Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Name and shame.....NAME AND SHAME!!!!

;):pac::eek:

I seem to recall some skirmishes on the COD forum but between two different clans. Also remember an all out war in the Battlefield clan at one point but don't know as I wasn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Name and shame.....NAME AND SHAME!!!!

;):pac::eek:

Ah just down through the years. CoD, Halo, BF, WoW. CS I found very toxic :D Wasn't involved in any of the clans or guilds, tbh the ones I tried I found the goals being very different to mine so it never worked out. There has been good experiences mind you, but I've just been playing games with the same group of lads now going on ten years, so we tend to be moving to the new things together. WoW has always been the core for all of us, but then Battlefield became a spinoff for a few of us in terms of FPS games.

So the likes of Destiny, Pubg and those squad based games, there is a group of us that always get into it. I remember the lads being very interested in Destiny but because it wasn't on PC they didn't bother with it on playstation, so this time around they should be involved!

I'm defo gonna pick it up anyway, be preordering this Friday on payday, and sure if I don't get traction I'll keep tabs here if people will let me tag along :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ah just down through the years. CoD, Halo, BF, WoW. CS I found very toxic :D Wasn't involved in any of the clans or guilds, tbh the ones I tried I found the goals being very different to mine so it never worked out. There has been good experiences mind you, but I've just been playing games with the same group of lads now going on ten years, so we tend to be moving to the new things together. WoW has always been the core for all of us, but then Battlefield became a spinoff for a few of us in terms of FPS games.

So the likes of Destiny, Pubg and those squad based games, there is a group of us that always get into it. I remember the lads being very interested in Destiny but because it wasn't on PC they didn't bother with it on playstation, so this time around they should be involved!

I'm defo gonna pick it up anyway, be preordering this Friday on payday, and sure if I don't get traction I'll keep tabs here if people will let me tag along :D

Your more than welcome to tag along at any stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i am going to have to step in and revoke that invitation - at least to any party I am involved with. I don't think anyone will want to hear the two of us argue the toss over various United players for 3 hours non-stop. BARKLEY IS NOT AN ANSWER, DOC! ;-p

Doesn't the "mute" function stand for Man Utd Talk Eraser?

• Advertisement

i am going to have to step in and revoke that invitation - at least to any party I am involved with. I don't think anyone will want to hear the two of us argue the toss over various United players for 3 hours non-stop. BARKLEY IS NOT AN ANSWER, DOC! ;-p

haha

Ah I don't talk footie when I game, lads i play with have no interest so I'm used to it.

Height of it would be landing mega rocket shots and shouting "Pogboom" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone talking football in a raid will be pushed off the 1st object you can be pushed off......especially UTD talk!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone talking football in a raid will be pushed off the 1st object you can be pushed off......especially UTD talk!!!

Yeah, your only allowed talk footy in the tower when playing with the floaty ball :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah, your only allowed talk footy in the farm when playing with the floaty ball :P

FYP

FYP

Destiny 2 isnt released yet :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

Destiny 2 isnt released yet :rolleyes: :D

Tow-may-toes Tow-mah-toes. The Tower is gone but it's not. I believe Destiny1 and 2 are in a bit of a Schrödinger flux at the moment. And anyway, football is nothing but a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas rolling around like they've been shot after someone brushes past them or takes the ball from them.

Tow-may-toes Tow-mah-toes. The Tower is gone but it's not. I believe Destiny1 and 2 are in a bit of a Schrödinger flux at the moment. And anyway, football is nothing but a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas rolling around like they've been shot after someone brushes past them or takes the ball from them.

After I do my raid on saturday I will agree with you :P

Football is great will ya stop, kicking a round object around a pitch, how more entertaining can you get like :P

After I do my raid on saturday I will agree with you :P

Football is great will ya stop, kicking a round object around a pitch, how more entertaining can you get like :P

GAA - Hard hitting tackles very little playacting guaranteed not to have a snorefest 70 min (90) nil nil draw.
    Rugby, of the union variety - Hard hitting tackles, even less playacting, true respect for officials, attritional 80 mins of legal bashing where everyone shakes hands at the end of the game and both teams applaud the other off the pitch.

Soccer - Fans segregated / violence / missile throwing
    GAA/Rugby - Fans mix, good natured banter, sharing a pint after regardless of affiliation.

Now, back on topic. :D

GAA - Hard hitting tackles very little playacting guaranteed not to have a snorefest 70 min (90) nil nil draw.
    Rugby, of the union variety - Hard hitting tackles, even less playacting, true respect for officials, attritional 80 mins of legal bashing where everyone shakes hands at the end of the game and both teams applaud the other off the pitch.

Soccer - Fans segregated / violence / missile throwing
    GAA/Rugby - Fans mix, good natured banter, sharing a pint after regardless of affiliation.

Now, back on topic. :D

Yeah think I'll pass on this community too thanks, it's not you, it's me <3

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah think I'll pass on this community too thanks, it's not you, it's me <3

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well the site got a lovely overhaul I have to say

https://www.bungie.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone see the leaked patrol gameplay?

edit - Here it is

^^^Lots of spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

This little one understands. She understands well.

9ppck2V.jpg?1

New House, New room, much cleaner looking than above

should put that on reddit and bask in upvotes until generic comes in like a big wet blanket and kills it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

looking forward to this:
    Madman2 wrote: »
    tis a joke , did anyone this side of the planet get in? Loads of my American teammates are playing and we cant even sign .
    Edit: been trying since 10 on the dot and it's now telling me 47 minutes later that im 21900 in the que ffs

Finally got my Digital Deluxe pre-order sorted out last night :) Roll on the 6th :D

• Advertisement

Did you get your internet fixed? With the speeds you were reporting the Xbox lads will have the PS exclusive stuff before you do.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did you get your internet fixed? With the speeds you were reporting the Xbox lads will have the PS exclusive stuff before you do.

Ah yeah twas only a blip with Sky the other day man, download speed of 100kb and upload speed of 20MB. I was raging cos I was in comp in overwatch when it hit and it screwed me bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ah yeah twas only a blip with Sky the other day man, download speed of 100kb and upload speed of 20MB. I was raging cos I was in comp in overwatch when it hit and it screwed me bad :(

Must be ****ing gremlins in the tinternets destroying everything from the outside in - the kids PC died yesterday and the internet went down for a whole 30 minutes resulting in the apocalypse in our house...

Managed to band aid the PC earlier so the apocalypse hasn't happened today so far...

I'm hesitant to read back a few pages of this thread as I saw a YouTube thumbnail last night saying a load of **** leaked for D2 like missions in the Euro zone - how much of a leak are we talking?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm hesitant to read back a few pages of this thread as I saw a YouTube thumbnail last night saying a load of **** leaked for D2 like missions in the Euro zone - how much of a leak are we talking?

Dunno, but all the vids have been taken down for Copyright Infringements. No details posted here of what vids contained, so read away Fieldy, read away.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fieldog wrote: »
    Must be ****ing gremlins in the tinternets destroying everything from the outside in - the kids PC died yesterday and the internet went down for a whole 30 minutes resulting in the apocalypse in our house...

Managed to band aid the PC earlier so the apocalypse hasn't happened today so far...

The game is just brexit propoganda, stupid immigrants coming in and ruining our tower :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    stupid immigrants coming in and ruining our tower :pac:

Dont worry, I am sure we can get BOBSKI the POLISH BUILDER to get it fixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dont worry, I am sure we can get BOBSKI the POLISH BUILDER to get it fixed up

Can he fix it! No it's f**ked!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Obviously watch at your own risk that one. But, less than 2 weeks out, and during the beta only playing Homecoming to get to PvP, not touching the Strike, I'll be passing on this one. I want PvE to be a surprise for me. Exclusively playing PvP in the beta allowed me to appreciate their idea behind 4v4, and the new format grew on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've watched the video for science amist the kerfuffle of it being released before the embargo and posted to Reddit.

It genuinely is the tipping point where you will no longer feel any additional "Hpye" but you will feel like that new game sheen and excitement is starting to be peeled away.

As Solvable said, the game is out in 12 days, best to stick your head in the sand now and spend time with your loved ones and wrap up any other games you're playing (or watch me streaming Darkest Dungeon DLC tonight and other evenings, just saying :P)

At this stage, you're either gonna buy the game, or you're not. Nothing you see in leaked gameplay trailers will convince you otherwise tbh and those that are "on the fence" will be more likely influenced by reviews and feedback after the games launch

TL:DR: Don't bother watching leaked EDZ footage for your own good if you want to really enjoy your 1st playthrough at launch time

Advertisement