Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is it reasonable to expect 60fps on Console seeing as this version will be current gen only?

Are there other similar games that have managed this with as many moving parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CoD AW runs at 60 FPS but drops a bit in multiplayer when there's lots of explosions etc. No reason why they couldn't do it in D2

Whats the amount of players per team in MP in that game? I played a bit of BLOPS 3 and that was mainly 6v6 iirc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the amount of players per team in MP in that game? I played a bit of BLOPS 2 and that was mainly 6v6 iirc

6V6

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hasn't cod always been 60 FPS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

AdamD wrote: »
    Hasn't cod always been 60 FPS?

That would be an ecumenical matter.

And would it be safe to say that the overall amount of particle physics in Destiny 1 (lets stay with 1 for now) would be bigger or smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

And would it be safe to say that the overall amount of particle physics in Destiny 1 (lets stay with 1 for now) would be bigger or smaller?

I think Destiny is incredibly intensive on the your network in terms of data used per hour so presumably there's a lot more going on in the way you're saying too

AdamD wrote: »
    I think Destiny is incredibly intensive on the your network in terms of data used per hour so presumably there's a lot more going on in the way you're saying too

That may be down to poor optimisation too on their end though.

Same as how them moving a resource node in the current (soon to be old?) engine was an overnight job. I would hope if they rebuilt the engine from the ground up, it shouldn't require so much data.

I have seen ~1GB per hour touted as the usage on the Bungie help pages before. I've seen somewhere that Overwatch is like 80mb per hour :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think both Overwatch and Rainbow 6: Siege run at 60fps on console. You'd have to expect them to be aiming for better than 30 this time around anyway and I would hope they're taking PS4 and Scorpio into account too.

• Advertisement

OW is 30fps on Console, makes watching video footage of it on PC look like it's sped up

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

OW is 30fps on Console, makes watching video footage of it on PC look like it's sped up

Are you sure? People keep telling me I am insane for not noting a significant difference when swapping back from OW to Destiny.

EDIT: This article has Digital Foundry saying console is 60fps - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-overwatch-console-beta-performance-analysis

On the Pro/Scorpio point - would those consoles having a higher frame rate (for the sake of argument) not provide an advantage to players on those consoles over standard PS4 and XboxOnes?

If so, i don't want the new console variants having a higher framerate (and I own a Pro and will probably convince myself to get a scorpio too)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Are you sure? People keep telling me I am insane for not noting a significant difference when swapping back from OW to Destiny.

EDIT: This article has Digital Foundry saying console is 60fps - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-overwatch-console-beta-performance-analysis

On the Pro/Scorpio point - would those consoles having a higher frame rate (for the sake of argument) not provide an advantage to players on those consoles over standard PS4 and XboxOnes?

If so, i don't want the new console variants having a higher framerate (and I own a Pro and will probably convince myself to get a scorpio too)

They can lock the framerate so it won't go above a set value.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No I think it's 60, or at least google is telling me it is and there's an fps test from the beta by Digital Foundry that says it is. Most folks would play it at a higher fps than 60 on PC so maybe that's why it looks sped up? It's not a very intensive game to run and Destiny felt slightly slow after switching back for RoI.
    They can lock the framerate so it won't go above a set value.

Yeah I expect Scorpio/PS4 to be prioritising resolution over fps anyway since they're being marketed as "4k" consoles.

Well I'll stand corrected. Yeah, maybe it's people playing at >60fps on PC that made it look better (I've seen it at 120fps)

If Destiny 2 does come out on PC, do you think it could be done under Microsofts Play Anywhere banner - and be cross save/gaming between PC and Xbox (though not allowing competition in PVP) or will they be separate entities.

In comparison to PS still getting exclusives, i think being able to play your one copy on both PC and Xbox would be a huge boon to the Xbox community, and be a massive boost for the content creation community.

If Destiny 2 does come out on PC, do you think it could be done under Microsofts Play Anywhere banner - and be cross save/gaming between PC and Xbox (though not allowing competition in PVP) or will they be separate entities.

In comparison to PS still getting exclusives, i think being able to play your one copy on both PC and Xbox would be a huge boon to the Xbox community, and be a massive boost for the content creation community.

All depends on Bungie I guess, there's no technical reasons for it not to be. Gears of War 4 has crossplay for horde mode but not PvP for example. Not sure would the exclusive content deal with Sony affect it though.

I'd imagine they'll just go with a regular PC release though or in the unlikely event it ends up a play anywhere bring it out on the Windows 10 store and Steam (though Activison made a right balls of the last CoD game on the windows 10 store and it wasn't even Play Anywhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cabal have a Scorched Earth policy for Destiny 2 it seems.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJjAhlByFk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Damn it boys, the hype has got me.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/846406524347940871

The last city is getting F***ED UP!

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wonder will there be a campaign in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Oops disregard my phone wasn't refreshing this thread.

Hype!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have you ever even played destiny?

2014's Facebook Gaming Circle Jerk Pages called, they wanted to know if their low effort bait was continuing to suit your requirements

:rolleyes:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Have you ever even played destiny?

:D

I mean a proper campaign. One that is not stuck together using glue a kid chewed.

:D

I mean a proper campaign. One that is not stuck together using glue a kid chewed.

The story was a bit all over the place granted but if you actually played the game you'd know that there was a story there.

I'll be happy if they put some effort into this game and content. It is Bungie after all.

I'd say gamers are going to be much more careful with the release of Destiny 2. Myself included. I'll see whats in the game first before jumping in.

If there is a great campaign for the game I'll definitely pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The story was a bit all over the place granted but if you actually played the game you'd know that there was a story there.

I'm nearly sure Failsafe was in my 6 man when we completed VOG HM for the first time a week after it was released.

• Advertisement

Saw a tweet showing a little cayde figure as a pre-order bonus. BUY!

as much as such a figurine would interest me I think I'll be going digital.

Advertisement