Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You do know the old raids were rejigged and brought up to current LL in March right?

Rainbow 6 has made his brain all fuzzy. Give him a few weeks to get his bearings back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You do know the old raids were rejigged and brought up to current LL in March right?

:eek::confused::eek::confused:

I have not played sight nor sound of D1 for god since light level 320 was max. Long long time ago now, I did not get any of the newer expansions at all.

But thanx for heads up, but no point installing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    :eek::confused::eek::confused:

I have not played sight nor sound of D1 for god since light level 320 was max. Long long time ago now, I did not get any of the newer expansions at all.

But thanx for heads up, but no point installing it now.

I'd run some drunken 390LL VoG Challenge Mode with ya if you change your mind.
    I don't even think you need to own Rise of Iron (which was the only paid DLC since you stopped playing, everything else was free Updates/DLC etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Played a bit of pvp last night in control, played about 6ish games total aside from the bit of occasional lag it was fun, don't understand why they scrapped 6v6 , I mean was there literally anyone asking for this change? Reiinforced my thoughts that D2 pvp felt off as well last night was just smoother all round.

Anyway got my refund from Sony for D2 , quicker and easier than I thought, went into the beta so full of Hope only to be dashed.... Felt like an episode of game of thrones lol.

On positive tho I'll stick with D1 and maybe even get another flawless trials run when the main guys go to D2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd run some drunken 390LL VoG Challenge Mode with ya if you change your mind.
    I don't even think you need to own Rise of Iron (which was the only paid DLC since you stopped playing, everything else was free Updates/DLC etc)

I'd like to put sweeperbot through a raid or two if people are up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jcd5971 wrote: »
    On positive tho I'll stick with D1 and maybe even get another flawless trials run when the main guys go to D2 .

Trials is only running for another 2 weeks or so. Next weeks Iron Banner is also the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Trials is only running for another 2 weeks or so. Next weeks Iron Banner is also the last.

A DEVESTATING BLOW.

Why is that I wonder a bit of a shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Played a bit of pvp last night in control, played about 6ish games total aside from the bit of occasional lag it was fun, don't understand why they scrapped 6v6 , I mean was there literally anyone asking for this change? Reiinforced my thoughts that D2 pvp felt off as well last night was just smoother all round.

I got to like the 4v4 towards the end of the beta, would still prefer the team of 6 though.
    I'd like to put sweeperbot through a raid or two if people are up for it.

I'd be up for raiding.

OMG LOIKE, look what I started.....yeah I be up for it. Would deffo need to be carried (whats new there I hear you cry).....but let us know when and where, and if indeed you need the paid content which I dont have.

#VOGFTW

OMG LOIKE, look what I started.....yeah I be up for it. Would deffo need to be carried (whats new there I hear you cry).....but let us know when and where, and if indeed you need the paid content which I dont have.

#VOGFTW

Well you should at least download the updates etc. Carrying a 320LL character through a 390LL VoG Raid would be a bit much of an ask :D

Blues decrypt to LL385 nowadays fwiw
    nevelator wrote: »
    I got to like the 4v4 towards the end of the beta

Same, kind of grew on me as game mode. Banter levels are gonna be much lower though

• Advertisement

How can I get new gear if I dont have the new paid content? Is there anything I can do with just the content I have to get a better light level.....PvP only?

Well you should at least download the updates etc. Carrying a 320LL character through a 390LL VoG Raid would be a bit much of an ask :D

Blues decrypt to LL385 nowadays fwiw

Same, kind of grew on me as game mode. Banter levels are gonna be much lower though

Not in party chat with 4 playing and 4 talking ****e full of loud mouth soup as so often is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Recommended Spec
    CPU
    • Intel - Core i5-2400
    • AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
    GPU
    • Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
    • AMD - Radeon R9 390
    RAM
    • 8GB

Minimum Spec
    CPU
    • Intel - Core i3-3250
    • AMD - FX-4350
    GPU
    • Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    • AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    RAM
    • 6GB

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Still annoyed that they have the pc beta on a mon-thur, like wtf? I was hoping to get it some decent playtime on it as I missed most of it on console.

:(

When is the PC beta?

Scrap that, late August I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyway got my refund from Sony for D2 , quicker and easier than I thought, went into the beta so full of Hope only to be dashed.... Felt like an episode of game of thrones lol.

We'll have to have a remember our fallen comrades memorial on the Farm

How can I get new gear if I dont have the new paid content? Is there anything I can do with just the content I have to get a better light level.....PvP only?

Almost any activity now will potentially net you 385LL gear.
    I'd worry more about activity types that give 385. 390 and 400 gear when you hit like 380 tbh man.
    You could log in now, pi$$ about in almost any/all activites (locked RoI content aside) and level up at a considerable pace.

You might find yourself getting value for money out of Rise of Iron

I did a handy breakdown of how much content you'll get in RoI compared to previous iterations of the game (PvE focused only) so you can decide iof it presents a good value proposition

Content Type Vanilla The Dark Below House of Wolves The Taken King April 2016 Update Rise of Iron Total
    Core Missions 20 3 5 19 1 6 54
    Strikes 6 2 1 4 1 1 15
    Social Spaces 1 - 1 - - 1 3
    Patrol Areas 4 - - 1 - 1 6
    Prison Of Elders Room Types - - 4 4 - - 8
    Raids 1 1 - 1 - 1 4
    Extra Stuff - - PoE/ToO added 4-8* - 3 Exotic Missions & Archons Forge 7 - 11 approx
    Totals 32 6 11 29 2 8 97

Getting to 380 light or so is quite easy. slows down massively from that point if you don't raid.

Two 400LL people could drag you through weeklies etc - loads of legendardy marks, and vanguard rep. That will get you legendary drops over your LL, and allow you to buy stuff from the vendors. Any weapon/armor bought from a vendor will be 380. 200 marks would give you enough to buy 2 pieces of armor, then two of the weekly missions (20 marks each minimum) will get you enough coin again for another piece (or a ghost). so that would be 3 pieces of 380 light gear, which would bump you up from 320 very quick. Should get a load of blues from the weekly or whatever too, which can decrypt up to 385.

So after buying the vendor armour decrypt (and equip) one piece of blue at a time.

What would you do without Excel Generic!!!

Deffo not spending money on RoI at this point, then never play D1 again. Might log in tonight a muck about and see whats what. Would love to do a VoG again....great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Deffo not spending money on RoI at this point, then never play D1 again. Might log in tonight a muck about and see whats what. Would love to do a VoG again....great craic.

I'd pay your way in RoI if I get to kick back and watch a stream with you on a rant like days of old! :P

• Advertisement

Sure I am the one thats winding people up and pushing them off platforms in VoG, Like that Rossi ****er but without the sky sports on in the background. Was not me on the rant, no sir.

Never forget me and Redzer did Crota on our own just the 2 of us....some craic that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nah that won't happen considering trials is stopping in August :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't wait to see how it looks on PC, I fall into the "recommended specs" category, I just want to know how D2 at 60fps feels...

I wonder will it be a newer build than what we saw on console

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nah that won't happen considering trials is stopping in August :P

Technically it's ending forever in 8 days

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how it looks on PC, I fall into the "recommended specs" category, I just want to know how D2 at 60fps feels...

I wonder will it be a newer build than what we saw on console

Id say it will be a newer build alright. How close to a final build though, that's the question. I think we will see the slightly quicker Super Generation that was so asked for on the console beta.

I'm just outside the recommended specs myself, need to upgrade the graphics card.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have a 1070/skylake i7 combo so will be pushing it as hard as my system allows. Looking forward to seeing how it feels with M/KB more than anything though.

Technically it's ending forever in 8 days

14/15 days

Last weekend of it is August 11th, not this coming weekend.

This week is the last week of Iron Banner.

I wonder if it will just be bog standard Iron Banner this week (I know it is Control) or if they will offer everything for sale, for example, or have massively increased drop rates - cause why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id say it will be a newer build alright. How close to a final build though, that's the question. I think we will see the slightly quicker Super Generation that was so asked for on the console beta.

I'm just outside the recommended specs myself, need to upgrade the graphics card.

I'd say it will be playable if you lower shadows and a few other settings to get it going at 60, I look forward to giving it a go but I don't think I will be playing on PC in general, I just find multiplayer gaming on PC very sterile personally...

Always been more of a console player anyway...

The kids at home own the PC, not me, so I do struggle to play it, most likely as they are never off it... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd say it will be playable if you lower shadows and a few other settings to get it going at 60, I look forward to giving it a go but I don't think I will be playing on PC in general, I just find multiplayer gaming on PC very sterile personally...

Always been more of a console player anyway...

The kids at home own the PC, not me, so I do struggle to play it, most likely as they are never off it... :)

I'm the same, just trying the PC beta just see what it looks and plays like, see how far I can push the 760 before it blows up.

In my younger days I was exclusively PC, as I was an MMO whore. Always had 3 on the go, 2 of which where WoW and LoTRO. These days, while still gaming on the PC, it's console all the way.

Advertisement