Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It wouldn't keep me up at night regardless. Game looks gorgeous.

There's 101 things I'd prioritise over that. But I've always been an advocate of gameplay and well balanced games over graphics tbh.

I've played some stunning looking games and been underwhelemed, yet I'm quite happy to put 100 hours into Darkest Dungeon where the attack animations are 2 frames.

From TWAB fwiw

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46077/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07202017
    The PVE game tuning has changed pretty significantly since the Beta build was deployed. The nature of a Beta of this scale requires that it’s based off a build of the game that is now months old. So, in many cases, your feedback is helping us validate changes that were previously made based on internal feedback and playtesting. For example, we too felt that ammo (especially power ammo) was too scarce in PvE. In addition to retuning the drop rates, we built a system that guarantees power ammo drops for you and your Fireteam from certain enemies, giving power weapons a more reliable and predictable role in your arsenal. Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

like the idea of certain enemy types (yellow bars?) being guaranteed power ammo drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Man, there's no way I'm pre-ordering just to get access to a stoopid beta.

:p:p:p

I wanna play it so bad :o

quad_red wrote: »
    Man, there's no way I'm pre-ordering just to get access to a stoopid beta.

:p:p:p

I wanna play it so bad :o

You don't need to pre-order, the fully Open Beta is today at 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Available now lads......just wait till I DL it before ye all start ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I found the ability/super charges fine in PvE.

I think only having your super once in a match of PvP is a good idea but the issue is everyone just seems to get them at the end, I think a sweet spot would be around the middle of the match where you might have to think a bit more about when to use it and it might have a bigger bearing on the outcome of the match.

The time to kill, I'm not really sure about. It definitely feels a bit off at the mo but I'm not sure if that's because none of the guns in the beta feel particularly good in PvP (imo), it's hard to judge it when I don't really know what guns are the best to use.

Story mission was grand, nothing special but a bit more going on than in the first game in terms of trying to make the player feel something is actually happening (and an actual villain is nice to have too) though overall I found it a bit boring gameplay wise and looks like it might suffer from the first game's issue of having nice gunplay but not much creativity in terms of level design or interesting mechanics. Obviously only one mission to judge it by yet though so we'll see in September.

Not tried the strike yet.

Yeah thats exactly the point i was making. I started of with the Warlock who has the Pulse Rifles. I was having no trouble what so ever defeating the vast majority of players because the Pulse Rifles are very effective.

Switched over to the Hunter last night and it was the total opposite. I was having awful time with the Hand Cannons and was getting well outgunned by Scumbag Warlocks with their Pulses:P.Eventually switched over to a Scout and Sub Machine gun combo and was doing alot better. Arc Strider is nice. Loving the different combos you can perform.Think i could be swayed over to the Hunter in Destiny 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So far I'm still leaning towards Titan being my "main", but I'm having a good bit of fun messing around with Warlock's fire subclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Angron wrote: »
    So far I'm still leaning towards Titan being my "main", but I'm having a good bit of fun messing around with Warlock's fire subclass.

I'll have one of each :pac:

Hardcore chavs will have one of each class to the max.....all with their own set of guns. None of this switching guns with apps ffs!

Well thats the way I had it in D1.

DISCLAIMER:_

I was still ****e but I looked good and did not play PvP much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It definitely feels like Destiny 1.1.

The beta is very skimpy this time round.

I hope the campaign on launch can exceed expectations.

For now...

tenor.gif

[/IMG]

I find this a very hard argument to understand, can you expand on this please?

What were you expecting from a sequel to make it feel like Destiny 2?

Personally I am expecting a new/better progression system (which we have seen nothing of yet) and a new story - which looks very good. I'm expecting gun play and general gameplay to be similar/the same as the first game; because it is a sequel to a game, not a new IP.

The beta is very skimpy this time round.

tenor.gif

I dont think this beta is too skimpy, its just the 1st time around they gave us half the game to mess around with.

The first beta was huge, overall I am not ecstatic about the new beta but I am sure it will be better then the 1st game. If not, you will still get hundreds of hours out of it.

It's a No from me

8c953675d9907aa592abe986428a581d--cartoon-memes-history-memes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the gun play in d2 is not as good
    I mean the character movement and feel
    Destiny blew me away
    This one I'm not sure
    may have to start buying other games
    neveruhashtagcod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the gun play in d2 is not as good
    I mean the character movement and feel
    Destiny blew me away
    This one I'm not sure
    may have to start buying other games
    neveruhashtagcod

But what about drunken Gimli strikes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My thoughts on the beta so far are...

Capture the flag is ****ed as people don't bother playing capture the flag and instead just run around shooting each other. It feels like a redundant game mode at this point.
    That said thankfully gameplay is on point as expected so hopefully the other modes are decent.

Personally I haven't played a lot of the competitive mode as I feel it's more of a fireteam thing and I haven't joined in with ye yet.

The story mission is polished as **** and really makes me interested in seeing can they give us a half decent story this time round.

The strike is good. I've heard a few youtubers say it resembles or has hints of a mini raid and I kind of agree. It has variety and an interesting boss battle which if you **** about it will **** you up.

Overall though I've enjoyed the beta and am really looking forward to September.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    neveruhashtagcod

What?.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Played through the strike again tonight. I'm kinda surprised people are impressed with it. It's feels pretty mediocre.

Like a bland mod or something made up of half empty random bits of previous venus levels ending with a Vex robot that attacks then teleports to another part of the room. Can't even pretend to be enthused by that.

Campaign level was well done. Great graphics and design. Will be interesting to see if they can deliver a storyline this time.

What?.... :confused:
    NEVERUHASHTAGCOD

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What time is the social space open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What time is the social space open today?

6pm for 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

They changed the controls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

on what. Certain abilities have been reorganised ie blink.

Controls are the same. Puppeteer ftw. You can map the buttons in Options Accessibility. It was the only way I could stick crouch on R3 on Horizon Zero Dawn.

Have to say the Nacon Pro pad feels very well playing Destiny, nice big buttons and solid large triggers and precise sticks....will be very comfy for the long sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I like the warlock big throwey flamey swords. Like warlock hammers, or Warhammers if you will.
    First thing I did was to swap R1/R2 and L1/L2. I have no idea how some weirdos fine upstanding clanmates use R2 to shoot. Blasphemy.

I know it was only a small snippet of the game, but I really got the impression from the story cutscenes that the ghost is the actual character in the game and we are just doing what he tells us to. I know our guardian hasn't spoken since vanilla, but I found the lack of spoken interaction from the guardian in the homecoming mission particularly jarring - really stuck out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I agree, I find the lack of spoken dialogue on the guardian's part somewhat annoying. I guess they quickly came to the decision that having to record six copies (Male/Female x Human/Exo/Awoken) of dialog for each cutscene was going to be a pain in the proverbial. I'd have thought it easy enough to render whatever ship / armour you're wearing into the cutscenes as well as play one of six sound files.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    I agree, I find the lack of spoken dialogue on the guardian's part somewhat annoying. I guess they quickly came to the decision that having to record six copies (Male/Female x Human/Exp/Awoken) of dialog for each cutscene was going to be a pain in the proverbial. I'd have thought it easy enough to render whatever ship / armour you're wearing into the cutscenes as well as play one of six sound files.

The exo voice doesn't sound robotic, I don't think Awoken sound any different either, I don't think there is justification for why you would need 6 voices rather than 2.

The mute guardian in the opening scene was very off imo. If it remains that way it is going to be a little annoying.

Advertisement