Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Paid a visit to Hong Kong there over the weekend and downloaded the Beta, not sure it will work when all ye lot are in but it's worth a go...

Just hadn't the cash for it this month, it's ready to go, hopefully works from Tuesday evening like the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote: »
    Paid a visit to Hong Kong there over the weekend and downloaded the Beta, not sure it will work when all ye lot are in but it's worth a go...

Just hadn't the cash for it this month, it's ready to go, hopefully works from Tuesday evening like the rest...

Can't afford destiny bit can afford a trip to Hong Kong? I for one see holes in your story.

Happy BETA week peeps!

I presume it is a 6pm start tomorrow, or around then. Presume we will have to wait for Bungie to flip the switch rather than it simply being good to go from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Happy BETA week peeps!

I presume it is a 6pm start tomorrow, or around then. Presume we will have to wait for Bungie to flip the switch rather than it simply being good to go from midnight.

Your right 6 pm tomorrow for PS4:

Destiny 2 beta date, start times, gameplay changes and everything else we know so far

Eurogamer has all the details for the other times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Breakdown by day
    Destiny 2 PS4 Beta early access start time - July 18th, 10am PST / 6pm BST - for those who pre-order
    Destiny 2 Xbox One Beta start time - July 19th, 10am PST / 6pm BST - for those who pre-order
    Destiny 2 Open Beta start time for all players on consoles - July 21st, 10am PST / 6pm BST
    Destiny 2 Beta end time for all players on consoles - July 23rd, 9pm PST / 5am BST - for consoles

• Advertisement

Strange we don't get to see the farm before the date in the article, thought we would have access to it all through the beta...

Hopefully this one I've downloaded will give access tomorrow at 6...

Anyone out there stuck for a code just set up a Hong Kong account with the English language option enabled...

Thinking of Pre ordering there actually, the game with season pass works out at 78 quid, decent price...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Strange we don't get to see the farm before the date in the article, thought we would have access to it all through the beta...

Hopefully this one I've downloaded will give access tomorrow at 6...

Anyone out there stuck for a code just set up a Hong Kong account with the English language option enabled...

Thinking of Pre ordering there actually, the game with season pass works out at 78 quid, decent price...

They don't want us to get bored of the game during the beta so will drip feed us a few bits for it.

Ah feck that hong kong malarky. Game.co.uk don't take payment until 7 days before it ships :P

Is Luke Smith just a dirty filthy liar?

https://dm.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6nsylb/d2_weapon_intrinsic_perks_mods_and_shaders/
    Bottom left of the inspect weapon page, below the perk tree, were a line of 3 boxes.
    Box 1: 'mod' box with a load of empty slots
    Box 2: 'elemental' box if it was an energy weapon
    Box 3: 'shader' box with a load of empty slots
    These weren't exotic weapons, all legendary, so it seems we will have multiple mods and shaders available for legendary guns.
    The weapons also had an 'intrinsic' perk associated with it. So one Better Devils hand cannon could have an intrinsic perk for better all round use, another Better Devils hand cannon could have an intrinsic perk that boosts range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Maybe little under a half year away, but Destiny Jesus Baubles? Sold

Xy6vgdB.jpg

A few nice looking jackets and tops too. I'd have wanted so much of that merch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So how's the hype train goin?

I played a few strikes last night for the first time in ages.
    Felt like saying hello to an old friend.

I think I'm still in Clan 1. It says it in my signature thing when I'm in orbit.

I think I'm out of the chat stuff though. I could be wrong but I think I left rooms as I had stopped playing before you guys.

Can i get an invite back in or how's all that working this time round?

Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

preordered this on xbox from the irish microsoft store. anyone have any idea how they are sending out the beta keys? seen nothing yet

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mossym wrote: »
    preordered this on xbox from the irish microsoft store. anyone have any idea how they are sending out the beta keys? seen nothing yet

I think you should just be able to download the beta from the store.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think you should just be able to download the beta from the store.

cheers, i was presuming it was going to be a key, just clicked get on the beta and it seems to be working...

Destiny 2 reset day will still be Tuesday, according to the latest Bungie podcast. It is currently reset day in the test home build of the game, and they 'confirmed' it would remain Tuesday for D2. Maybe they were just having a laugh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Starting to get ludicrously giddy for this. The period 23/07/2017 to 06/09/2017 is going to be awful however.

Stupid update required for the beta - saw it posted on twitter yesterday but on my console it was saying it was up to date as of 12am yesterday. Just know I am going to get home at 6 tonight and it going to say a 2gb download is needed and will take 7 hours to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Stupid update required for the beta - saw it posted on twitter yesterday but on my console it was saying it was up to date as of 12am yesterday. Just know I am going to get home at 6 tonight and it going to say a 2gb download is needed and will take 7 hours to do.

You can force an update by using the check update option.

wes wrote: »
    You can force an update by using the check update option.

Thats what I was doing yesterday, it said it was the most up to date version. But it isn't, because I have had no notification on the console that an update was either downloaded or installed.

Don't have my phone hooked to the PS4PRO either, so I cant check remotely. Will have to wait til I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Guys, Top-Tip - make sure your PS4 has the latest system update installed. It can prevent you downloading the beta (and updating some other apps).

The Hype-Train has arrived! Bought D2 from the PS store last night, just to play the Beta :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Installed the latest PS4 update this morning. Downloaded a few days ago. Thought they automatically installed? Nonetheless I believe I'm all set. Anytime I log into Destiny 2 Beta a message pops up that it's been installed. Has happened a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I checked this morning before work and it said there was no update on PS4. I'll check the Xbox at lunchtime.

No update for me either, it's running at 15.06gb, must have included the update when I downloaded on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No update for me either, it's running at 15.06gb, must have included the update when I downloaded on Saturday

Yeah, updated version 1.02 was released on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I got a notification yesterday that version 1.02 was installed when I turned on my PS4, check your notifications.

Yeah was included in the one I downloaded alright....

I downloaded BETA on Thursday and have no recollection of an update notification - nothing showing in the notifcations on shown to me on the playstation site.

Sigh, its going to cause me some annoyance tonight i guess. ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I downloaded BETA on Thursday and have no recollection of an update notification - nothing showing in the notifcations on shown to me on the playstation site.

Sigh, its going to cause me some annoyance tonight i guess. ugh.

It is possible to check the version that's installed by hitting options on the game in the dashboard.

dudeeile wrote: »
    It is possible to check the version that's installed by hitting options on the game in the dashboard.

I won't be home til 6pm anyway so I can't check anything that would involve being on the actual console until then.

I know I have the console in rest mode, with autodownload enabled but that sh1t never seems to work for me.

Ho hum, if I can get it sorted and playing by 8 it'll be fine. Be an easier "going to play computer games, see you tomorrow" conversation with the wife!

• Advertisement

I won't be home til 6pm anyway so I can't check anything that would involve being on the actual console until then.

I know I have the console in rest mode, with autodownload enabled but that sh1t never seems to work for me.

Ho hum, if I can get it sorted and playing by 8 it'll be fine. Be an easier "going to play computer games, see you tomorrow" conversation with the wife!

No one at home that you can tell to turn on PS4, sign in as me, hit options, check for update?

Advertisement