Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm looking forward to getting myself a chicken friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Angron wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to getting myself a chicken friend.

Wonder how long it will be before we see some people manage to get them to fall to their death(assuming there's any kind of cliff at the farm)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

More IGN Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lots of changes to control.
    A&C pre-capped
    Points are captured at same rate irrespective of number of people capturing
    Immediately capture points. No more "losing C"?
    One point kills worth one point, 2 Points captured 2 points per kill etc.
    Last one is the only one I like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Points are captured at same rate irrespective of number of people capturing

Well that's just silly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They're dreadful changes other than the last

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't understand having zones pre-capped. They say it is so you have a decision to make - go for B or wrap around for the other spawn. But that is basically the decision you had already. They could have left it as is given the fact multiple people on a point doesn't make a difference - so now it really is only needed to leave one person to cap the initial point.

I also think not neutralising the point is a bad move - but that could simply be because i simply haven;t played or experienced it yet. It means more rapid points switches - so it will speed up the game in general (good thing) but I think not having a neutral point swings it too much each time.

I would guess the change to one speed caping is down to the lower team number - if you put three people on the spot that makes you very vulnerable to a team wipe - they want players to be somewhat spread out and not in a 5m clump I guess. Ie. you can take up defensive positions around a cap point rather than sitting vulnerably on it. Obviously though the counter to this arguement would be it is tactical choice a team would make - quick capture or slower/safer capture.

Scoring should be fairer now - and is far more objective based. You aren't getting extra points for headshots, super kills, ability kills, first place kills etc - score is now far more based on holding the objectives - and capping a point is the same score as a kill. (not up to 4 and a half times a kill).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't understand having zones pre-capped. They say it is so you have a decision to make - go for B or wrap around for the other spawn. But that is basically the decision you had already. They could have left it as is given the fact multiple people on a point doesn't make a difference - so now it really is only needed to leave one person to cap the initial point.

I also think not neutralising the point is a bad move - but that could simply be because i simply haven;t played or experienced it yet. It means more rapid points switches - so it will speed up the game in general (good thing) but I think not having a neutral point swings it too much each time.

I would guess the change to one speed caping is down to the lower team number - if you put three people on the spot that makes you very vulnerable to a team wipe - they want players to be somewhat spread out and not in a 5m clump I guess. Ie. you can take up defensive positions around a cap point rather than sitting vulnerably on it. Obviously though the counter to this arguement would be it is tactical choice a team would make - quick capture or slower/safer capture.

Scoring should be fairer now - and is far more objective based. You aren't getting extra points for headshots, super kills, ability kills, first place kills etc - score is now far more based on holding the objectives - and capping a point is the same score as a kill. (not up to 4 and a half times a kill).
    Pre capped is silly as you say. I'm not sure why they want to reinvent the wheel here, every FPS has had that initial decision of how many to commit to A and how many to B.

No more neutral caps is just ludicrous, every game has moved towards neutral capping as its simply better than all or nothing plays.

No time reduced on multicapping is a poor move too IMO. Reduces the tactical options further. Putting 3 guys on a point is a risk reward strategy.

The more I read about PvP on this the less likely I am to buy it. The new CoD looks quality too..

The no mid-cap neutral zone and muliplayer speed capping are things that could be quickly changed if the feedback is negative - though Bungies reactions speed (or willingness to change) is questionable. Will certainly be interesting to see what the feedback on it from the Beta is, and if it results in any changes at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm just concerned over some of the design choices. Restricting load out options, fixed gun load outs , restricted pvp game modes 4v4, changes to standard game modes like control etc None of this makes sense to me. I appreciate they may want to freshen things up but some of the changes are just odd and are restricting choice. If 3v3 was the only PvP option in Destiny I would have played very little PvP.
    The sceptic in me thinks a lot of this stuff will be added back in in some form of paid DLC.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm just concerned over some of the design choices. Restricting load out options, fixed gun load outs , restricted pvp game modes 4v4, changes to standard game modes like control etc None of this makes sense to me. I appreciate they may want to freshen things up but some of the changes are just odd and are restricting choice. If 3v3 was the only PvP option in Destiny I would have played very little PvP.
    The sceptic in me thinks a lot of this stuff will be added back in in some form of paid DLC.

I agree on the DLC - I think we will see 6vs6 later down the line.

Fixed Load Outs is only for some specific parts of the game, and I think that could prove to be very interesting.

4vs4 I am a little put off by, but the longer TTK could offset my issues with it.

Locked perks on guns is what I am most worried about - as they don't seem to have thought of how to make loot generally interesting in their looter-shooter. This close to release and it is something they are still thinking about? That seems a poor place to be in. Could well be the number of guns and the weapon mod system (which we know nothing about) make everything on that score fine, but currently it is a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did anyone order Destiny 2 from Amazon and get a BETA code yet? I'm still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Did anyone order Destiny 2 from Amazon and get a BETA code yet? I'm still waiting on mine.

Nope, ended up preordering it from Game to get a code then cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

AdamD wrote:
    Pre capped is silly as you say. I'm not sure why they want to reinvent the wheel here, every FPS has had that initial decision of how many to commit to A and how many to B.

I nearly always set off for B in control. I don't think I've ever set off to capture their control point from the off, as they would be bunched on it. Seems like B is the party point for encounters from the start. And with less time spent capping, seems like there's more time spent killing. Seems less about the objective than ever.

PetKing wrote: »
    I nearly always set off for B in control. I don't think I've ever set off to capture their control point from the off, as they would be bunched on it. Seems like B is the party point for encounters from the start. And with less time spent capping, seems like there's more time spent killing. Seems less about the objective than ever.

I think it's going to be far harder to out kill a team with more zones, so capping the objective is important imo.

Destiny 2 beta preload starts tomorrow at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think it's going to be far harder to out kill a team with more zones, so capping the objective is important imo.

Destiny 2 beta preload starts tomorrow at 6pm.

I've tried 4 times now to buy the pre order. All other times it just takes my money from PayPal and that's that but this time I'm getting some sort of error. Now I'm also worried I might get billed 4 times!

Picture attached

PS ... The silent guardian will reign supreme or at least try to be of some use this time. Lol

PPS.. The link to my transaction history showing what it's coming up as.

I've tried 4 times now to buy the pre order. All other times it just takes my money from PayPal and that's that but this time I'm getting some sort of error. Now I'm also worried I might get billed 4 times!

Picture attached

PS ... The silent guardian will reign supreme or at least try to be of some use this time. Lol

Would t let me add another link when I was trying to edit

Would t let me add another link when I was trying to edit

Maybe try buying psn credit instead of direct purchase. Or try adding cash to the psn wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Picture attached

I had the same thing happen, the tx doesn't go through - so you won't be charged. Couldn't use PayPal or credit card. Resorted to buying psn credit from GameStop like a peasant.

Maybe try buying psn credit instead of direct purchase. Or try adding cash to the psn wallet.

Gonna have to get psn credit. Just off the phone to PayPal, the bank and Sony.

No issue with PayPal or the bank so Sony problem and they can't fix it, useless shower.

Sorry lads very last question on this, what's the quickest place to buy credit voucher yolks?

I was thinking cdkeys.

Edit... Tried cdkeys (used them before for Xbox never any issue)
    Bought two €50 codes (£50) to be exact UK codes..... Fuuuuuck don't tell me that's why they don't work!!!!!!! Argh..... I'm an idiot, hopefully they refund me.

This is all a ****ing nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I still haven't gotten my Beta key from Amazon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sorry lads very last question on this, what's the quickest place to buy credit voucher yolks?

I was thinking cdkeys.

Edit... Tried cdkeys (used them before for Xbox never any issue)
    Bought two €50 codes (£50) to be exact UK codes..... Fuuuuuck don't tell me that's why they don't work!!!!!!! Argh..... I'm an idiot, hopefully they refund me.

This is all a ****ing nightmare.

Only places that sell Irish psn codes are www.press-start.com and www.buygamecredit.com

You could set up a UK psn account and use the credit to buy Destiny 2, it will be usable on your Irish account if you set your console as the primary for the UK account.

Only places that sell Irish psn codes are www.press-start.com and www.buygamecredit.com

You could set up a UK psn account and use the credit to buy Destiny 2, it will be usable on your Irish account if you set your console as the primary for the UK account.

Cheers sniper, I'll try that once I get my money back from cdkeys.

Ended up using https://cardscodes.com and it worked out fine, new codes, for Ireland this time. Game preordered.

Couldn't use press-start.com as they were sold out and buygamecredit.com only seemed to do uk codes.

Sorted now though thankfully.

Roll on September, and the beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thinking of Preordering this on the Canadian PSN store as it works out cheaper. I can get the game + Expansion Pass for $119.99 which works out at €82. Already have $24 on account with $15 being from the spend $100 get $15 offer so would cost around €69 for credit from PcGameSupply.

Same version on Irish store is €100. Going on the content that was released from the Expansion packs for the first game ( Played game at launch but stopped before Expansion Pack content was released) is it worth the money to buy the Expansion Packs now.

Same version on Irish store is €100. Going on the content that was released from the Expansion packs for the first game ( Played game at launch but stopped before Expansion Pack content was released) is it worth the money to buy the Expansion Packs now.

No one knows, to be honest.

I don't think Dark Below or House of Wolves (original expansions) were not worth the money, but I felt Taken King and Rise of Iron were.

I would guess the expansions this time around will be closer to Rise of Iron and Taken King than House of Wolves or Dark Below - they have a couple of other dev houses involved in making them, and Activision/Bungie have been bullish on content this time around being more consistently (and frequently) delivered, and of a higher quality. But there are just words til we see the proof.

I've order the season pass version because I know I will play D2 and the expansions regardless. If you fell off the original game early, maybe it would be best for you to hold off and see if you like D2 in the first place, and if the expansion content appeals to you after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I bought the full foam latte version on the Irish store. Even if I end up not playing it much, the youngfella will. I never knew you could buy from other country stores (do you need a VPN or a billing address in that country?).

Advertisement