Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    Is the guardian I create for the Beta the one that carries into main D2? Or can I make some hideous throwaway creations?

Didn't carry over in the first game, be very very surprised if it did this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,319 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be a cynic

1 mission (of which we have seen - probably - the majority of in the reveal/E3 cover)
    1 strike
    1 crucible map (with 2 variants Control and New Mode)
    No progression and drops/rewards unlikely.

People are gonna be done with this within an hour, and I imagine they'll be feeling pretty underwhelmed content wise.
    I mean, I'm going into it knowing i'll probably do the content 3x times with various friends etc, and will probably have 10 games of PvP, but I ain't gonna be no-lifing this for evening upon evening.

How does that compare to Destiny? I think we had Patrol in that as well but a few more story missions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Is the guardian I create for the Beta the one that carries into main D2? Or can I make some hideous throwaway creations?
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't carry over in the first game, be very very surprised if it did this time around.

Your D1 character's will be what you have for D2. IIRC, they said the physical choices we made when creating our Guardians in D1 will be the only thing that transfer's over between Titles. Now, that's not to say we won't be able to create brand new fugly's, but I think we'll have the option to stick or flip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NO progression at all is carried from Beta to full game. You will get an 'I played the beta emblem', tied to your account, but no weapons, exp or character model carries.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How does that compare to Destiny? I think we had Patrol in that as well but a few more story missions?

Had all the earth missions, at least one of the moon ones, all of the earth map, maybe the moon one too (can't remember). Sepiks strike. I didn't play PVP so can't comment on what was there. I know the alpha had Rusted Lands and First Light, at least.

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Your D1 character's will be what you have for D2. IIRC, they said the physical choices we made when creating our Guardians in D1 will be the only thing that transfer's over between Titles. Now, that's not to say we won't be able to create brand new fugly's, but I think we'll have the option to stick or flip.

I took it they were asking if progression in the beta carried into the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The forums are going to be crazy later with people complaining or wondering why the can't access the farm and such -_-

I took it they were asking if progression in the beta carried into the full game.

You are correct, but thought it was worth noting that there is some form of carry over, if anyone was unaware.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

wexdevil wrote: »
    The forums are going to be crazy later with people complaining or wondering why the can't access the farm and such -_-

Wait! What, you can't kill Gary in the Beta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Sepiks strike from the first beta was only up to the spider-tank as far as I remember. Still took three of us 1/2 an hour to kill it.

Had all the earth missions, at least one of the moon ones, all of the earth map, maybe the moon one too (can't remember). Sepiks strike. I didn't play PVP so can't comment on what was there. I know the alpha had Rusted Lands and First Light, at least.

Moon patrol and mission were just there for Sunday evening before the beta finished.

i clearly remember the venus PvP map being in the beta. its name escapes me now though. A is in a cave, B is out on a ledge, C is just outside a cave surrounded by foliage.

The big moon map, First Light I think, was also there iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Sepiks strike from the first beta was only up to the spider-tank as far as I remember. Still took three of us 1/2 an hour to kill it.

Full strike, but by God that spider tank was a bullet sponge on level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To be fair betas are pretty much the finished game these days gameplay wise at least.

Playing the waiting game with Amazon for a beta code, since the PS store did not want my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Playing the waiting game with Amazon for a beta code, since the PS store did not want my money.

Swing by Hong Kong, be grand....

Bit smoggy though I must say... :P

Ah it seems like a little too much effort for me. I will get into the beta at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Have they said this is way smaller than the first game's beta?

I guess they don't want people giving out it was a quarter of the entire game again or something :D

Yes. 100%. They know they revealed too much in the D1 beta, and people were like "oh wow, this is massive", turns out it was 1/4 of the full game as you said
    emmetkenny wrote: »

The Devils Layer Strike
    The Tower (including bounties)
    Patrol in Old Russia
    Mini-Iron Banner

3x Missions:
    Restoration, Old Russia
    The Dark Within, Old Russia
    The Last Array, Old Russia

4x PvP maps
    Blind Watch
    Rusted Lands on Earth
    Shores of Time
    Light is set on the Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Will we be able to customise the look of our Guardians in D2, if we carry them over from 1?.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Will we be able to customise the look of our Guardians in D2, if we carry them over from 1?.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yes. 100%. They know they revealed too much in the D1 beta, and people were like "oh wow, this is massive", turns out it was 1/4 of the full game as you said

The Devils Layer Strike
    The Tower (including bounties)
    Patrol in Old Russia
    Mini-Iron Banner

3x Missions:
    Restoration, Old Russia
    The Dark Within, Old Russia
    The Last Array, Old Russia

4x PvP maps
    Blind Watch
    Rusted Lands on Earth
    Shores of Time
    Light is set on the Moon

The Dark Beyond mission was open for an hour as a stress test giving access to most of the Moon map with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Elite Dangerous has totally consumed my gaming for the last 3/4 weeks,needed a break from destiny anyway so probably a good thing.

I didnt look at any of the beta content except homecoming mission so looking forward to seeing the strike and other bits tonight unseen.

I'm thinking I might avoid the PvE stuff, and just go straight into the PvP.

I'm thinking I might avoid the PvE stuff, and just go straight into the PvP.

You might have to unlock it first like in the first game.

You might have to unlock it first like in the first game.

If so, I'll be playing PvE. :o

Anyone know if the beta is Pro Enabled from the get go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone know if the beta is Pro Enabled from the get go?

Yep comes with 100% better aim assist.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep comes with 100% better aim assist.

And a legendary weapon for your mantelpiece...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wonder how long log-in queues are gonna be

• Advertisement

Wonder how long log-in queues are gonna be

My dinner will be ready at bang on 6, hopefully by the time I get on after the initial rush will have calmed down...

Advertisement