomb all of the door frames!

Mickeroo wrote: »

Looks like damage is reduced alright. In one video (May have been Datto) I saw over the weekend it took 2 GG shots to kill a striker titan in their super.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If everything is going to be a roaming super I really hope they have less health or that these elementary primaries do serious damage to them.

AdamD wrote: »
    If everything is going to be a roaming super I really hope they have less health or that these elementary primaries do serious damage to them.

The new Energy weapons will deal increased damage to a super based on the element. So basically, Zhalo would deal extra damage to Bladedancer

The new Energy weapons will deal increased damage to a super based on the element. So basically, Zhalo would deal extra damage to Bladedancer

Do you need to match elements - I thought I heard in the Destiny community podcast that any element will do the trick? I could have imagined it also!

Looks like they are going back to a halo style weapons where energy does more damage to shields and kinetic to health. Would explain why energy weapons are better against super guardians to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Going out on a limb here. But what if we have the old supers for the 1st story mission and Bungie were just showing off. Maybe we don't get the new supers until we figure out to reconnect with the Traveller.

nevelator wrote: »
    Do you need to match elements - I thought I heard in the Destiny community podcast that any element will do the trick? I could have imagined it also!

Looks like they are going back to a halo style weapons where energy does more damage to shields and kinetic to health. Would explain why energy weapons are better against super guardians to begin with.

Yeah elements will need to be matched, that's what I understood anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yeah elements will need to be matched, that's what I understood anyway.

I'm not sure about this. There is a perk on a new exotic with this property though.

From what I remember there was an exotic gun with this perk. It was an arc gun and if the opposing guardian had an arc subclass, you did increased (double?) damage.

Advertisement