Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

With the lack of progression I think what we see in the beta is meant to close to what a fully kitted out/leveled toon will play like. i'm sure they'll tweek it before launch either way (otherwise there wouldn't be much point in having a beta in the first place). Titanfall 2's beta wasn't very well received but they took people's issues on board and the game was great on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yep and this time around they can't blame everything on their **** engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Having watched a few videos and set up my TV accordingly the visuals on a lot of games TLOU, HZD and BF1 are amazing. Destiny seems a little off. Not necessarily bad but the colour palette is overwhelming, a bit garish. Found this with Destiny 1 too actually. Not saying it's bad but not sure I quite like it.
    The CGI on D2 didn't look great either

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Having watched a few videos and set up my TV accordingly the visuals on a lot of games TLOU, HZD and BF1 are amazing. Destiny seems a little off. Not necessarily bad but the colour palette is overwhelming, a bit garish. Found this with Destiny 1 too actually. Not saying it's bad but not sure I quite like it.

Do you have a PS4 Pro/4k tv? The cutscenes are 1080p so on a 4k set up will feel off in comparison to the gameplay.

Do you have a PS4 Pro/4k tv? The cutscenes are 1080p so on a 4k set up will feel off in comparison to the gameplay.

This I did not know. It really looked quite poor, like grainy. cut scenes aren't my thing so it's no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Didn't know that, I mainly use a 1080p on my Pro but have a 4K in the kitchen, I put D2 on it yesterday and couldn't believe how good it looked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I think I could deal with the cooldown on the nades being what they are but the super needs a lot of work, it's a problem in PvP but PvE will probably be the bigger issue for them, can they now treat both separately for balancing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have they confirmed the Pro enhancements are in the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

gimli2112 wrote: »

Are you sure it is Destiny 2 you are playing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    I think I could deal with the cooldown on the nades being what they are but the super needs a lot of work, it's a problem in PvP but PvE will probably be the bigger issue for them, can they now treat both separately for balancing?

Surely they have split PvP and pve out for balancing, but you'd never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have they confirmed the Pro enhancements are in the beta?

Yeah, it runs at 2160cp. Seems the game, at least the beta doesn't support hdr though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah, it runs at 2160cp. Seems the game, at least the beta doesn't support hdr though.

Yeah it's nearly night and day in some areas, I went from one room with the standard PS4 to the other and the difference is fairly noticeable alright...

Not sure if it was the difference in 2 1080p TVs but I noticed the exotic sword on the Iron Banner guys back when he was opening the door to the armoury seems less detailed light wise on standard than the Pro enhanced one and the light sources and sparks seem a lot more vibrant, even on a 1080 display...

Still upset over no 60fps though...

No matter how pretty the game is...

I'm sure digital foundry will dig deeper of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably gonna give the Beta another bash later.
    Only realised yesterday I missed a half of the strike cause we joined in and some dude must have have solo'd a load of it. I knew it felt a bit short. Looking forward to trying some more PvP too. Only played 4 matches on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get to use my Super before I go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Maybe. I'm just going off the (I dunno) ~50 strong player base in the PS4 Clan at launch. Having not necessarily had the long running history with the franchise on Playstation probably affected that expectation.

True alot of us missed that as well though, I was a day one player but only stumbled across the boards clan by chance, I think I randomly ended up in a raid with someone from the clan... Anyway that was after nearly a year and a half, I echo Adam a bit I basically leveled up through crucible.

Look it's a beta things will chqnge, I just personally speaking mind you think 4v4 is a bit of a mis-step

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Maybe. I'm just going off the (I dunno) ~50 strong player base in the PS4 Clan at launch. Having not necessarily had the long running history with the franchise on Playstation probably affected that expectation.

True alot of us missed that as well though, I was a day one player but only stumbled across the boards clan by chance, I think I randomly ended up in a raid with someone from the clan... Anyway that was after nearly a year and a half, I echo Adam a bit I basically leveled up through crucible.

Look it's a beta things will chqnge, I just personally speaking mind you think 4v4 is a bit of a mis-step

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That anti-aliasing is horrible. I hope they do something about it. I don't remember Destiny 1 being so jaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That anti-aliasing is horrible. I hope they do something about it. I don't remember Destiny 1 being so jaggy.

Any examples?

Never noticed anything with it myself

Thought this was a neat vid. Comparisons between spaces in D1 abd D2

When I have to google something to find out if I'm worried about it, I realise I'm probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What is the ETA of the open beta lads, is there a set time today.....?

Should be 6pm our time today

• Advertisement

Any examples?

Never noticed anything with it myself

Thought this was a neat vid. Comparisons between spaces in D1 abd D2

The opening campaign mission. It was very jarring. Quite messy looking.

Having a look around today I see Digital Foundry also picked up on it. Where you really see it in full effect is a guy in the corridor of the Tower with a light source behind him. He is located next to the other civilian survivors.

I didn't notice it in PvP or the strike. There might be a bit too much going on in the opening mission for consoles. I hope they can clean it up a bit for launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The opening campaign mission. It was very jarring. Quite messy looking.

Having a look around today I see Digital Foundry also picked up on it. Where you really see it in full effect is a guy in the corridor of the Tower with a light source behind him. He is located next to the other civilian survivors.

I didn't notice it in PvP or the strike. There might be a bit too much going on in the opening mission for consoles. I hope they can clean it up a bit for launch.

This was already posted: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104139467&postcount=1062

No idea why you'd bring it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That anti-aliasing is horrible

On which system?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How are people finding the PvP?

I'm a bit unsure:
    Some times I find the hit registration on the guns is way off.
    Some times I just seem to melt people.
    I'm not sure I like how the heavy ammo system works.

The new supers seem interesting, when they finally charge.
    I like how the titans shield works too, it seems to add a new level of complexity to engaging or pushing points.

Played about 5 games yesterday and tilted in about 2 of them and wrecked in the other 3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    This was already posted: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104139467&postcount=1062

because he was discussing graphical quality and the vid in question points to the same thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

because he was discussing graphical quality and the vid in question points to the same thing.

Yes but how many more times does the video have to be posted in the same thread is my point.

And of corse its discussing graphical differences, its the difference between a ps4 and a pro. Both will have differences in their graphics and its only Beta stage so the game could end up been released far more or far less polished so until its released I wouldn't be arsed comparing them tbh.

jonnycivic wrote: »

Responding to the poster asking which parts are noticeable. Checked digital foundry this morning and noticed they referenced the same parts of the campaign.
    On which system?

Xbox One S.

According to Digital Foundry both PS4 & XB1 have the same rough anti-aliasing but on the Ps4 Pro it is much less pronounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I was very uncertain about the changes to MP and I still am to a degree. The first few games we played the other night we got mangled but the reamining games then we dominated with myself coming out on top every game.

Control on that one map seems to flow well with more action going on. I remember a lot of running to find engagements in D1. And I didn't really notice much of a difference with the 4v4.

I was very uncertain about the changes to MP and I still am to a degree. The first few games we played the other night we got mangled but the reamining games then we dominated with myself coming out on top every game.

Control on that one map seems to flow well with more action going on. I remember a lot of running to find engagements in D1. And I didn't really notice much of a difference with the 4v4.

Yeah that appears to be the case with the PvP, win some and lose some, control is just so frantic now in that you have to keep moving etc. I am hoping they fix the supers etc and then slow down the control gameplay a small bit to make it more enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Xbox One S.

According to Digital Foundry both PS4 & XB1 have the same rough anti-aliasing but on the Ps4 Pro it is much less pronounced.

Well I would be fairly sure that the Pro And OneX will both handle AA alot better than the base versions but for a Beta is fairly well polished in fairness.

Advertisement