Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

But aren't these second primaries guns that have gimpy range like the SMG? That ain't gonna help much against a roaming super which will kill you if you get close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm not sure about this. There is a perk on a new exotic with this property though.

From what I remember there was an exotic gun with this perk. It was an arc gun and if the opposing guardian had an arc subclass, you did increased (double?) damage.

That's correct yeah. I could have sworn they mentioned something along the lines of power weapons dealing increased damage, and maybe I just inferred the matched elements from that perk.

AdamD wrote: »
    But aren't these second primaries guns that have gimpy range like the SMG? That ain't gonna help much against a roaming super which will kill you if you get close.

SMG's are both Primary (Kinetic) and Secondary (Energy). Basically, if it's a primary (AR SR HC PR SMG) it can be both and your holding both. The old secondaries are now lumped in with the old heavies (no HMG confirmed) as power weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm not sure about this. There is a perk on a new exotic with this property though.

From what I remember there was an exotic gun with this perk. It was an arc gun and if the opposing guardian had an arc subclass, you did increased (double?) damage.

No - for that exotic gun if you were getting hit with arc damage the damage output of the gun increased (and ammo wasn't spent iirc).

For Supers, energy weapons deal more damage to the player when they are in their super animation, but there is no confirmation whether it is matched energy weapons or just any energy weapons - there was a discussion about it on DCP where they weren't sure which it was. I've read both from other content creators too. I would have thought matched but don't know for certain.

All current primaries and side arms, and SMGs can be kinetic (first slot) or energy (second slot). So you can run with a handcannon and a scout rifle, for example. Heavies, snipers, fusions and shotguns are all power weapons (third slot - basically any weapon that can one shot kill). Heavy ammo currently spawns in multiple locations and every minutes but pulling it only pulls it for you (not your team). The ammo you get is weapon dependent too - so you might get 6 sniper bullets but only 1 rocket, for example).

When heavy is pulled, the game announces who pulled it and where (maybe gun type too).

When a super is used, it tells you where it was activated and what it is too.

Currently a sniper doesn't one shot to the body (but could be down to the sniper rifle on show).

Also - this is all a build finalised a while back, apparently - so there could have been tweaks that weren't on show and plenty of time for balance changes to come in - such as currently needed three melees to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Adding SMGs was stupid.

They had a Hard enough time over the least 2.5+ years balancing all these different archetypes of weapons as it is currently without adding more.

Doesn't seem to have a purpose anyway that probably wasn't filled by Sidearms or Low Impact Auto Rifles, just feels lazy. Like "Oh Add Assault Rifles too!!! They can be like, halfway between Scouts and Pulses.... but also keep Scouts and Pulses... and keep like 3 archetypes of each"

Seems like something they could have easily "held back" until the 1st DLC to ensure the Vanilla launch isn't a Meta heavy mess of certain gun archtypes.

I've also always felt like 3 archetypes MAX for each weapon type was MORE than sufficient to provide the feeling of choice and customisation, so this SMG s**t rankles me the wrong way honestly.

Like who the f**k was ever like, of gotta use this Low-to-Low/Mid-MG for this.... Like seriously... there are 5 Heavy Machine gun types in D1 (not even including some excpetions).... who thought was a good idea?

3 of HC, SR, AR, PR and Sidearm gives us 15 archetypes of weapons to chose from right off the bat, what is wrong with that? Thats even before Perks and the likes are added.

Now, I'd love to be proven wrong, and this Submachine Gun finding it's place, but it just reeks of Lazy Copy Pasta Game design, probably could have been held back until the 1st DLC with no discernable impact to the games Vanilla launch and allowed time for the public to bed in and Metas to be established and balanced/patched as needed.

"But we need a NEW gun for the NEW Game!!!" - "Just throw some cr@p SMG at them and they'll be happy for it"

I'm salty about how lazy, obvious, and counter productive it is. Plus they sound like Sidearms with Full Auto Anyway. No reason they couldn't have made the Lowest Impact tier of AR to have Huge RPS, Big Clip and Range capped at "10 metres"... there, thats your SMG now

• Advertisement

SMG seems to have taken the Side Arm spot - on the reveal balance anyway. Heard SMGs have no range, and side arms feel useless now - so I guess that range is SMG territory now.

I think they could have swapped SMG for Side Arm, taking SA out - and done something with the fastest rate of fire hand cannon if they really wanted too.

The power weapons could open more opportunity for weapon types too if they needed to expand.

SMG seems to have taken the Side Arm spot - on the reveal balance anyway. Heard SMGs have no range, and side arms feel useless now - so I guess that range is SMG territory now.

Oh?

Is that right?

sony-and-microsoft-ddos-attack-consequences-begin-if-they-had-keyboards-they-did-this-gif-212420.gif?w=444&h=333

F**king proves my point doesn't it?

F**K!!!

https://twitter.com/MesaSean/status/866767966746050560

Speculative guess based on currency figures shown in reveal video that the beta release will be July 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm hoping they drop it on bungie day(7th July)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see a lot of people complaining about fps. This is going to turn into something I will absolutely have to have when if everyone would just have shut the hell up, I wouldn't have cared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I like that guy he gave a good explanation of stuff.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people complaining about fps. This is going to turn into something I will absolutely have to have when if everyone would just have shut the hell up, I wouldn't have cared.

The attacks in Darkest Dungeon are 2 frames and are spread over like 5 seconds :p

The attacks in Darkest Dungeon are 2 frames and are spread over like 5 seconds :p

Darkest this, dungeon that... ffs.:pac:

Darkest this, dungeon that... ffs.:pac:

SOME OF US LIKE OTHER GOOD GAMES! GO BACK TO ME:A! :P

GO POST IN THE DARKEST DUNGEONS FORUM!

Oh.... its not good enough to have one!:P

GO POST IN THE DARKEST DUNGEONS FORUM!

Oh.... its not good enough to have one!:P
    *Insert Ashton Kutcher burn meme here*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dulux99 wrote:
    There's been a few, Hatton v Mayweather and Hatton vs Pacman spring to mind - I also think I remember Lewis vs Tyson in 02 being on box office but can't say for definite. If sky get the rights it'll definitely be on box office no question.

Darkest this, dungeon that... ffs.

Great game tut tut...
    SOME OF US LIKE OTHER GOOD GAMES! GO BACK TO ME:A!

You leave Ryder alone he has enough problems without you shouting at him..

Rumours of akimbo weapons. I used to akimbo anything that was possible in COD.
    I was a real d**k in COD.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Could see that working ok for sidearms (if they're still around?) and maybe the SMGs.

• Advertisement

Rumours of akimbo weapons. I used to akimbo anything that was possible in COD.
    I was a real d**k in COD.

Yeah - seems likely.

Coming from a quote from one of the bungie guys that having the same weapon type in primary and secondary slots might lead to something special, or something like that.

Hand Cannons, SMGs, Side Arms could be used here, imo. But i'd prefer to see auto rifles, scout rifles and pulse rifles kept out of such systems.

TLW akimbo would be all over the crucible

TLW akimbo would be all over the crucible

Can't fan fire it if you have a second one in the other hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Akimbos were dreadful in CoD, really lower the skill gap.

One of my classes in MW2 had akimbo MP5s with rapid fire. Bullets everywhere

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

giphy.gif

Sure everyone is like that in destiny with 1 weapon so having akimbo weapons will be worse :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dual wield rocket launchers, just go full Salvador from Borderlands 2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Can't fan fire it if you have a second one in the other hand....

It'll be ok though, because space magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Imagine akimbo 4th Horseman. You're character would be coming out through the screen with the recoil.

Advertisement