Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The exo voice doesn't sound robotic, I don't think Awoken sound any different either, I don't think there is justification for why you would need 6 voices rather than 2.

The mute guardian in the opening scene was very off imo. If it remains that way it is going to be a little annoying.

Did the guardian speak in D1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

jonnycivic wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

jonnycivic wrote: »

A few times only in cutscenes though.Think it was only in vanilla cant remember any story dlc if your character spoke or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Me too. Every time I hear the ghost now I see it with Drake's face.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    Me too. Every time I hear the ghost now I see it with Drake's face.
    I dont khow why ppl didn't like dinklebot thought his monotone voice was funny tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

seems the Beta has been extended, just back from hols so I'll get a few hours at least on it :)

syboit wrote: »
    seems the Beta has been extended, just back from hols so I'll get a few hours at least on it :)
    Extended until 6pm Pst tomorrow .So what 1am r so tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can glitch into Lost Sectors in the beta

Looks like way too much of an effort for me to bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 QuiTomJinn

A few times only in cutscenes though.Think it was only in vanilla cant remember any story dlc if your character spoke or not

There was no voice acting from your character in the DLC. There was no need for 6 different actors in Destiny. All they need was one male voice and one female voice for Destiny. I didn't like that our character was silent in the Destiny 2 beta. I hope this isn't the case for the full game but I sadly suspect it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Finally got in for a quick hour. Something deffo seems off with the graphics as a few others have said, and TTK being slower - no sure if I'm a fan of this yet. Only got a few mp games in as kept getting weaseled. I didnt get to see the farm, and didnt notice any area like the D1 Beta (cosmodrome) where you could just wander around.
    All in all, pre-order is safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

new PVP Mode - Survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ94CXhY5so

team has a number of lives, when they are gone your death = man down. looks like a longer version of trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/07/25/destiny-2-introducing-the-latest-crucible-pvp-mode-survival-ign-first
    A finite number of lives, permanent death, and coordinated team tactics are the three core elements that make up Destiny 2's Survival mode. On the surface, adding a limit to the amount of lives that a team can use may seem like a simple tweak to the PVP formula, but it reinforces the competitive philosophy that's already been established with the addition of Countdown in the Crucible. This is the second of what will hopefully be a plethora of modes that require teams of players to be built before heading into a particular mode. It's exactly what we hope to see more of in Destiny 2's PVP offerings.

Survival turned out to be one of our favorite experiences during the trip to Bungie. While not as competitive as a Destiny 1 event like Trials of Osiris, Survival keeps the importance of staying alive while not making the player feel like they haven't contributed should they get killed once or twice by the opponent. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and we couldn't help but pull off one ear of our headsets so we could communicate effective strategies. It is, in our brief experience so far, a fantastic addition to the existing pool of PVP options that players already love

Safe to say I won't be doing any "chill runs" of this (not that I was a huge trials player anyway) as other people dying not only will cost you in terms of the Team DPS battle (which is blatantly more important in this iteration, you need to be teamshotting) but the fact 1 player can just keep going Leeroy Jenkins and pi$$ing away 2 or 3 of the teams lives very quickly would just annoy me. And tbh, I say that as one of the most aggressive PS4 clan players going on 3 years. Blink-Shotgun trading was 'fine' in 6 player Control in D1, I almost certainly won't be trying that crack here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm liking the look of that. And yes, Leeroy Jenkins need not apply. Forcing teams to the centre to grab heavy (from a quick read of the article, it appears Snipes are default?), prevents trying to run down the clock for extra time flag capture. Time will tell if it's something I'll do regularly, but the signs are promising.

Having gone back in to PvP the last few days, I have to admit that the 4's format is growing on me. The map design really helps with this, and, while I still will miss the 6's from D1, I think it's been a decision that might actually have the pay off they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The beta hasnt really done much to make me either more or less excited. Think knowing its content kinda dampened it for me. Felt like a bit of a non event.

I hope the beta being small was just so they could keep a lot under wraps and its not indicative of a lack of content in the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    The beta hasnt really done much to make me either more or less excited. Think knowing its content kinda dampened it for me. Felt like a bit of a non event.

I hope the beta being small was just so they could keep a lot under wraps and its not indicative of a lack of content in the full game.

The full game seems to be as big as the entirety of D1. The area public area available at the start of the strike is 1/7th of the Nessus map, then you have the Lost Sectors and Adventures to find as well.

In terms of story, there are also more cutscenes in D2 than all of D1.

Also don't forget that in the beta all the armour abilities are turned off.

Btw Luke Smith confirmed there will only be one rotating arm at the end of Homecoming in the final build, he stated that the second arm has not been present for quite some time.

More of IGN and Datto, cause why not

The full game seems to be as big as the entirety of D1. The area public area available at the start of the strike is 1/7th of the Nessus map, then you have the Lost Sectors and Adventures to find as well.

In terms of story, there are also more cutscenes in D2 than all of D1.

Also don't forget that in the beta all the armour abilities are turned off.

Btw Luke Smith confirmed there will only be one rotating arm at the end of Homecoming in the final build, he stated that the second arm has not been present for quite some time.

Maybe size wise the areas are going to be bigger but that doesnt mean theres going to be enough to do in them though.

As for the story im eager to see how that plays out,as has been indicated by the devs some threads that people thought would continue are done,if this proves to be the case long term i see no reason to get invested with the story as its going be subject to change.

Personally i didnt mind hunting for the story in destiny 1 on the forums/youtube but i can understand im in a minority there and the cut scenes will make it more accessible. Hopefully doesnt turn it into some sort of COD cut scene every too minute jobby though.

All said and done im still excited for the game,i still think certain things about what we know and have played so far still give me reason to be cautious though.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Maybe size wise the areas are going to be bigger but that doesnt mean theres going to be enough to do in them though.

Isn't this specifically addressed in what the videos above propose/outline? :confused:

I mean, I'm as healthy a sceptic as anyone, but more or less I'm going off what we're being told by some combination of the Developers (Luke Smith etc), community managers (Deej etc) and IGN (with their exclusivity deal)

For example, in reference your earlier point, they did outright say also that the Destiny 1 Beta was far too big, and they have intentionally chosen to give an extremely limited Beta (content wise) this time round .

Still though, The Beta was longer than MGSV Ground Zeros, so there's that

• Advertisement

Isn't this specifically addressed in what the videos above propose/outline? :confused:

I mean, I'm as healthy a sceptic as anyone, but more or less I'm going off what we're being told by some combination of the Developers (Luke Smith etc), community managers (Deej etc) and IGN (with their exclusivity deal)

For example, in reference your earlier point, they did outright say also that the Destiny 1 Beta was far too big, and they have intentionally chosen to give an extremely limited Beta (content wise) this time round .

Still though, The Beta was longer than MGSV Ground Zeros, so there's that

I havent watched the videos,i dont keep up with the daily news about the game. I just have a look every now and then.

If they explain how much content there is in these areas and it sounds like theres a lot to do fair enough. Size means nothing though of theres nothing to do of interest. I wouldnt be as well read about the game as some so may be behind when it comes to this.

The beta was still a damp squib imo,just didnt get me excited for the game the way i thought it would.

I'm simply pointing it out as Dattos video is 5 minutes long and is a specific answer to a specific concern of yours

I'm simply pointing it out as Dattos video is 5 minutes long and is a specific answer to a specific concern of yours

Cool.

Experimental energy. Deadly precision. Cold as ice. Pre-order Destiny 2 and get the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle. https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

https://www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame/videos/1427957500632883/

Can't check if it's all pre-orders or just off the Bungie Website due to Work Rules. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Experimental energy. Deadly precision. Cold as ice. Pre-order Destiny 2 and get the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle. https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

https://www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame/videos/1427957500632883/

Can't check if it's all pre-orders or just off the Bungie Website due to Work Rules. :(

Selecting UK on that buy site defaults to PSN, so I'm guessing it will just be a generic pre-order bonus.

Generic pre-order bonus.

That prick gets all the pre-order bonuses.

For the love of christ I hope they go back to having Exotics feel actually special

Apotheosis ****ing Veil

FML

Pulling an Oprah on it indicates it'll be one of those Exotics that Looks and Sounds cool, but in actuality is rather ****. Kinda like Jade Rabbit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

For the love of christ I hope they go back to having Exotics feel actually special

Apotheosis ****ing Veil

FML

Weapons aside Helm of Saint 14, Obsidian Mind and Frost33s were the only armour exotics I considered special.

Maybe the hunter gloves which made you invisible with a melee and Titan gloves which damaged enemies if melee'd you which was handy for the lamps during Crota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Pulling an Oprah on it indicates it'll be one of those Exotics that Looks and Sounds cool, but in actuality is rather ****. Kinda like Jade Rabbit. ;)

I remember trying to take down that really hard Taken guy, he spawns at the start of the Sepiks strike, with Hereafter equipped because it brought up my light level.

Advertisement