Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not going to watch it myself, would rather it all to be a surprise ...

(everything post Gary anyway)

I have an idea where they are going with the story but I definitely need a few surprises myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've watched the video for science amist the kerfuffle of it being released before the embargo and posted to Reddit.

It genuinely is the tipping point where you will no longer feel any additional "Hpye" but you will feel like that new game sheen and excitement is starting to be peeled away.

As Solvable said, the game is out in 12 days, best to stick your head in the sand now and spend time with your loved ones and wrap up any other games you're playing (or watch me streaming Darkest Dungeon DLC tonight and other evenings, just saying :P)

At this stage, you're either gonna buy the game, or you're not. Nothing you see in leaked gameplay trailers will convince you otherwise tbh and those that are "on the fence" will be more likely influenced by reviews and feedback after the games launch

TL:DR: Don't bother watching leaked EDZ footage for your own good if you want to really enjoy your 1st playthrough at launch time

I've been back playing D1 off and on now for a few weeks.

The anticipation for D2 was too much although playing the first game again feels like a waste of time as nothing is transferring over to the new game.

Still fun though.

Might do as you're saying though. Family time before the divorce that will inevitably ensue!

According to the Destiny app I'm nearly 400 hours in! Not a lot to some here but **** me that's a LOT for me.

Roll on launch day!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

snitches get stitches

I won't be watching any of the patrol stuff myself, want to keep it fresh for launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

wow wow wow

LEarned last night PC version sin't out until October? What is that about?

Pulling out of a pre-order, will see how it goes on release if its any use or not. Open beta coming up sounds interesting to try but not too impressed to hear its delayed that much on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

TheDoc wrote: »
    wow wow wow

Pulling out of a pre-order, will see how it goes on release if its any use or not. Open beta coming up sounds interesting to try but not too impressed to hear its delayed that much on PC.

It's not delayed at all. It was never scheduled for release any earlier on PC. They held off on announcing a release date somewhat but never said it would be released earlier than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wow wow wow

Yeah it's handy that we get to test it for you :) It'll probably be a horrid mess online & probably be sorted in time for the PC launch. From what I remember a lot of youtubers who got a go on it said the PC version was significantly better than console. Some jargon about 60 fps or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

wow wow wow

It's not delayed at all. It was never scheduled for release any earlier on PC. They held off on announcing a release date somewhat but never said it would be released earlier than that.

I think having it launch later than console is a good move. Forget about sales and disenfranchised fans and all that. This is their first outing on PC. They want to get it right, first time. They want it to hit the ground running. They want it to have all the bells and whistles all other PC FPS' have on release and for there not to be any issues.

How many ports from console have happened over the last number of years have been an absolute clusterfcuk of fcukaboutery? They do not want their massively successful IP appearing on PC for the first time to be a stinker in any way shape or form.

Granted I didn't use the word delayed, but was a quote in an article I read last night when I heard about this.

They were gunning for simultaneous release, then toyed with the idea of pushing back for all platforms, then settled on console release first then dropping PC version later "to ensure it was right and we were happy with it"

On one hand I'm like cool, you botch a release your game is dead on PC. On the other hand, I'm now concerned it might have been sublet/contracted to another dev house to port from console. If it was developed and then ported, I'd say its gonna stick out like a sore thumb to PC gamers and not be well received.

It put me immediately on the negative last night chatting with the lads, and hopefully it is well received on console launch to make me pick it up.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah it's handy that we get to test it for you :) It'll probably be a horrid mess online & probably be sorted in time for the PC launch. From what I remember a lot of youtubers who got a go on it said the PC version was significantly better than console. Some jargon about 60 fps or something.

It's been reported it is uncapped on PC, even a youtube clip on this thread(or in the pc thread for the game) of it saying 4k res and uncapped FPS.

60fps is a minimum expectation for a PC game of this magnitude, nevermind an FPS game released on PC.

Graphically/visually PC will always trump, if designed correctly, I'd be more concerned about a port in terms of sensitivity and response of a mouse (much faster than console joypad) and the mechanical stuff not just being a console port, which feels clunky and immediately unappealing on PC

This open beta I guess will tell, defo gonna check it out next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah the one thing I always banged on about was the gunplay in this game. The character movement/feel is very good in comparison to most console FPSs imo. Be interesting to see how it transfers over to KB+M on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm now concerned it might have been sublet/contracted to another dev house to port from console. If it was developed and then ported, I'd say its gonna stick out like a sore thumb to PC gamers and not be well received.

It put me immediately on the negative last night chatting with the lads, and hopefully it is well received on console launch to make me pick it up.

Vicarious Visions are developing the PC version of D2.
    It's been reported it is uncapped on PC, even a youtube clip on this thread(or in the pc thread for the game) of it saying 4k res and uncapped FPS.

60fps is a minimum expectation for a PC game of this magnitude, nevermind an FPS game released on PC.

Graphically/visually PC will always trump, if designed correctly, I'd be more concerned about a port in terms of sensitivity and response of a mouse (much faster than console joypad) and the mechanical stuff not just being a console port, which feels clunky and immediately unappealing on PC

This open beta I guess will tell, defo gonna check it out next week

Yeah it's uncapped at 4K. Looks glorious

Yeah it's uncapped at 4K. Looks glorious

Looking forward to having a go of the kids 4K 60fps Destiny 2 on PC with the beta out soon...

I haven't played KB & M in years so I'll just rock out with the Xbox One controller but I will be playing on my Pro as that's where my Destiny homies be... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I designed our (superior) Clan 2 Emblem

yrVXMi4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Picked up some destiny 2 rockstar today, now I just need the poptarts!

wexdevil wrote: »
    Picked up some destiny 2 rockstar today, now I just need the poptarts!

I was looking for the Pop Tarts in Tesco in the Yankee section but could not see them...

Is there a code with the energy drink stuff?

Probably only works on US account

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, for the poptarts promotion you need a valid proof of purchase (receipt) dated from Sept 1st onwards to avail of the double XP :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I designed our (superior) Clan 2 Emblem

yrVXMi4.jpg

Nope.... we need a flaming hammer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

becoming near impossible to avoid spoilers now. Very annoying.

Not even looking for info - but my twitter feed yesterday was full of links to youtube videos with titles of "Destiny 2 Info:
    Taken King Subclasses Return!
    "

Just don't feel why these people need to specify the spoiler in the title of the videos. Could have just said
    Destiny 2: New subclass information confirmed!
    - would have specified what the video was about, allowed people to go in if they want to - and not spoil the information for people looking to avoid it.

Obviously the spoiler tags are so I don't spoil the info for anyone on this thread - they just had it in plain text.

Easy, dont go on twatter/facebook etc and you will avoid spoilers :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't see how any of that stuff would constitute a spoiler. It's not like they revealed that Jon Snow is Kaiser Soze or something, they're just basic features in the game, they're not even new content.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't see how any of that stuff would constitute a spoiler. It's not like they revealed that Jon Snow is Kaiser Soze or something, they're just basic features in the game, they're not even new content.

I saw a thumbnail that kind of spoiled something myself the other night...

And sure Bungie posted a character I never even saw on FB yesterday so it's kind of difficult to avoid it at this stage...

Didn't know Jon Snow was Kaiser Soze either, may aswell give up GoT now... :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fieldog wrote: »

Didn't know Jon Snow was Kaiser Soze either, may aswell give up GoT now... :D

Oh damn, I assumed everyone had watched last week's episode :pac:

Then why weren't they revealed previously in the game marketing? Why didn't we see them in Beta etc? Why did Bungie not talk about them before? Why was their existence hidden? Why did bungie specifically ask Edge not to talk about them in the article they have in this months cover story? It is information that has been hidden up until 10 days before the game comes out - to reveal it now (from a bungie perspective) is fine, but they should be treated as spoilers.

You have to do in game stuff to get them, so it is a spoiler imo. The fact they are in the game, and hidden up to this point, makes them a spoiler now imo.

Same with if I wanted to avoid the latest trailer - the fact a load of video's had
    Gary has the Speaker captured
    is a spoiler imo. what had happened there was still somewhat questionable, and I haven't watched the trailer, but the video titles told me.

I don't want to see any more in game material, I am avoiding it all as I consider it spoilers at this point. I think it unreasonable to think people won't go on social media at all, and I don't think content creators should be thinking that their followers should block, unfollow or mute them until D2 comes out. I'm not saying they should not discuss these topics - they have to for their living - but they can simply be a bit more considerate with regards to how they name their material.

Still don't see how knowing any of that stuff would ruin the game, unless it isn't a good game to begin with. Each to their own though of course, but you're taking a risk looking at this thread this close to release if you're that particular about details like that. Discussion of trailers and the like is bound to happen as anticipation builds.

Still don't see how knowing any of that stuff would ruin the game, unless it isn't a good game to begin with. Each to their own though of course, but you're taking a risk looking at this thread this close to release if you're that particular about details like that.

there has been loads of questions about those specific things though.

I'm annoyed bungie allowed it to be announced to be honest - how cool would it have been to be going through your missions and then BAM, there it is? Considering we got to 10 days out of where that could have bene the case do you not think that odd?

Put it this way - if it had been secret until launch and then someone spammed this thread or the communities chat or whatever with that info at 1am onwards, before loads of people (maybe you) had got a chance to get that far, would you not have been a bit annoyed? Would you not think "could you not have been quiet about it and let me experience that bit of shock and surprise myself in game?"

If it had been announced months back, along with similar features, and simply shown off yesterday then fine - 0 issue. But the fact we are SSSSSSSOOOOOOO close to release before this comes out.. its annoying. Bungie people have even said themselves that they'd have considered from a week ago a great time to go dark on D2 news if you don't want bits of the game spoiled.

there has been loads of questions about those specific things though.

I'm annoyed bungie allowed it to be announced to be honest - how cool would it have been to be going through your missions and then BAM, there it is? Considering we got to 10 days out of where that could have bene the case do you not think that odd?

Put it this way - if it had been secret until launch and then someone spammed this thread or the communities chat or whatever with that info at 1am onwards, before loads of people (maybe you) had got a chance to get that far, would you not have been a bit annoyed? Would you not think "could you not have been quiet about it and let me experience that bit of shock and surprise myself in game?"

If it had been announced months back, along with similar features, and simply shown off yesterday then fine - 0 issue. But the fact we are SSSSSSSOOOOOOO close to release before this comes out.. its annoying. Bungie people have even said themselves that they'd have considered from a week ago a great time to go dark on D2 news if you don't want bits of the game spoiled.

They're trying to build hype up to release by releasing information bit by bit I guess. I wouldn't have been even slightly annoyed by hearing about unlocking subclasses or the like before playing the game. Any surprising plot points in the campaign that weren't revealed in the trailer fair enough yeah but not that sort of thing, if anything I'd be actively seeking out that kind of info if I hadn't gotten to play the game yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Playboy bunny for a clan emblem.....you havin a larf!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Playboy bunny for a clan emblem.....you havin a larf!

Ehhh the jade rabbit emblem ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nope.... we need a flaming hammer :P

634d442facebc75116f03c1a88b04fecf563e74ca966a37fb999b20055586135.jpg
    becoming near impossible to avoid spoilers now. Very annoying.

Not even looking for info - but my twitter feed yesterday was full of....

Stay off Twitter, it's not life or death, just don't use it.
    It's an opt in system, you're choosing to follow people who post this stuff, if you want to stay on twitter, unfollow them.
    Same goes for Podcasts, YT, etc, and this stage if you want to "go dark" you need to actively do it, you can't expect to not see stuff cause you didn't go digging, it's gonna be front and centre in your face no matter what (this goes for everyone, not just you personally)
    think it unreasonable to think people won't go on social media at all

You are following people whose entire career is dedicated to generating the most Destiny related Traffic as possible, through any means necessary, tbf

I actually unsubscribed to /r/DestinyTheGame :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ehhh the jade rabbit emblem ;)

You say tomateo I say tomato!!!!

The hack of it...:eek::D

Advertisement