Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

A handy chat with Amazon got me my code.
    Got the download going, but no chance to play til later tonight.
    Enjoy the queue you guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Connecting....
    Signing in....

And I'm in!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Realkraftyy is playing it on twitch.

Now where's my halkmoon?

edit... And at a loading screen now with D2 Beta on it.

Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Getting the code from Game.co.uk and cancelling worked - Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Around how big is the download guys?

12 gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Very impressive so far. Visually much better than the original and a good variety in enemies I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

12 gigs

Thanks. Yea I might give it a try

Is there stat tracking on the beta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AdamD wrote: »
    Is there stat tracking on the beta?

Doubt there's any functioning API atm

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PvE was good. Thought the strike and strike boss was on the long side. Last part of the boss fight ended up being one of the three of us just trying to stay alive long enough for the other two to revive. Took a while.

PvP I am unsure of. Think that may be partially down to the guns, not sure they suit me. Hopefully that's the case.

Don't like 4vs4 being constant, doesn't seem as much fun.

The horrid cool downs on grenades and especially supers are very disappointing, a good few games I didn't get the super til near the end, a few I didn't get it at all. If you are getting stomped you won't be getting your moment to shine with your super, which was a stated design goal in destiny 1.

I really think supers, at least, need a faster cool down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Getting the code from Game.co.uk and cancelling worked - Cheers

Ordered from here as still no sign of code from amazon even after contacting support last night but haven't got code yet and can't see option to cancel order. How long did it take to get email with code

A few complaints already:
    • TTK is way too long
    • Supers take way too long to get - will this change at higher ranks?
    • For a power weapon snipers don't feel particularly strong, in fact they're weaker than they were in D1.
    • Efficiency? Show me KD and stop trying to make everyone feel better
    • You can't see who's in your lobby
    • The bomb detonation time in that SnD mode is far far too long. Absolutely no rush involved at all to take out the team who have planted.
    • The control map is way too clustered for the TTK - its extremely easy to just disengage and survive.

PvE felt pretty fun though
    Ordered from here as still no sign of code from amazon even after contacting support last night but haven't got code yet and can't see option to cancel order. How long did it take to get email with code
    Less than a minute I got an email

Less than a minute I got an email

Ugh looks like I'm not getting code tonight. Hopefully I at least get one of the codes tomorrow

Wandered off a little in the strike and found three lads on pikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

A few complaints already:
    • TTK is way too long
    • Supers take way too long to get - will this change at higher ranks?
    • For a power weapon snipers don't feel particularly strong, in fact they're weaker than they were in D1.
    • Efficiency? Show me KD and stop trying to make everyone feel better
    • You can't see who's in your lobby
    • The bomb detonation time in that SnD mode is far far too long. Absolutely no rush involved at all to take out the team who have planted.
    • The control map is way too clustered for the TTK - its extremely easy to just disengage and survive.
    Agree with most of this. Good luck getting a super if you join a game in progress. I thought the efficiency was k/d, does it include assists now?

Did the campaign with the 3 classes. Sentinel and arcstrider supers are fun, I found the dawnblade super a bit underwhelming and short compared to the other 2 (although the rifts and glide shooting are great). The arcstrider build seems to be geared to melees, so I played it like a striker titan! The hunter's class ability ain't helping the team in PvP. (which I guess fits with a hunter).
    I still can't snipe in PvP, but found fusion rifles to be good.

Oh yeah, the changes to the sound/effects are great.

Finally got code from Amazon, was on with support for twenty minutes. Hopefully I can cancel the game uk order in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Striker Titan super is a nice change I thought.
    Thought you'd be able to fling the shield more than once on the Sentinel though.
    Barriers are fairly handy.

Dawnblade was very underwhelming, in the reveal they mangled a yellow bar with it, I barely tickled him.
    Never tried Voidwalker, must give that a go tomorrow

Arcstrider was a nice upgrade to Arcblade.
    6 shot GG was also alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    Oh yeah, the changes to the sound/effects are great.

+1 to sound effects, blink sounds great. Music feels more like generic bland action than sweeping orchestral pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not a good start to D2, I'll be tuning into a few PC streamers tomorrow to get their take as the PS4 and Xbox streamers have careers to think of. I played all 3 characters and a good few PvP games and honestly I'm not pushed to go back, the stuff AdamD put up pretty much nails it.

Not having the option to play PvP in 6's is gonna be a big problem for me, I won't be pre-ordering now but if the PvE side of things are good then I'll be in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    I won't be pre-ordering now

You'll still be there with the rest of us come the 1st week of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I taught Dawnblade was pretty good, but too short. I think they will need to tweak that going forward. Anytime I popped I would melt a group of enemies pretty easy.

Played the first level with all the new classes. The jumps seem to be tweaked a little bit, especially the warlock who I am most familiar with.

Also, like that each class got different starting weapon load outs.

Played a little crucible, and I was rubbish, but that is not a big change from D1.

Also, like the strike a lot, and the boss battle was pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couldn't log in at all. Initially getting cattle errors which indicates a NAT issue but couldn't see one. Then it flipped to stinkbug which you should never see outside of maintenance.
    Wasn't too pushed about the beta but I'd still like to be sure I'll to connect once the game launches. No issue with any other games and there were no such problems being reported for the Pro, although I did see a lot of performance ie. crashes complaints.
    0/10 from me

Positives for me

-looks brilliant
    -same good gun play
    -new weapon classes are nice addition
    -strike was very good
    -titan jump improved
    -new subclasses

Negatives

-super takes way to long to charge
    -4v4 doesn't seem right
    -only one person can pick purple ammo
    -seemed very little customisation of subclasses

Overall it was solid last night and my hope is the as your character progresses your super and ability cool downs lower. Maybe armour can add a bit more subclass customisation as well.

I don't think I'll be playing PvP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Publically I'm reserving judgement on the PvP. Privately, I've already made my mind up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not a good start to D2, I'll be tuning into a few PC streamers tomorrow to get their take as the PS4 and Xbox streamers have careers to think of. I played all 3 characters and a good few PvP games and honestly I'm not pushed to go back, the stuff AdamD put up pretty much nails it.

I thought the PC beta wasn't out until August?

Hope feedback from the beta sees a slightly quicker TTK in launch game, with improvements to the guns - and ability generation needs to be a bit quicker too.

What I would say is that I feel the game looks to be in a position where everything being complained about needs a buff, rather than a nerf, which I think is a better starting point.

Ability generation needs to be quicker.
    Guns need to be a bit better (TTK a bit quicker).

I think fundamentally it is still a very good game, and some tweaks can make it a great game.

The big thing - I’m really not sure on the 4vs4 PVPing though, leaning mostly towards “I don’t like it”. It is sweatier Imo, and while I would be fine with that for the competitive game modes - I think 6vs6 should have still been a thing. Just finished a raid? Want to do some PvP? OK - two people please bugger off elsewhere…

Some things I just can’t be sure on though. I find the control map very small, but that could just be one of the smaller maps in the game. I found the hand cannons and scouts hard to hit with, could be an issue with the guns rather than a ‘Destiny 2 thing’.

I do hope Bungie take some feedback from BETA and buff some aspects for the launch version - some of my issues (beyond 4vs4) are elements that can be improved with tweaks rather than needing massive (impossible?) design changes.

• Advertisement

What I would say is that I feel the game looks to be in a position where everything being complained about needs a buff, rather than a nerf, which I think is a better starting point.

Ability generation needs to be quicker.
    Guns need to be a bit better (TTK a bit quicker).

I think fundamentally it is still a very good game, and some tweaks can make it a great game.

The big thing - I’m really not sure on the 4vs4 PVPing though, leaning mostly towards “I don’t like it”. It is sweatier Imo, and while I would be fine with that for the competitive game modes - I think 6vs6 should have still been a thing. Just finished a raid? Want to do some PvP? OK - two people please bugger off elsewhere…

Some things I just can’t be sure on though. I find the control map very small, but that could just be one of the smaller maps in the game. I found the hand cannons and scouts hard to hit with, could be an issue with the guns rather than a ‘Destiny 2 thing’.

I do hope Bungie take some feedback from BETA and buff some aspects for the launch version - some of my issues (beyond 4vs4) are elements that can be improved with tweaks rather than needing massive (impossible?) design changes.

The new shield/heal ability are a nice touch. I really like the Titan one where it reloads your weapon for you!!

Advertisement