Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All appears on track for E3 announcement sometime around June 13th - 15th.

Barring in mind there are 4 weeks of rotating Age of Triumphs Raid Challenges, that covers us until ~24th April (end of 4th week).

So people can wrap up Destiny 1 in it's entirety, 100% everything - or just "complete" it (75%?) and then ONLY have 6 weeks of "Downtime/No New content" until BAM! E3 hype in Mid-June

Beta in July/August.

Release in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

All appears on track for E3 announcement sometime around June 13th - 15th.

Barring in mind there are 4 weeks of rotating Age of Triumphs Raid Challenges, that covers us until ~24th April (end of 4th week).

So people can wrap up Destiny 1 in it's entirety, 100% everything - or just "complete" it (75%?) and then ONLY have 6 weeks of "Downtime/No New content" until BAM! E3 hype in Mid-June

Beta in July/August.

Release in September!

the 6 weeks of Mayhem nightfall ends towards the end of August. I reckon its end date will be the Beta start date

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

jonnycivic wrote: »
    September is only 6 months away in fairness plus by the looks of the poster there will be a playable beta again so that will be approx a month before so August..... nah get the hype train started now goddamit :D

How does someone go about applying to get access to the Beta?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pre-order the game I think :)

nothing has been officially announced yet.

It will either be a code given via pre-order or a sign up on your console, depending whether it is an open or closed beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played the Beta for Destiny and regretted it. I simply could.not.wait for the game to release. Got all three characters to level 8. Best Beta Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I played the Beta for Destiny and regretted it. I simply could.not.wait for the game to release. Got all three characters to level 8. Best Beta Ever

I played it and didn't like it. :o Just couldn't get into it.

2 weeks after release, in Smyths, saw it, bought it, haven't looked back. :D

i played it on the xbox, enjoyed it well enough but wans't bowled over by it.

At the time i was generally buying a game a month and that month I don't know why I picked Destiny - glad I did though.

How much money have we all saved by this one game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How much money have we all saved by this one game?

Yeah I've said this before. On the flip side the few games I actually did buy during my Destiny "phase" remain largely uncompleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

72cqYXI.jpg

From an Italian GameStop apparently

A release date of Sept 8 for Destiny 2 as shown on the poster can't be right. Sept 8th is a Friday, Destiny 2 would be a worldwide release on a Tuesday. Cant see them holding back the EU release for 4 days on this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A release date of Sept 8 for Destiny 2 as shown on the poster can't be right. Sept 8th is a Friday, Destiny 2 would be a worldwide release on a Tuesday. Cant see them holding back the EU release for 4 days on this.

Confirmed as real already, take a look at the Destiny 2 thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's been confirmed real by senior Kotaku writer Jason Schrier. He says it's to be officially announced today

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/844914007916134400

There's no reason other than how things were done in D1, for there to be a friday release for D2

Activision have released new CoD titles on fridays for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Heres a better look at the poster.

C7nEQUCX0AA51Xv.jpg

jonnycivic wrote: »
    What does it say?

"Ah **** - I misread a text. Important correction: Destiny 2 might not be announced *today*. Will be soon, though. (Yes, poster is real.)"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Makes sense that it wouldn't be today if stores have only received posters yesterday evening or this morning. Considering the release date is gonna fall on a friday then it probably makes more sense to announce it on a friday too. 24 weeks between tomorrow and the 8th September. Nice and round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Leak may cause them to go ahead and release something sooner, even if it just confirmation that a trailer is coming soon.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Blurry image showing 8 min gameplay trailer at Sony session at E3

C7m3FOIU8AEtV25.jpg

Think that image has already been debunked. Apparantly it's some NeoGaf users wishlist for E3.

It may very well happen, but I think it's been debunked based on the COD title.

With all the flak Bungie has (rightly) coped for their inability to balance the game, do we actually want it to come out on PC?

Look at the apparent problems Blizzard has had balancing Overwatch on console and PC, with difference balances on both and the lack of speed at which they are deployed to console. Can you imagine Bungie not doing balance worse than Blizzard on these balance issues? I think we could see horrid gameplay balance problems if Bungie is trying to cater for two wildly different environments.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

With all the flak Bungie has (rightly) coped for their inability to balance the game, do we actually want it to come out on PC?

Look at the apparent problems Blizzard has had balancing Overwatch on console and PC, with difference balances on both and the lack of speed at which they are deployed to console. Can you imagine Bungie not doing balance worse than Blizzard on these balance issues? I think we could see horrid gameplay balance problems if Bungie is trying to cater for two wildly different environments.

Don't think it will really be an issue, most of the big shooters have been traditionally on all the major platforms so it's not like it's something new. Neither of the Titanfall games suffered because of it that I'm aware of and they would be closer to how Destiny plays than Overwatch.

I think it's a good thing that Overwatch patches things differently on PC for what it's worth, shows they're more willing to cater for all players rather than try treat everything like it's the same.

Plus they are two vastly different games. Blizzard are patching Hero's, not weapons. I would be concerned if Bungie started split patching a guardians Super or Grenade, but the vast majority of the patches are weapon based and general sandbox.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Plus they are two vastly different games. Blizzard are patching Hero's, not weapons. I would be concerned if Bungie started split patching a guardians Super or Grenade, but the vast majority of the patches are weapon based and general sandbox.

Exactly, if a handcannon is OP on console it will be OP on PC too in a game like Destiny. There's a lot more mechanics at play in Overwatch.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Exactly, if a handcannon is OP on console it will be OP on PC too in a game like Destiny. There's a lot more mechanics at play in Overwatch.

Do you not think the pin point accuracy and speed of a mouse in comparison to a controller stick could mean snipers, for example, could be far deadlier on PC? I could see KB&M promoting different weapon usage, and Bungie place a lot of their nerfs on weapons that are used loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PC balancing will be different to console.

For example: Pulse Rifles will be worse off on PC compared to say a hand cannon, as you can miss bullets in a burst despite having great accuracy, whereas a hand cannon you'll be getting full damage every time and its easier to be accurate on PC. Classes based on movement will be less useful I guess as I think (could be wrong on this one) its more difficult to take advantage of movement with a K+M.

• Advertisement

There'll be a bit of a difference but the large amount of auto aim/aim assist on console makes up for the lack of KB/M a lot of the time I think. Destiny feels very fluid and the guns all feel super accurate.

Even if does end up being balanced much differently I don't see how it would affect the console versions negatively anyway (assuming it actually does come to PC).

Advertisement