Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I pretty much solely planned PvP on D1 launch and actually hit level 15 or 20 before touching PvE and IMO it was in a funner place than what this looks like thus far. Its not horrible but I just wasn't mad about it. D2 is looking more polished for sure and I'm definitely judging it more harshly as I have a better understanding of the game than I would have on D1 launch but I think that's actually fair as it should be an improvement not only on D1 launch but on D1 right now. Mostly subjective of course

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And all the player has to do is NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR Zavala when the ship fires it rockets. :rolleyes:
    but it is absolutely hilarious when you see someone get CRUSHED by the CaBALLs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    I pretty much solely planned PvP on D1 launch and actually hit level 15 or 20 before touching PvE

You would have been definitely the exception in that regard.

I wouldn't be surprised if MORE people are looking towards the PvP experience now because of their experience with D1.
    I'd be one of them. PvP became my "Go-to" in D1 and I'd never really been a Competitive multiplayer player (aside from a brief stint playing casual BLOPS 2).
    Destiny was the 1st game I got mic'd up, grouped up, learned the maps, learned the META, learned the strats.

Absolutely WRECKING f**kers with Suros Regime, drunk as a skunk, was extremely fun while it lasted though.
    You could always tell the poor lvl6-15 lads who had just gotten a Bounty trigger and were "required" to step into PvP under duress. :pac:
    and IMO it was in a funner place than what this looks like thus far. Its not horrible but I just wasn't mad about it. D2 is looking more polished for sure and I'm definitely judging it more harshly as I have a better understanding of the game than I would have on D1 launch but I think that's actually fair as it should be an improvement not only on D1 launch but on D1 right now. Mostly subjective of course

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

But there are still a few days left to re-visit it (fresh eyes? different weapons? tapered expectations?) and then there are still weeks for Bungie to make any tweaks they decide to based on player feedback from the Beta, and that has definitely been their MO for the past 2 years

TWAB also stated the below for anyone who missed it:
    Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

but it is absolutely hilarious when you see someone get CRUSHED by the CaBALLs.

Never encountered that spectacle of misfortune. I did jump off the tower, nostalgias :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well before Destiny came out a lot of people were looking at it as the new Bungie game above anything else so would have expected the PvP to be pretty central to the experience based on their track record with Halo.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well before Destiny came out a lot of people were looking at it as the new Bungie game above anything else so would have expected the PvP to be pretty central to the experience based on their track record with Halo.

Maybe. I'm just going off the (I dunno) ~50 strong player base in the PS4 Clan at launch. Having not necessarily had the long running history with the franchise on Playstation probably affected that expectation.

Also, I forgot to up my look sensitivity in the game initially, once I did, it felt a lot better.
    Think I had it around 7 instead of 4 before I hopped off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

And all the player has to do is NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR Zavala when the ship fires it rockets. :rolleyes:

I actually had to revive him at one point cos a late rocket landed after his bubble and mangled him.

Only played Homecoming for the Warlock last night.
    My one problem so far is that they still have the jumpy subtitles from D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I must have done the first tower mission about 65 times last night on all 3 characters, had a weird bug where Ikora would not appear and therefore could not finish the first level...

I thought it was because I was in Hong Kong over the weekend but it had nowt to do with it at all as confirmed by my friend who was also in Hong Kong and it was normal for him....

When I was about to throw in the towel I read on the Bungie forums to switch to a mobile hotspot, I did and it worked first time....

Strange connection issue that they seemingly haven't solved according to the forums, lots of people going on about it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally got the beta downloaded and played a bit. Enjoying the game, but wow do those super charge at a glacial pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm having no difficulty with the TTK. It's the same as last the game. Can't see what the fuss is all about. If you were using similar weapons in Destiny, it would be the exact same.

I'm having no difficulty with the TTK. It's the same as last the game. Can't see what the fuss is all about. If you were using similar weapons in Destiny, it would be the exact same.

I don't think that is true at all.

This is utterly false.

Changed from Hunter to Warlock today, had to laugh when I realised Warlock's have a superior shadesteppy thing with a much lower cooldown time. The hunter one is incredibly underpowered.

I know its a beta and all but if 99% of players can realise they have messed up super charge times within 3 games of playing you have to wonder what's going on at Bungie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

4v4 actually isn't as bad as I thought from the control map thats used. Map is designed nicely to suit it. Other then waiting till the game is nearly over to get a super.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

At least the Supercell is kinda back in the game, though it does kinda suck that you only get the arc chaining from being hit by arc attacks first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Angron wrote: »
    At least the Supercell is kinda back in the game, though it does kinda suck that you only get the arc chaining from being hit by arc attacks first.

It also handles like a wet bar of soap in a prison shower; if you don't keep control if it, your gonna get :eek:

It also handles like a wet bar of soap in a prison shower; if you don't keep control if it, your gonna get :eek:

firefly.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Only played the story missions and strike with one round in the crucible,

I'm looking forward to the main game, graphically it looks fantastic, and the story mission was very well scripted and it was cool to see ordinary civilians in the tower. Obviously that story mission is designed to impress and it certainly succeeded there. The strike was surprisingly tough, and hopefully its a good indicator of whats to come. Only played as a hunter, but that darth maul style super is awesome- Id agree with the general sentiment that supers and grenades seem to take forever to charge though - perhaps they're making the charge rate more dependent on gear equipped this time around?

gave one round in the crucible, wasn't a fan of it in D1, and its highly unlikely that this is going to change my opinion, I've always found the PvP to have a 'vagueness' that I cant quite describe properly - its like that everything looks great but it doesnt seem consistent to me. I'll stick to Rainbow six or Titanfall for my PvP jollies I think.

I probably wont play much more of the beta beyond running that strike once or twice more, but overall I'm happy enough with whats been shown so far.

i'm just hoping Bungie confirm ability cool downs will be quicker in the full game, even if that is due to armor perks or whatever. Destiny 2 isn't going to be a fun space magic infused shooter if the current timings persist.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I found the ability/super charges fine in PvE.

I think only having your super once in a match of PvP is a good idea but the issue is everyone just seems to get them at the end, I think a sweet spot would be around the middle of the match where you might have to think a bit more about when to use it and it might have a bigger bearing on the outcome of the match.

The time to kill, I'm not really sure about. It definitely feels a bit off at the mo but I'm not sure if that's because none of the guns in the beta feel particularly good in PvP (imo), it's hard to judge it when I don't really know what guns are the best to use.

Story mission was grand, nothing special but a bit more going on than in the first game in terms of trying to make the player feel something is actually happening (and an actual villain is nice to have too) though overall I found it a bit boring gameplay wise and looks like it might suffer from the first game's issue of having nice gunplay but not much creativity in terms of level design or interesting mechanics. Obviously only one mission to judge it by yet though so we'll see in September.

Not tried the strike yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GameStop are now taking orders for the white PS4 Pro. https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/64265/playstation-4-pro-glacier-1tb-console-and-destiny-2

Great price too, €450 gets you the console, Destiny 2 and the expansion pass.

Also Digital Foundry have a PS4/Pro performance video up based on the beta build.

i'm just hoping Bungie confirm ability cool downs will be quicker in the full game, even if that is due to armor perks or whatever. Destiny 2 isn't going to be a fun space magic infused shooter if the current timings persist.

I kind of like how it takes a bit longer to charge up your super, makes you feel like it's absolutely necessary to use it when it does charge up...

Many a times on D1 I just forget my super is charged (possibly as I use to always use a Res warlock :P) and totally forget to use it...

A lot of people giving out about it, I don't think it's as much as a deal-breaker as people are making out but they will probably change it if people are that bent out of shape about it...

Fieldog wrote: »
    I kind of like how it takes a bit longer to charge up your super, makes you feel like it's absolutely necessary to use it when it does charge up...

Many a times on D1 I just forget my super is charged (possibly as I use to always use a Res warlock :P) and totally forget to use it...

A lot of people giving out about it, I don't think it's as much as a deal-breaker as people are making out but they will probably change it if people are that bent out of shape about it...

The issue, imo, is that kills don't seem to make a massive difference to the super charge - so it ends up with everyone getting a super at around the same time (or close to it) and that seems to happen in the last minute of a PVP match.

They are too bunched, and too late - and seem to be a "one go" thing as well - i would think getting 2 supers a match is very difficult (impossible for non-top-level players?

This, to me, isn't Destiny. While I'm not a fan of the grenade spam sticky nades in Destiny 1, sticky nades no longer one shot in D2, that was a big fix imo.

As I said above, it could be that we will get closer to D1 speeds with armor and perk set ups, but we can only go on what Bungie have actually showed us - and right now it just isn't right, imo. If perks and armor will increase generation speeds, the beta timings should have been adjusted to get closer to that.

The issue, imo, is that kills don't seem to make a massive difference to the super charge - so it ends up with everyone getting a super at around the same time (or close to it) and that seems to happen in the last minute of a PVP match.

They are too bunched, and too late - and seem to be a "one go" thing as well - i would think getting 2 supers a match is very difficult (impossible for non-top-level players?

This, to me, isn't Destiny. While I'm not a fan of the grenade spam sticky nades in Destiny 1, sticky nades no longer one shot in D2, that was a big fix imo.

As I said above, it could be that we will get closer to D1 speeds with armor and perk set ups, but we can only go on what Bungie have actually showed us - and right now it just isn't right, imo. If perks and armor will increase generation speeds, the beta timings should have been adjusted to get closer to that.

I honestly haven't done enough PvP yet to really notice it but I do remember the very early days of Destiny 1 PvP around the first DLC and supers taking ages, and like you are saying, everyone seemed to get theirs all at once, maybe the charge time is deliberate...

Maybe it was as I had shît gear at the time and I wasn't as bad ass as I wish I was now.... :)

I'm sure in a week or two there will be a post on Bungie from Deej saying "we hear you about supers and have buffed them" or something to that effect... :)

I don't recall charge times ever being this low in PvP even starting new characters - Conovar you just started one didn't you?

1 super a game I wouldn't be massively fond of, should be some reward for performing well. I could get over all of this if the TTK was quicker but the game just feels so sluggish at the moment, its too easy to get out of gunfights. I've loved games with high TTK in the past - Resistance/Killzone/Halo - but those games had maps were there wasn't as much cover or angles to bail out of gunfights.

Yeah you could easily get two or more supers off in the first game's beta and at launch.

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't recall charge times ever being this low in PvP even starting new characters - Conovar you just started one didn't you?

1 super a game I wouldn't be massively fond of, should be some reward for performing well. I could get over all of this if the TTK was quicker but the game just feels so sluggish at the moment, its too easy to get out of gunfights. I've loved games with high TTK in the past - Resistance/Killzone/Halo - but those games had maps were there wasnt' as much cover or angles to bail out of gunfights.
    I think in D1 the super charge time with level 0 int is about 5 minutes 30. Will full Int is is 4 minutes (faster with kills, obviously).

Grenades went from 1 minute to 27 seconds.
    Melee was about the same I think.

I've not seen any numbers for Destiny 2, but I think the abilities charge at the same speed as base Destiny 1. The Super feels like it is slower that 5 minutes 30 without kills - and it feels kills add less to it than Destiny 1.

Maybe we will get closer to D1 speeds at high levels, but Bungie haven't said anything about this. Moving away from Int/Dis/Str indicates they don't want these numbers changing too much, imo, though.

I think if end game speeds will be quicker, the beta should have been adjusted to be close to that, to avoid this sh1tfest of feedback bungie are getting on it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you could easily get two or more supers off in the first game's beta and at launch.

Seems it took about 4 minutes back in the Alpha, must see now how long it takes on average now...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Seems it took about 4 minutes back in the Alpha, must see now how long it takes on average now...

Maybe Alpha had a sped up charge rate - 4 minutes is the super charge time with Full Int (and no kills) in Destiny 1.

Advertisement