Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rushing to meet the Activision Deadline? It's been in development for years it is kinda worrying they are still having "ideas" about this kind of stuff.

Generic how come you're so calm this morning?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

He got a good sleep? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Be Grand...

It could be - it could be weapon mods will have a significant impact on weapon use and design - so while perks are static, we can modify the gun to our own play style based on mod drops.

So we can have a hand cannon set up one way with mods, and the second drop of the same cannon can be modded to a different play style or use case.

Again - I feel this is yet another communication issue from Bungie. Telling us something has gone away, or telling us something has changed - on the face of it for the worse - and not explaining themselves at all. In this case they can't explain themselves cause they seemingly haven't even asked the question yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    He got a good sleep? :P

Could be it. I have been up since 3.30 am playing Borderlands the Prequel and drinking coffee. Maybe it's just that I'm too jittery.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Rushing to meet the Activision Deadline? It's been in development for years it is kinda worrying they are still having "ideas" about this kind of stuff.

They were given an extra year to develop this game - design goals such as how loot works in a looter shooter should have been decided upon a long time ago. To still be kicking around ideas about a month before the title will probably go gold.... it just screams that Bungie's development problems from D1 haven't been learned from and resolved. They appear to be hacking things together at the last moment, again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd love competitive PvP where you don't use your own character. Everyone gets access to the same loadout of weapons and perks to choose from. Then you could have casual PvP with all weapons and less PvE/PvP balancing issues. Best of all worlds IMO

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deleted a few off topic posts. This thread is for discussing destiny 2 and not other poster's gaming habits. If you don't agree with the sentiment of a post the fine whatever either counter it or don't post at all, but don't try and undermine someone's post by bringing up their gaming habits. In short attack the post not the poster. People are free to post their thoughts/speculation on the game here be they positive or negative.

Keep stuff like that to PM in future if you feel you have to say it but really this thread is not the place for it. Thanks.

#community

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What Luke Smith says has a habit of being blown out of proportion. "Throwing Money at the Screen"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

What Luke Smith says has a habit of being blown out of proportion. "Throwing Money at the Screen"

They should just have a PR person follow him around all the time :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I have zero problems with a number of weapons having fixed perks. As I am pure class regardless of the roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well it removes the grind for a roll,but devalues the drops themselves.

Arguing for either would be equally valid really imo.

IGN with a lot of info this month.

DD2JH5EVYAA8mr_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Does anyone know if destiny 2 release is 12 am Tuesday here or 12 Pacific time. Booked off the 8 th for the original release date. Thinking of moving days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

riggerman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if destiny 2 release is 12 am Tuesday here or 12 Pacific time. Booked off the 8 th for the original release date. Thinking of moving days

12am GMT, servers are live from 2pm on the 5th(midnight in Australia)

So we can start playing it at Midnight? Jaysus....

I don't thinl Bungie have confirmed anything on the release timing (other than date). They were still talking about *if* they would do rolling releases based on time/location last I heard.

SPOILERS, contains footage from Destiny 2 obviously :P

Tyra lives but no Master Rahool, hmmm.

I hope when we go to orbit our ship appears and we get that teleport animation.

Soccer pitch is a nice little touch.

I'm going to call my chicken Henry.

Video number 2, obviously contains footage which may be spoilers

• Advertisement

ooooohhhhhh - for some activities (I'm gonna guess end game PVP) your loadout will be locked once the activity starts. a biggie. very interesting.

I knew my Darkest Dungeon training would pay off \o/

I really like that idea to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ooooohhhhhh - for some activities (I'm gonna guess end game PVP) your loadout will be locked once the activity starts. a biggie. very interesting.

God I hope not, if it's PvP and they are trying to push it more towards competitive then how do they expect that to go down. If something is not working then knowing when to change and what to change to would be a big part of higher skill games, locking that out and forcing you to stick with a choice would not be good.

Having watched it again, I don't think it'll be a PvP thing.

I would bet money that the Lock Out sthick is gonna be 99% PvE. Maybe the odd PvP gamemode just for Lolz, but not a core mode

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46024/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07062017
    What you should expect:

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

Nice little touch no.2: Incoming public event appearing on the directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I knew all my football practice in the Tower would pay off, never mind your FIFA's and Pro Evos, Destiny 2 football is where it's at...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe some kind of version of rocket league with sparrows....Bungie pls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

That would be interesting/frustrating to say the least.

Advertisement