Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

They will carry over. No official confirmation if the size will stay the same or increase. I'd be happy if they simply considered affiliated clans as one clan.

Nice one.

I decided to leave Destiny alone to finish some backlog before Destiny 2.
    Have purchased a 2nd Ps4 for my son and will be pre-ordering a digital copy.
    Bit of father son bonding Destiny stylee

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Conar wrote: »
    Nice one.

I decided to leave Destiny alone to finish some backlog before Destiny 2.
    Have purchased a 2nd Ps4 for my son and will be pre-ordering a digital copy.
    Bit of father son bonding Destiny stylee

I'ts not time to shard it yet
    Just relax, take it slowly
    You're still young that's your fault
    There's so much you have to know
    Find a Gjallarhorn, break it down
    If you want you can infuse
    Look at me I'm just 380 but I'm happy

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy
    To be calm when you've found raiding going on
    But take your time, try lfg
    Why, think of all the loot you've got
    For you will still be here Tuesday
    But challenge mode may not

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

**** Dumb question of the day! **** Does the beta simply download for me when the time comes to play it, or do I have to go and collect and redeem some beta access code? I preordered from the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    **** Dumb question of the day! **** Does the beta simply download for me when the time comes to play it, or do I have to go and collect and redeem some beta access code? I preordered from the store.

If you preordered on the store then the beta will be available to download when it appears in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was just thinking there - in D2, Gaul takes away our light - to reintroduce us to the fear of death. We will get our light and respawn ability back fairly sharpish but when we beat him in the story/raid it will mostly be down to us having our light and being able to reanimate after death - proving that Gaul is right; we are nothing without our light. Because of that, they should make the flawless raider achievement a massive deal (assuming Gaul is part of the first raid) and award us something in game for it - maybe a specific (but not OP) exotic weapon or piece of armour - as a tribute to us beating gaul without dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You need to take a break and play some other games man :pac:

You need to take a break and play some other games man :pac:

I tried - but my comfort zone is hard to get out of.

Really need to get to finishing Mass Effect.

Tried playing CoD:IW and just couldn't get in to it - just the campaign mode, can't get used to dying so much (cause I suck!)

Have a few other games to play but just zoning out and playing some PvP in the hour or so I have before bed most nights now just sits right.

Was going to get Darkest Dungeons but it looks sh1t.#fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Follow the white rabbit.

Really need to get to finishing Mass Effect.

So you didn't finish ME:A? :eek:

You can hand your Fan Club Bade in at the door

I seen your white text. You prick! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Those who didn't complete TLOU don't get to criticise, anyone, ever!

• Advertisement

I think I am near the end of the main story - its all the traveling to different planets to do some 30 second cut scene to finish off a side quest is putting me off completing it. I can't see myself doing a fresh playthrough so I want to get as much of the game done as possible (I played the original trilogy through 5 time I think) as I just don't like the open world for repetition. I preferred the linear story beats with choices rather than what Andromeda (and Dragon Age Inquisition) brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd like to see Destiny become more dynamic.

Not just the same enemies appearing at the exact same places and time constantly. Also vary the paths to the objective. The odd time throw a spanner in the works sending Guardians down a treacherous path where might be ambushed.

Payday 2 is a great example of this. It helps repetitive missions not feel as repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Right, I have made my mind up. Will be pre-ordering Destiny 2 at lunch time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Right, I have made my mind up. Will be pre-ordering Destiny 2 at lunch time.

Sorry but if you didn't pre-order when it first came out then your out of the clan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Sorry but if you didn't pre-order when it first came out then your out of the clan :P

We can let him set it up as clan 4 though

We can let him set it up as clan 4 though

No no he can go to his russian compatriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    No no he can go to his russian compatriots.

ok so: Клан 4

The latest in worrying destiny 2 talk....

1. Luke Smith reckons The Stranger's story arc was nicely wrapped up in Destiny 1 - doesn't understand why people still talk about her, and ask about her.

They explained absolutely nothing about her, cause they didn't have the time apparently, but he things her giving you a gun was all the closure we needed. With Grimoire disappearing, and a shift to in game story telling, comments like that worry me. If they think that story is done... what kind of story are we in for in D2?

2. Destiny 2 will have no "Rumble" and, at launch, while it will have Competitive and Social play lists there isn't (apparently) a ranking component to that - though they did say they will speak more on the differences between them at a later date. Along with lowering the player count in PVP and not giving us private matches either - I really have to wonder what the hell they are playing at with PvP. A load of odd, and/or poor, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I imagine a lot of it is to do with EA pushing for a release and the time constraints. Presumably if you left Bungie to their own devices we'd get an awesome game, with a shed load of content and a legible story by around 2026.
    Launch day titles often leave a lot to be desired. 4 in PvP is the most worrying thing for me at this point but time will tell.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I imagine a lot of it is to do with EA pushing for a release and the time constraints. Presumably if you left Bungie to their own devices we'd get an awesome game, with a shed load of content and a legible story by around 2026.
    Launch day titles often leave a lot to be desired. 4 in PvP is the most worrying thing for me at this point but time will tell.

Activision, not EA - and they have already been given an extra year to get this game ready so I just can't take evil overlord time constraints as a reasonable excuse.

• Advertisement

Sometimes my brain just associates "bad things" with EA too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »

Pretty sure you could ship Rumble with minus effort. Genuinely requires no additional elements, just set a score and add all of the maps to rotation. Wouldn't be surprised if they're holding it back to later add it to the game as 'new content'.

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure you could ship Rumble with minus effort. Genuinely requires no additional elements, just set a score and add all of the maps to rotation. Wouldn't be surprised if they're holding it back to later add it to the game as 'new content'.

GET OUT OF HERE PHIL SPENCER!!!

No private matches? Was that confirmed? Seems a really odd move and doesn't add up after all the shouts for it from the community.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »

I guess it's technically better than having stuff in the game at launch, making it obsolete then adding it back in again.

I guess they are afraid people will find some way to abuse private matches (drops? quests? bounties?) and they want to keep everyone on an "even keel" in terms of activites you can load into.

dudeeile wrote: »
    No private matches? Was that confirmed? Seems a really odd move and doesn't add up after all the shouts for it from the community.

Yep - confirmed it won't be in the game at launch but it is "part of the roadmap".

Hoping when they do bring them they don't just give us the D1 private matchmaking. If they are holding off they can't give us the same stuff again - they need to give us proper custom matches rather than private - then I would see it as a fair trade off.

I can only think they want PvP to take place on their terms, in their modes, at the start of the game so that they can get a proper picture of how everything is working.

Yeah this time around I'd like full options to limit loadouts and gear, that would be awesome.

I can only think they want PvP to take place on their terms, in their modes, at the start of the game so that they can get a proper picture of how everything is working.

All of this

Sure wasn't TripleWreck working up there for a few months to try ensure PvP didn't have a broken Meta at launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The latest in worrying destiny 2 talk....

1. Luke Smith reckons The Stranger's story arc was nicely wrapped up in Destiny 1 - doesn't understand why people still talk about her, and ask about her.

They explained absolutely nothing about her, cause they didn't have the time apparently, but he things her giving you a gun was all the closure we needed. With Grimoire disappearing, and a shift to in game story telling, comments like that worry me. If they think that story is done... what kind of story are we in for in D2

I read that PC Gamer interview last night with luke smith,definitely some worrying comments when it comes to the destiny 1 story.

Makes me wonder for other story arcs,his comments came accross as dismissive of the story questions. As if whats happened up till now doesnt really matter.

Advertisement