Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pre-order price is down to £49.99 on game.co.uk

http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-1867997?spotlightOtherCatFlag=Y

Think I might try and cancel my digital pre-order and go for this instead. Mainly for the ghost
    What ghost? The kill tracker one? (that's the only one I can think of). You get that with the digital pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What ghost? The kill tracker one? (that's the only one I can think of). You get that with the digital pre-order

With the standard edition?

Game are stating that it's exclusive with physical pre-orders in the UK
    Please note: Only at GAME – the ‘Kill-Tracker Ghost’ DLC is only available in the UK with physical copies of “Destiny 2” pre-ordered from GAME. Coldheart can be attained by pre-order of digital or physical editions of Destiny 2 or by purchase of the Digital Deluxe, Limited, or Collector’s Editions. Subject to change and availability.

With the standard edition?

Game are stating that it's exclusive with physical pre-orders in the UK

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/destiny-2-standard-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA06172_00-DESTINY2PREORDER

Yep, comes with pre order of the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sure the first raid if you get a ghost or decent ghost found and the other one will be cast aside like Kerry Katonas knickers!

So cant see the point of pre ordering for the sake of a ghost or sparrow.

Physical copy FTW

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure the first raid if you get a ghost or decent ghost found and the other one will be cast aside like Kerry Katonas knickers!

So cant see the point of pre ordering for the sake of a ghost or sparrow.

Physical copy FTW

Digital Copy (Pre-load, ready to go as soon as the servers are good, never having to search for the disc) for the win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Digital Copy (Pre-load, ready to go as soon as the servers are good, never having to search for the disc) for the win!

Never taking the disc out for the win.

giphy.gif

Never taking the disc out for the win.

The more I get used to this, the more annoyed I am by the outcry that stopped this from being a basic function of the Xbox One. I was annoyed by the outcry against it at the time (i thought it was a great feature) and I am even more annoyed about it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The more I get used to this, the more annoyed I am by the outcry that stopped this from being a basic function of the Xbox One. I was annoyed by the outcry against it at the time (i thought it was a great feature) and I am even more annoyed about it now!

The 24 hour license check was extremely prohibitive though, especially for military serving overseas. Plus it essentially gave Microsoft a monopoly on physical copies with the single use system they were implementing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

???

What should I be outraged at?

dudeeile wrote: »
    ???

What should I be outraged at?

When the Xbox One was originally announced, you would buy a game in the shop (physical copy), go home and install it on to your console. It was then on your console and you wouldn't need to have the disc in the console to play the game, not even to boot the game up. Each disc had a unique license key or something that would activate the game.

The problems:
    1. You console needed to be online (think it needed to check-in once a day to renew licenses)
    2. You couldn't sell, trade or lend your disc to someone else - I think maybe they could use the disc but would need to purchase a license, can't remember.

From a personal/selfish point of view - needing to be online was not an issue and not being able to lend/borrow/sell/trade wasn't a deal braker for me either - the ease of the game being on the console outweighed the issues, for me.

• Advertisement

The 24 hour license check was extremely prohibitive though, especially for military serving overseas. Plus it essentially gave Microsoft a monopoly on physical copies with the single use system they were implementing.

I think those issues could have been ironed out/worked around. Such as disc in the drive overrides the need to be online. But the console community went so mental, so quickly, that no one gave them a chance to even explain the system. There were people arguing it that clearly didn't understand it. Also, MS message at the time was rubbish too, which contributed to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are you actually arguing in favour of daily/always Online Consoles? :confused:

Also, looks like I won't be playing at the Midnight on the 6th cause I'm getting a physical copy (and the PS Pro) and apparently there weren't enough physical pre-orders to justify a midnight opening. :(

The guy in Gamestop (who is actually a very sound dude) said he'd let me buy it at 8am instead of 9am if I'm knocking around then.

My plan is to (pretty much) wipe the HDD on my PS4 (maybe aside from like, 10GB) the day before so I can do a quick transfer of stuff via ethernet (profile, a handful of small indie games, save files, P.T.) between the PS4 and the PS Pro, then download whatever Day 1 patch there is (there's always one nowadays) and crack on.

This is probably for the best lifestyle wise, starting playing a new game at midnight would just annihilate my body clock (despite me having some holidays booked off from work). Also, if I started at Midnight, I could well hit my Daily Download limit well before midnight the next day.

So, if anyone wants to group up around 10am, I'll be on :) (Conovar and me normally play the new stuff together, but you're dead to me now :P )

Sure New Zealand / Australia will have it like 10 hours before us anyway, so there'll be spoilers everywhere if you go wandering around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You're getting the Pro and Destiny 2 on the same day? I don't know that sounds like an awful lot of setting up and messing round on the day. Will Conovar wait for you?

So, if anyone wants to group up around 10am, I'll be on :) (Conovar and me normally play the new stuff together, but you're dead to me now :P )

WTF?

What did I do man? Tell me, just give me a chance to make it right. I CAN CHANGE! (*unless it is change disk in the console or play style, that is seemingly beyond me)

I've the Wednesday/Thursday and Friday off, so I will be on all day to play. Starting at 10 or so would also allow me to get up early and get a gym session in so I am not feeling guilty for the rest of the day!)

Here's a question...

Anyone planning on importing a character from D1, and how will it be?

I want to start the game as a warlock, but I don't like my D1 Warlock. Hunter was my Day 1 D1 character, so I may import them and start with them. Want to see if there is *any* nod to your guardian's history that won't be available with a newly created character.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It just means they will look the same doesn't it?

Are you actually arguing in favour of daily/always Online Consoles? :confused:

Yeah, my console is always connected to the internet. If my internet went out I could hotspot it off my phone for a minute if I needed to.

As I said, maybe they could have also introduced a measure where if you weren't online you could still play if the disc was in the console (to verify ownership). I'm sure there would have been ways they could have worked to improve the system - and the ultimate goal of not needing to put a disc in the console every time you want to play was one I want the consoles to eventually get to. I'm increasingly going digital on purchases for just that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

When you say midnight Wednesday do you mean Thursday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah, my console is always connected to the internet. If my internet went out I could hotspot it off my phone for a minute if I needed to.

As I said, maybe they could have also introduced a measure where if you weren't online you could still play if the disc was in the console (to verify ownership). I'm sure there would have been ways they could have worked to improve the system - and the ultimate goal of not needing to put a disc in the console every time you want to play was one I want the consoles to eventually get to. I'm increasingly going digital on purchases for just that reason.
    Unless I'm missing something all you have to do is buy digital every time and you'd have no discs. You already have what you need, taking the disc option away from others wouldn't benefit you and would hurt them. It doesn't make sense yet.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something all you have to do is buy digital every time and you'd have no discs. You already have what you need, taking the disc option away from others wouldn't benefit you and would hurt them. It doesn't make sense yet.

Install directly off the disk rather than the initial download, would be one perk.

Cheaper, generally, to buy physical from a store rather than digital download, would be another perk.

There is no way they could have set it up so that if the disk is in the console then it doesn't need to online authenticate, and if it isn't in the console it does need to? No way at all?

If they could then people who don't want to be online could use the disk and those that are always online anyway can pack that stuff away and just play as if it was digital.

Trading/Lending/BuyingUsed would be the big issues - and it would kill the second hand game sells in place like GameStop unless there was someway they could change the licence on the game. If the second hand market was killed, GameStop and the likes would be f'ed fairly quickly I reckon.

When you say midnight Wednesday do you mean Thursday morning?

He means midnight Tuesday 5th, heading in to Wednesday morning.

With a digital pre-order I will be able to play at 00:01 on Wednesday 6th (or queue to get in)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Geeks digital pre order, real men get physical!!!

:pac::pac::pac:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Didn't know you can import characters from D1. I dislike change so this intrigues me.

You're getting the Pro and Destiny 2 on the same day? I don't know that sounds like an awful lot of setting up and messing round on the day.

I'm gonna essentially wipe the existing PS4 so there is f**k all to be transferring tbh. Then like a month after release I'll drop the PS4 to my sisters place and download like 1.2TB of games and updates
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Will Conovar wait for you?
    Starting at 10 or so would also allow me to get up early and get a gym session in so I am not feeling guilty for the rest of the day!

Apparently so if it means he can get a "I'm hitting the gym" comment in there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's a question...

Anyone planning on importing a character from D1, and how will it be?

I want to start the game as a warlock, but I don't like my D1 Warlock. Hunter was my Day 1 D1 character, so I may import them and start with them. Want to see if there is *any* nod to your guardian's history that won't be available with a newly created character.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    It just means they will look the same doesn't it?
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Didn't know you can import characters from D1. I dislike change so this intrigues me.

The character import has already happened on August 1st. Aesthetically, only your choices when the character was first created will be moved over. There will be NO option to alter the appearance. I'm not sure what happens if you decide to delete an imported character and create a new one for aesthetic reasons, in relation to any achievements and rewards for Legacy characters.
    Account and Character Migration

All existing Destiny accounts will automatically undergo an Account Migration process on August 1, 2017. This process will import their Character and game progression data into Destiny 2.
    • Only Applies to Existing Data – Account and Character Migration will apply to all existing accounts on August 1, 2017. Any Characters created or game progress made after August 1, 2017 will not be represented in Destiny 2.
    • Automatic Process – Players are NOT required to log into their Destiny accounts on or after August 1, 2017 to complete the Account and Character Migration process.
    • Character Requirements – For a Character’s game progression to be recognized in Destiny 2, the Character must have reached at least Level 20 and must not have been deleted at the time of the Account and Character Migration.
    • Character Data in Destiny 2 – To see their migrated data represented in Destiny 2, players will need to ensure that they use the same PSN or Xbox credentials when logging into Destiny 2.
    • No Expiration on Migrated Data – There is currently no time limit or expiration date on accessing Destiny account data that was migrated to Destiny 2.

Apparently so if it means he can get a "I'm hitting the gym" comment in there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I don't mention I am going to the gym, then what the f is the point in going to the gym? Certainly not for the compliments I get from absolutely no one relating to my average physique and ugly face!

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Advertisement

I know the character import really means nothing, and will likely no effect the game in any way, but the nostalgic part of me wants to bring my Day 1 Hunter with me.

Advertisement