Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Seeing as it's a rolling launch, it's not crazy to think that if I buy it from the Australian marketplace it will unlock during the daytime right here right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wexdevil wrote: »
    Seeing as it's a rolling launch, it's not crazy to think that if I buy it from the Australian marketplace it will unlock during the daytime right here right?

Apparently so, but don't quote me on that. And then you'd be committed to the Australian PSN store for DLC etc

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Apparently so, but don't quote me on that. And then you'd be committed to the Australian PSN store for DLC etc

I was thinking of picking it up on the xbox, I already have the Collectors Edition pretty much payed off.

Someone please talk me out of buying a digital copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »

Well the servers for Destiny went live at 12am Australian time, 2pm GMT when it was launched. Should be the same with D2.

Gameseek will be selling Destiny 2 tomorrow for £30. This is not a scam, they gained a strong following earlier in the year for selling the Switch for £100 below retail earlier in the year.

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/dd/1371870

• Advertisement

This is not a scam

Thats exactly what a scammer would say!

Does it come with cheap Ray-Ban Sunglasses?

Thats exactly what a scammer would say!

Does it come with cheap Ray-Ban Sunglasses?

As I said they got a strong following earlier in the year for selling the Switch for £198.50. Think what you want though.

You'd think after 3 years you'd have a grasp of my sense of humour by now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well the servers for Destiny went live at 12am Australian time, 2pm GMT when it was launched. Should be the same with D2.

The talk is its a rolling release this time, so not the same as last time.

The talk is its a rolling release this time, so not the same as last time.

It was a rolling release last time too wrt digital activation, didn't stop people with disc copies logging in early.

• Advertisement

It was a rolling release last time too wrt digital activation, didn't stop people with disc copies logging in early.

It was completely unclear that is what you ment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I actually wasn't fully aware of this sequel. I'd hear it was happening, but after playing the original, loving it, then getting so disheartened none of my gaming mates go it I packed it in and havn't kept tabs.

Yesterday I spot it on the Battlenet launcher and realise its coming for PC. Then I speak with the lads to see they are interested, if not hyped about it.

THEN I have my evening raid, where during a 20 minute break, and gold rolling, I make 1.5million gold :D . So with some luck, might even get this game on the cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

TheDoc wrote: »
    I actually wasn't fully aware of this sequel. I'd hear it was happening, but after playing the original, loving it, then getting so disheartened none of my gaming mates go it I packed it in and havn't kept tabs.

Yesterday I spot it on the Battlenet launcher and realise its coming for PC. Then I speak with the lads to see they are interested, if not hyped about it.

THEN I have my evening raid, where during a 20 minute break, and gold rolling, I make 1.5million gold :D . So with some luck, might even get this game on the cheap !

Can WoW gold be used to purchase D2 though? I know it's possible for other Blizzard titles, but does that ability extend to D2?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can WoW gold be used to purchase D2 though? I know it's possible for other Blizzard titles, but does that ability extend to D2?

Destiny 2 is the first non blizzard title being made available through Battlenet, obviously due to the ties between Activision and Blizzard.

Did some googling, and there was an official announcement outlining that Destiny 2 could be purchased using monies available in your battlenet account( for a good while now you can change gold into money on your bnet account for bnet services) and Destiny 2 will be part of this, the game itself, along with services available to the game after launch

Some totally unverified rumours I saw yesterday saying there will be an updated to Destiny 1 the friday before D2 - which will contain two missions that will lead in to the Destiny 2 story - and a couple of cinematics as well.

Would be a nice finish to Destiny 1, and create some little more hype.

Would love it to be true.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Some totally unverified rumours I saw yesterday saying there will be an updated to Destiny 1 the friday before D2 - which will contain two missions that will lead in to the Destiny 2 story - and a couple of cinematics as well.

Would be a nice finish to Destiny 1, and create some little more hype.

Would love it to be true.

With a sparrow and ghost for your troubles aswell.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    With a sparrow and ghost for your troubles aswell.

Or maybe a choice of Shader to bring with you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or maybe a choice of Shader to bring with you?

Nope, rumour has it that along with the 2 mission you get a unique sparrow and ghost (That they believe will carry over into D2)

Where are these rumours appearing?

Where are these rumours appearing?

I seen it on the "Bungie Destiny" page on FB last night, it was a video from FB with all the details apparently.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't put any stock in that

I seen it on the "Bungie Destiny" page on FB last night, it was a video from FB with all the details apparently.

Hmmm. Can't find said video anywhere. Not appearing on Reddit. Could it be a fan made non official windup vid?

Hmmm. Can't find said video anywhere. Not appearing on Reddit. Could it be a fan made non official windup vid?

Im not too sure, I will have a look in a little bit for it.

I saw it on KingGothalion's twitter feed, but it was just him responding to someone asking him about it, rather than him putting the info out there.

As Generic said, I would put no stock in it, but it would be awesome to see. I would like to see them add something to D1 that leads in to D2, like the Owl Sector stuff before Rise of Iron (though did that actually link to RoI?)

This is what I found so far

Same thing I saw - obviously not official looking at all. If it is legit, we will know soon enough - Bungie would (I have to think) have to announce an upcoming patch - date and time of download, warnings to make space for it, don't interupt it etc. Have they every done a patch without announcing that it would be happening (not that they have to announce what is actually in it).

Transcribing from a Reddit post that was deleted? Calling it now:

giphy.gif

Transcribing from a Reddit post that was deleted? Calling it now:

giphy.gif

This is the rumours and gossip thread so its all good :P

This is the rumours and gossip thread so its all good :P

Very true

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Utter horsesh!t alright :pac:

Advertisement