Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pending review on release I am not sure what version to go with. Console or PC.

Although the PC version hands down is the best performing version of the game but I am concerned that game is so popular on console that the PC playerbase might actually be much smaller in comparison and possibly die off quickly.

Are many people here picking it up on PC?

You'll probably find most here will be sticking with console, with some, like myself and jonny, picking up the beta on PC to try it out.

If I did pick it up for the PC too, console would remain the main version.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's gonna be a Looooooooooooong 3 months at this rate

I think Bungie need to look at their messaging, imo.

Look at the comp/social pvp thing. As soon as they said there was a comp playlist people understandably assumed it was a ranked playlist. then they said no ranked play. then they said they just aren't talking about the differences yet.

The simple thing would to have simply not mentioned social and comp playlists until they were ready to actually explain themselves.

The Stranger thing could be Luke just trolling us. It could be a tacit admission they didn't know where to go with it - but to say they feel that arc was closed off nicely is just insane. How could anyone with any story telling background think the stranger has no lose ends to tie off - her entire interaction is full of them!

Angron wrote: »
    Only D1 character I really care about is Cayde, and even then some of that is because I love Nathan Fillion as an actor.

+1, but also Zavala, because Lance Reddick. He has a great voice, and he was Agent Broyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Petra Venj, eh just yeah more of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Lance Reddick will always be a Cedric to me:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Petra Venj, eh just yeah more of her.

hmmmmmmmmm Petra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Variks is the best character

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Variks is the best character

He's not a titan so your point is invalid.

Variks is the best character, yes?

Fixed.

Mara Sov, eh just yeah more of her.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmmm Mara :D

Fixed you's too

• Advertisement

Fixed you's too

Go away out of that, petra is Bae <3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fixed.

I only got this several minutes after reading it and started laughing. It wouldn't have been so bad only someone was talking to me at the time.

Go away out of that, petra is Bae <3

Petra is now RUINED. :D:D:D

420032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

^^^ do you have a stockpile of over 800 my little pony pics?

Petra is now RUINED. :D:D:D

Man you need to lay off the cookie dough...... and any more images like that and i'll ban you :(

I heard its over 800,000 pony pics ;)

I heard its over 800,000 pony pics ;)

And just in case there are any Eris Morn fans, I give you...

420033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

+1, but also Zavala, because Lance Reddick. He has a great voice, and he was Agent Broyles.

fringe is the best tv show I seen in years..... I miss it everyday...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jcd5971 wrote:
    fringe is the best tv show I seen in years..... I miss it everyday...

I say the same now that I've erased the last 2 seasons completely from my brain.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    fringe is the best tv show I seen in years..... I miss it everyday...:(
    PetKing wrote: »
    I say the same now that I've erased the last 2 seasons completely from my brain.

Am i to believe they actually finished up Fringe?

• Advertisement

Am i to believe they actually finished up Fringe?

They did, though I think it was a bit rushed at the end. Networks being networks.

They did, though I think it was a bit rushed at the end. Networks being networks.

Dammit, i'll have to finish out what I haven't watched of it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

PetKing wrote:

I loved the last season, did you really not like it?.

If I won the euromillions big style, I would 100% pay everyone involved their fee to make a new series of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

jcd5971 wrote: »

I taught the last season was actually pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jcd5971 wrote:

wes wrote:
    I taught the last season was actually pretty good too.

Someone said rushed back there? That amongst other things. Totally lost its way, didn't even feel like Fringe anymore. Story felt mashed together, was very forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

izombie
    two big thumbs grinning at camera

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

My kid (eldest, not iceninja) said when Leonard Nimoy died..."Poor Belly". I have been a bad parent, not inducting her in to the Star Trek fold.
    I loved the alternative universe arc (Fauxlivia etc), but as for the alternate future arc with the Observers...meh.

iZombie - great stuff, has potential to be this generation's Buffy.

Back on topic (well, closer to it at any rate) - as far as I'm concerned, anything with Cayde (Nathan Fillion) in it is awesome, and if anyone says different, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end them.

izombie is alright but its no z-nation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Todays edition of "worrying Destiny comments".

http://mashable.com/2017/06/29/destiny-2-loot-grind/#IIg1E8VEhgqQ
    "There aren't random rolls on weapons anymore. Better Devils is a Crucible hand cannon [in Destiny 2], and what it has on it is what it has on it. Period," Luke Smith, the sequel's director, said.
    "How can my second, third, and tenth Better Devils hand cannon be interesting? That's a question we should be asking and answering as quickly as we can," Smith said.

"We have ideas. While I would like nothing more than to share those ideas with you, we're up against [a deadline]. I don't know if they'll make it for our Sept. 6 [release] date. But we have some ideas that we're pretty excited about."

First of all.... I'm not happy with set rolls for every weapon. I did kinda like the raid weapons in Wrath being set - as they had unique perk sets as part of that - but it also meant that once you had got the gun it devalued the need to do the raid again. I feel they should have looked at the general perk design and way they roll. If there is only one roll per weapon, the loot drops are then less interesting, imo.

The big worry is the second quote - and it is something we are hearing too often (has been mentioned with regards to how they will reward for 'competitive' PVP too) - they have ideas but don't know if they will get them in for September 6th. What the feck are they doing that issues that should be key design pillars and goals are not yet finalised - never mind implemented!

You are designing a looter-shooter game and you have decided how loot will actually be interesting? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I fear these exciting ideas will be similar to their vault space ideas... which they simply lied about then ignored. "After RoI you won't be worried about Vault space... we'll explain later". Later: "We are making no changes to Vault Space, see you in Destiny 2"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Be Grand...

Advertisement