Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote: »
    No one at home that you can tell to turn on PS4, sign in as me, hit options, check for update?

Nope.

*senses the thieves of Dublin might be reading*

My team of attack dogs only know how to kill people not on the safe list - they care not for the operation of a playstation 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

7 hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope.

My team of attack dogs only know how to kill people not on the safe list - they care not for the operation of a playstation 4.

Of corse i'm reading :pac:

I will be decked out at 6 ready to play the Beta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

A Mesa Sean video on the weapon mods, for visual purposes.

Nope.

Here's a shot of one in action, such ferocious.

November-27-2012-18-09-19-ip.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Pity I'm not going to be able to play until Friday morning :( but you better believe I'm going to play the crap out of it over the weekend.

Will be interesting to see what surprises the BETA has for us. In the latest Bungie podcast they said there are some things in the BETA they haven't spoken about yet. Maybe they are refering to the Weapon Mods/Perks thing, maybe other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll be playing as a Titan. In the first Beta you could get all three characters to level 8, which I did. Think I started as a Warlock.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'll be playing as a Titan. In the first Beta you could get all three characters to level 8, which I did. Think I started as a Warlock.

#TitanMasterRace #TitanAmerica

I don't believe we will have any form of progression this time around. There will be no engrams dropping, so no weapon progression, and I'd say we'll have three toons at lvl 20 with the the top quadrant of the subclasses unlocked. It'll basically what all the utoobers got to play at E3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

Titan master race :D

• Advertisement

With the look of the Titan, it is going to be interesting to see if we can do the first raid with six sentinal titans....

With no nightstalking hunter (maybe they do come back) and no self res warlock or stormcaller - I actually wonder what utility the sentinel won't cover in a raid that another class would be needed for.

Healing/damage rift from the solar warlock?
    Orb generation from the solar hunter?
    Maybe the warlock nova bomb has massive ad clearing potential.

Will be intesesting to find the utility of the other classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is there any way of getting the beta without pre ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Generic posted a couple of pages back that it's an open Beta from 21st.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/07/17/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-destiny-2-beta/#74be2ba30cd4

seems it is open from the 21st

AdamD wrote: »

Set up a hong kong account - beta is open without pre-order over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Order from game.co.uk wait for beta code, cancel order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I did the game.co.uk thing sniper listed but it took about 24hrs for the code to be sent by email so I'd suggest doing the Hong Kong trick.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I did the game.co.uk thing sniper listed but it took about 24hrs for the code to be sent by email so I'd suggest doing the Hong Kong trick.

Mine only took an hour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Mine only took an hour :P

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Amazon are messing me around with my pre-order code. I ordered the game back in April and got onto the support yesterday to ask for the code. They sent me one but according to the Bungie site it has been redeemed by another account holder.

Waiting to hear back from Amazon about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Amazon are messing me around with my pre-order code. I ordered the game back in April and got onto the support yesterday to ask for the code. They sent me one but according to the Bungie site it has been redeemed by another account holder.

Either set up a Hong Kong account, or jump on Amazon UK live chat, or request a call from them, very helpful if you talk to the right person

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't email, use their chat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

To be a cynic

1 mission (of which we have seen - probably - the majority of in the reveal/E3 cover)
    1 strike
    1 crucible map (with 2 variants Control and New Mode)
    No progression and drops/rewards unlikely.

People are gonna be done with this within an hour, and I imagine they'll be feeling pretty underwhelmed content wise.
    I mean, I'm going into it knowing i'll probably do the content 3x times with various friends etc, and will probably have 10 games of PvP, but I ain't gonna be no-lifing this for evening upon evening.

To be a cynic

1 mission (of which we have seen - probably - the majority of in the reveal/E3 cover)
    1 strike

People are gonna be done with this within an hour, and I imagine they'll be feeling pretty underwhelmed content wise.
    I mean, I'm going into it knowing i'll probably do the content 3x times with various friends etc, and will probably have 10 games of PvP, but I ain't gonna be no-lifing this for evening upon evening.

2 crucible maps I think, and a load of armor sets are available, and a number of weapons. so drops, post game at least (cause we can't decrypt engrams) will be a thing.

But in general I agree with your point, I don't expect I'll be playing the same two PVP maps over and over hour after hour.

Same as yourself, I expect I will play the mission, the strikes a few times (try the different classes in PvE) and do a number of PVP game on each class.

I'll save my no life binge for when the game actually comes out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have they said this is way smaller than the first game's beta?

I guess they don't want people giving out it was a quarter of the entire game again or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

To be a cynic

1 strike

Less content than the first Alpha and Beta, and not being able to go to the social space is odd, I don't remember not being able to go to the Tower in the Alpha or Beta, but that's not a huge issue...

There definitely won't be loads to do, but there will be a bit of craic had - I'm dying just to finally play it to be honest - to me it looks like it's kind of slower gameplay wise...

Halo Reach kind of slowed the action down from Halo 3 and it wasn't one of Bungie's best decisions, but with the type of shooter Destiny is and having supers and the like, it may lend itself to it...

I hope so anyway... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Less content than the first Alpha and Beta, and not being able to go to the social space is odd, I don't remember not being able to go to the Tower in the Alpha or Beta, but that's not a huge issue...

There definitely won't be loads to do, but there will be a bit of craic had - I'm dying just to finally play it to be honest - to me it looks like it's kind of slower gameplay wise...

Halo Reach kind of slowed the action down from Halo 3 and it wasn't one of Bungie's best decisions, but with the type of shooter Destiny is and having supers and the like, it may lend itself to it...

I hope so anyway... :)
    I'm glad there is so little in it - looking back the amount they gave in Destiny 1 beta was just stupid. amounted to about a quarter of the content on launch.

I'll look forward to exploring the patrol zones fresh in D2, rather than having seen most of the EDZ and all the NPCs etc that go along with that.

We'll get to see how the game plays, how the classes work and how PVP has changed. That is *enough* imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I seem to remember playing the PvP for the entire weekend in the first beta once I had the story missions and strike done. There was also a mini Iron Banner at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is the guardian I create for the Beta the one that carries into main D2? Or can I make some hideous throwaway creations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

PetKing wrote: »
    Is the guardian I create for the Beta the one that carries into main D2? Or can I make some hideous throwaway creations?

Nope, there's no carry over to the release day version

Advertisement