Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just remember you'd build a pc capable of running destiny for only slightly more than a 1080ti on its own costs :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just remember you'd build a pc capable of running destiny for only slightly more than a 1080ti on its own costs :eek:

Pffftttt my beast will still handle destiny 2 handily enough and that hasnt been upgraded in about 5 years haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »

Very true. The current build I have was for roughly the same. Would love to know what the minimum specs are for the PC version. Defo want to try the beta see how it compares.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah even though I'll be sticking with Xbox I'll definitely be giving the beta a look on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Don't let Totz find out that's there a chance of a possibility that maybe you might play the beta on PC. He got very emotional in party with myself and Generic after D2 reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't let Totz find out that's there a chance of a possibility that maybe you might play the beta on PC. He got very emotional in party with myself and Generic after D2 reveal.

Did he? Man I must have been wasted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Poor totz just doesnt want to lose his buddies thats all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i just can't see anyone from the Playstation group upping sticks to the PC version. I can see some getting a second copy of destiny on PC, but I reckon that will simply be to give it a go rather than planning to PvP and PvE End Game it on PC.

The clan structure and having groups of people to play with will keep gamers on the consoles they have built those groups on, imo.

Emotional might be stretching it a bit. But I do know that it was us 3 at least.

He was talking about consoles losing players. You said that they'll either be new players or those who multi platform. So no major difference.

Am I the only one who remembers these conversations? It's the same in work..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Don't give a rat's ass about any of the cosmetic crap. Not getting the gun is a bit lame.

But unless D2 has significantly more endgame content than D1, denying a significant part of their player base a strike sucks balls.

edit: do ships actually do anything in D2?

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Don't give a rat's ass about any of the cosmetic crap. Not getting the gun is a bit lame.

But unless D2 has significantly more endgame content than D1, denying a significant part of their player base a strike sucks balls.

edit: do ships actually do anything in D2?

They do even less now that there's no ship loading screen between planets.

i just can't see anyone from the Playstation group upping sticks to the PC version. I can see some getting a second copy of destiny on PC, but I reckon that will simply be to give it a go rather than planning to PvP and PvE End Game it on PC.

The clan structure and having groups of people to play with will keep gamers on the consoles they have built those groups on, imo.

Indeed, the PS4 community (chat, not actual PSN Community) has become a big enough beast that opting out of it to try start something afresh with smaller numbers would be a bit cumbersome. Plus there's a whole argument of trust, time invested, profile of user etc.

I still remember phunting out those 2 young lads cause they kicked (I wanna say) Gimli out of a NF (probably wasn't Gimli) for "Dying too much" and it hit me like a tonne of bricks when I was like "We don't do that here, f**k off and don't come back" that this kind of behaviour can be seen as perfectly normal by other users across the playerbase.

Sure look at all the "Joining my friends Clan" hoppers that come crawling on back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I see that the arcstrider has been de-blinked and the talk is the void walker probably has no blink jump either.

For me personally, PlayStation will be my main (only) source of D2 entertainment. I've said it before, the community we have built on PlayStation is a BIG draw for staying on the platform. It's a community that has branched off into different games too. Moving to PC exclusively would mean losing that. No thanks. I'm too old for starting that $hit again.

nevelator wrote: »
    I see that the arcstrider has been de-blinked and the talk is the void walker probably has no blink jump either.

tumblr_n6mpba3slL1tczrsso1_500.gif

Indeed, the PS4 community (chat, not actual PSN Community) has become a big enough beast that opting out of it to try start something afresh with smaller numbers would be a bit cumbersome. Plus there's a whole argument of trust, time invested, profile of user etc.

I still remember phunting out those 2 young lads cause they kicked (I wanna say) Gimli out of a NF (probably wasn't Gimli) for "Dying too much" and it hit me like a tonne of bricks when I was like "We don't do that here, f**k off and don't come back" that this kind of behaviour can be seen as perfectly normal by other users across the playerbase.

Sure look at all the "Joining my friends Clan" hoppers that come crawling on back :P

I was actually think there are a load of people we need to boot from the clans - but that is a discussion for another day. I count near 250 people in PS clans, but only about 120 of them are actually active, or were active for the most part of Destiny - I'm not leaving out people (I think) who have simply dropped away during the final and ongoing content draught. I did a spreadsheet....

Probably better having two active clans, of some split than the mix of three clans we have now.

Also.... I want in to Clan 1.:pac:

There's no benefit to kicking anyone from any clan (really).

What do we gain? We end up with 2 clans instead of 3? We won't shrink to <100 users in 3 months (so 1 clan is out).

It's a short term non-solution which will create a bigger problem in 3 months imho.

We're only end up having to argue Gatekeeping semantics constantly "oh he hasn't played in 9 months but he was REALLY active when he was active" yadda, yadda, yadda.
    It's enough hassle having that to deal with every time we "refresh" (see: Remove Brad) the Chat nevermind having to have that conversation about Clan membership AND having to try and then align those 2 conversations for parity.

I still remember going in and checking every Clan members profile on Bungie.net in Clan 1 when it hit >95 Members in 2014/2015 and having to do "cuts" based on their last active session. Absolute zero craic. I had a lot more time on my hands then though :o

I'm happy to argue semantics with you (and the other Admins) over PS Chat if you want.
    But ultimately your desire to be in Clan 1 again will not outweigh creating an ongoing headache for us in September onwards :P

He's just worried about the Clan based progression / rewards / achievements.

Not sure if they've said anything on it yet, but we don't know for certain that they're keeping the Clan limits to 100. Its likely they haven't / won't change it at all, but who knows. It may be possible to merge 2 of them.

For all we know clans could hold 500 players in destiny 2 so no point talking about that until we know for sure.

Ah now who on earth would treat gimli like that....... :mad:

At the reveal it was very much indicated the the clan sizes won't change at all.

• Advertisement

At the reveal it was very much indicated the the clan sizes won't change at all.

indicated but not confirmed :P

Pre-Order PS4 Beta July 18th at 6pm (Cork time)
    Pre-Order X-Box Beta July 19th at 6pm (Cork time)
    Non-Pre-Order PS4 & Xbox Beta July 21st at 6pm (Cork time)
    Ends July 23rd at 6pm (Cork time)
    PC Beta in August sometime

I kinda don't want to play the beta. I don't want any of the campaign spoiled. Would be happy our if I was restricted to the reveal/E3 build.

Around 7:15pm Carlow download time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

May have to chase Amazon up, still haven't received my beta key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Being lazy and don't want to read back.
    Will the clans actually carry over or are they going to have to be copied?

Conar wrote: »
    Being lazy and don't want to read back.
    Will the clans actually carry over or are they going to have to be copied?

They will carry over. No official confirmation if the size will stay the same or increase. I'd be happy if they simply considered affiliated clans as one clan.

this isn't much of a modderated panel with Bungie/Big Show, but it sure is fun. Big Show is a clear Destiny fan.

this isn't much of a modderated panel with Bungie/Big Show, but it sure is fun. Big Show is a clear Destiny fan.
    Yeah he's a huge fan (no pun intended). Brings his console and Destiny with him everywhere. Considering those lads are on the road roughly 300 days of the year, they need some form of escapism too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    For all we know clans could hold 500 players in destiny 2 so no point talking about that until we know for sure.

Ah now who on earth would treat gimli like that....... :mad:

I don't remember this happening, doesn't mean it didn't, in fact it makes it more likely that it did.

Advertisement