Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I only came about when TTK was released, I played the beta etc and I kept my eye on the game until I got it. I understand that at the start it was very weak in terms of story but to me it ended quiet well from a story point of view in that they pulled it from the gutter and actually gave it some direction, as I said the new team that done TTK are doing the story this time around so I have confidence it will be done alot better :)

It did end well but you have to understand some people picked up Destiny for the story and the story at the start was seriously lacking. This caused an awful lot of people to just drift away.

I bought it for the story mode, i loved Halo campaign and was expecting Bungie to deliver (very few online friends before buying Destiny and the ones i did have only played COD) but stick around when we got regular Raid Groups going, only for those groups o probably would have drifted away as well before the improvement in TTK.

Still my most played game ever and I'm glad i stick it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

emmetkenny wrote: »

I bought it for the story mode, i loved Halo campaign and was expecting Bungie to deliver (very few online friends before buying Destiny and the ones i did have only played COD) but stick around when we got regular Raid Groups going, only for those groups o probably would have drifted away as well before the improvement in TTK.

Still my most played game ever and I'm glad i stick it out.

I think that is it, the story was poor and unless you went playing PvP, raids etc. you would just move on. I put some serious time into the game - but I was collecting, raiding and PvP'ing for most of it.
    I do expect the story/campaign to be better this time round and hopefully they can do more regular focused updates during the lifetime of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I only came about when TTK was released, I played the beta etc and I kept my eye on the game until I got it. I understand that at the start it was very weak in terms of story but to me it ended quiet well from a story point of view in that they pulled it from the gutter and actually gave it some direction, as I said the new team that done TTK are doing the story this time around so I have confidence it will be done alot better :)

Technically a lot of the same people working on D1 are on D2 too.

Luke Smith is the guy that you are thinking of, he was the dude who spearheaded the VoG day 1.

He was told to begin working on TTK from Destinys Vanilla Launch (including Kings Fall Raid).
    The Dark Below and House of Wolves Raid/PoE were handled by some other guys (see: Not Luke Smith) hence why Crotas End is considered by many (not me) to be a "weaker" raid than VoG or KF
    (Sidenote: unnecessary scape goating if you ask me. I hated the artificial difficulty that CE provided when it came out, but liked how it was a different Raid and had a different feel, much like how WotM feels different to KF etc, variety is the spice of life)

Bungie is essentially still one large main dev team, with a smaller "Live Team" who have handled the Seasonal Events (SRL, Halloween, Dawning, Crimson Doubles, AoE) and Rise of Iron (in it's entirety?)

It's essentially "Where is Luke Smith now and how many Bungie Drone has he orbiting him helping him produce content?"
    Penn wrote: »
    Oh definitely. I know I didn't get the full experience from D1 playing almost solely solo (did do a good few strikes and stuff with randomers to moderate success). And I know the PvP is largely balanced in most regards so equipment and level doesn't really matter, but in terms of going back to the game after such a long break, I just felt I'd be crushed regardless by people who'd been playing it since release just on pure experience of the game.

I did join a Boards group here for a while but I think my interest started to go in the game just before the first raid came out. By that point, I'd kinda burned myself out on repeated grinding and got incredibly annoyed at the in-game economy system with different types of currency/marks to buy different things (though I understand this was later largely replaced by one currency) and constant repetitive bounties.

I just mostly hate using headsets in games and having to arrange to play at certain times etc. I'm a contrary f*ck like that :D

Jaysus, even if you did nothing else than log in and play the single player (and random match made 3 player Co-op content) you'd be doing yourself a serious diservice not picking up "Destiny: The Collection"

I've played a lot of different games, and played a lot of different DLCs.
    Destiny Vanilla is about 1/3rd the Size of Destiny + DLCs
    This isn't like Borderlands 2 where the DLC is lauded as "The best example of how to do DLC" (in a lot of ways cause Vanilla Destiny was so bare bones) and added ~100% (?) more content. This is more of the order of 200% more content.

And I'm not even really focusing on PvP at all there, or Raids.

This sounds like it's going to require a table.... hmmmm :o

Penn, I found some info on the amount of content and did a Table of my own

So I have left out all PvP maps completely (atm, I'll add them later),
    If you look at just the top 5 rows (ignoring Raids and "Extra Stuff) you get the below.
    Basically Vanilla Destiny had 31 pieces of (matchmade, no requirement to form a group for Raids et) Content, the game now has 85-90 pieces of content.

So my rough maths of a 200% increase checks out :)

Vanilla Free Extras Since Vanilla The Dark Below House of Wolves The Taken King Rise of Iron Total
    Core Missions 20 1 3 5 19 5 53
    Strikes 6 1 2 1 4 1 15
    Social Spaces 1 - - 1 1 3
    Patrol Areas 4 - - - 1 1 6
    Prison Of Elders Room Types - - - 4 4 - 8
    Raids 1 - 1 - 1 1 4
    Extra Stuff - - - PoE added 1-3 New Subclasses, 2 Exotic Missions, 1-3 Subclass Missions 3 Exotic Missions 0
    31 2 5 11 28 8 85

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54jxtl/every_destiny_mission_in_order_of_occurrence/

https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Story_Missions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If you look at just the top 5 rows (ignoring Raids and "Extra Stuff) you get the below.
    Basically Vanilla Destiny had 31 pieces of (matchmade, no requirement to form a group for Raids et) Content, the game now has 85-90 pieces of content.

Vanilla Free Extras Since Vanilla The Dark Below House of Wolves The Taken King Rise of Iron Total
    Strikes 6 1 2 1 4 1 15
    Social Spaces 1 - - 1 1 3
    Patrol Areas 4 - - - 1 1 6
    Prison Of Elders Room Types - - - 4 4 - 8
    Raids 1 - 1 - 1 1 4
    Extra Stuff - - - PoE added 1-3 New Subclasses, 2 Exotic Missions, 1-3 Subclass Missions 3 Exotic Missions 0
    31 2 5 11 28 8 85

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54jxtl/every_destiny_mission_in_order_of_occurrence/

https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Story_Missions

7c3e0cef-8a08-4ef1-ab8f-d036bbaa165e.jpg

quantity doesn't make something better. lots of those missions are just 'go to a place and scan something, then protect the ghost from 3 waves of enemies'

also calling 'social spaces' content is a bit of a stretch, none of them do anything that couldn't have been done at the tower, if anything its just creating the illusion of quantity making you run around from vendor to vendor, before you know it you've half an hour wasted in getting set up for your nights actual gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I definitely don't doubt the amount of content added post-release, it's just that since D2 is coming now in a few months, I'll probably just wait for it instead and start afresh, free from the annoyances I felt with the game at the time and free to enjoy the PvP without feeling like I'll be so inexperienced compared to everyone else.

Well, depending on whether I get bored with other games too quickly and need something different to play, then I might give it a quick punt for a while.

Meme

quantity doesn't make something better. lots of those missions are just 'go to a place and scan something, then protect the ghost from 3 waves of enemies'

also calling 'social spaces' content is a bit of a stretch, none of them do anything that couldn't have been done at the tower, if anything its just creating the illusion of quantity making you run around from vendor to vendor, before you know it you've half an hour wasted in getting set up for your nights actual gaming.

My logic was that if he enjoyed the initial "Do these ~25 PvE activities for €60" day one, he may enjoy "Do ~40 more PvE things, some in new places, some in old for €30". It's really that simple.

Take the 3 social spaces out of the example if you want. It only makes a difference of ~3.5% of what I listed. I just included them for the sake of it since some people get enjoyment/excitement out of them even if it is just the 1st time they visit for 5 minutes

Some people enjoy "more of the same please". It's what entire developers, series and gaming ethos are built on

Heck, remove everything from the table but Missions and Strikes and it looks like this

Strikes 6 1 2 1 4 1 15
    26 2 5 6 23 6 68

Some missions are boring. Some are fast. Some are tough. Some are long. For every rubbish "shoot 25 guys before Malok appears and the f**ks off" mission, there is one like Paradox which is lore heavy, long (as missions go), has some mechanics and a boss and an alternative ending

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

also calling 'social spaces' content is a bit of a stretch, none of them do anything that couldn't have been done at the tower

Well there's a medal available for ringing bells in the RoI social space. And the quest for climbing the mountain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Tbf, most games single player campaigns follow very similar patterns mechanics wise. Destiny's big ticket items for mechanics and **** are the raids and PVP.

A good follow up story would be nice, but secondary to excellent shared experience content, for me.

Destiny 2 Trailer Thursday at 6pm Irish Time

https://www.destinythegame.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

****ing Cabal. Yessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bar confirmed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah ima get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yesterday was a good day, Destiny 2 trailer for a trailer, a new series of TPB and a new QOTSA album finished...

Way better than your average Tuesday! :)

The CGI looks way better I have to say, Cayde looks slick....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day, Destiny 2 trailer for a trailer, a new series of TPB and a new QOTSA album finished...

Way better than your average Tuesday! :)

The CGI looks way better I have to say, Cayde looks slick....

Hopefully they will go a bit more down this road with regards to the story; I always felt the story from the first one was a bit lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Hopefully they will go a bit more down this road with regards to the story; I always felt the story from the first one was a bit lacking.

I agree, hopefully it will be a bit more cohesive from the get go and we don't have to wait for TTK V2.0 to get a decent story that makes sense... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I agree, hopefully it will be a bit more cohesive from the get go and we don't have to wait for TTK V2.0 to get a decent story that makes sense... :)

I wouldn't even mind, but I love the gameplay in it so I guess its not a major issue, it'd be nice to see the universe expanded a bit.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A few pre-rendered cutscenes like that in the final game would be no harm at all. Oh and we better be able to skip them at launch too :P

More possible leaks/info etc surrounding the collectors edition and premise of Destiny 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/62d67f/destiny_2_massive_leak_collectors_edition_content/
    I'm Knoss from the Spanish source universodestiny.com
    Today I'm bringing to you a massive leak on Destiny 2. Our source from a popular retailer sends us a brief presentation that I just translated to English
    From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.
    The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.
    So the picture of Cayde-6 translates as "preorder and get early access to the beta" (I assume it will go public as in Destiny 1 at some point) and the Cayde-6 is as we know a preorder bonus too. Yes the game will be available on PC.
    Collector's edition includes
    Destiny 2 game
    Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it's basically the same as Destiny 1)
    Legendary sword DLC
    Legendary emote DLC
    Cabal empire emblem DLC
    "Frontier" physical bag you can carry around with a 15" tablet pocket
    "Frontier" kit including USBcharger with solar panel
    A paracord
    A solar rug
    Limited edition steelbook
    Collector's edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire" (idk what this actually means)
    Limited edition includes
    Destiny 2 base game
    Expansions I and II
    The previously explained DLC
    The steelbook
    The premium box and all the stuff inside
    PC boxart http://imgur.com/3hTSV6E Synopsis (Spanish) http://imgur.com/8uyJvrA Cayde-6 and preorder to access beta http://imgur.com/c9U0YXc Collector's edition content http://imgur.com/E6GGG73 Limited edition content http://imgur.com/xuv0Ceg
    We are currently working on it. Please visit Universo Destiny for more details. You can also follow us on Twitter @DestinyUniverso for any updates.
    http://www.universodestiny.com/sinopsis-oficial-destiny-2-exclusiva-universo-destiny/
    EDIT: Brief explanation from the pictures added to the post. EDIT 2: Cayde-6 figure and collector's edition are exclusive to GAME in Spain. It will probably be exclusive to Gamestop in the US, can't confirm that. EDIT 3: I just saw the boxes for the game, LE and CE. They don't let me show you yet but will post them when I get greenlight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

More possible leaks/info etc surrounding the collectors edition and premise of Destiny 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/62d67f/destiny_2_massive_leak_collectors_edition_content/

can't access in work........ summary??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Main bit was the contents of the collectors/limited editions, nothing you wouldn't have guessed really:

Collector's edition includes
    • Destiny 2 game
    • Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it's basically the same as Destiny 1)
    • Legendary sword DLC
    • Legendary emote DLC
    • Cabal empire emblem DLC
    • "Frontier" physical bag you can carry around with a 15" tablet pocket
    • "Frontier" kit including USBcharger with solar panel
    • A paracord
    • A solar rug
    • Limited edition steelbook
    • Collector's edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire" (idk what this actually means)

Limited edition includes
    • Destiny 2 base game
    • Expansions I and II
    • The previously explained DLC
    • The steelbook
    • The premium box and all the stuff inside

Also said it's coming to PC and pre-orders get early beta access.

Oh and I missed the bit about the premise:
    From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.
    The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:

Earth and last city overrun... Red Legion led by Ghaul on the rampage... Fight through solar system to reclaim Earth.

Bare in mind this is all "Unconfirmed" right now. I'd advise waiting 5 hours and seeing what the official word is in the Leak video

And low and behold, he's deleted the content of that post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That summary of the plot, is that random joe written or meant to be cut a PR leak?

"You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System" What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That summary of the plot, is that random joe written or meant to be cut a PR leak?

"You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System" What?

Supposedly translated from Spanish. So if he used google translate, the engrish would be not the goodest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bare in mind this is all "Unconfirmed" right now. I'd advise waiting 5 hours and seeing what the official word is in the Leak video

Forgot about the trailer tonight... CHOO CHOOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Forgot about the trailer tonight... CHOO CHOOOOOOO!!!!

uCBwz8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How much do yous reckon the Collector's Edition will cost? Those goodies sound tempting

I dunno what a solar rug is but I want one

Advertisement