Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidls version of the Nutribullet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

skinny90 wrote: »
    Did it last night. Already dispatched

Hom much was it, including postage and exchange rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

I put in 50 euro and got 39.78 pound. Spent 29 out of the 39 pound. AP should cost circa 3.95 to Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Didn't know this offer was on. Got a Nutribullet pro for my birthday last December, with a view to improving fruit/veg intake and sorting out my frankly embarrassing cholesterol levels, which were measured at 6.2 about three years ago. That was the 'bad' LDL cholesterol. The 'good' stuff's reading was so low it registered as zero. Being a typical bloke, I made no changes and never went back to see had it improved or otherwise. 'Be grand', I thought. Anyway, about a month ago I took a notion to go for a recheck, just to see where things stand today. Now, just for context, I made no other significant changes to my lifestyle. I was always active. Just had a terrible diet. The only change was diet. Just the smoothies. Spinach, porridge oats, yoghurt, walnuts, almonds, berries, fruit, honey and seeds. I have two a day, for breakfast and lunch. The big cup, full to the brim. Very filling.

When I went in for the blood test the nurse looked shocked. She'd expected to see a 25st man coming through the door, based on my old results. Obviously genetic she said. At serious risk of heart attack or stroke. Bad luck. Statins for me. Family history etc. A few days after the test I phoned for the results. She wouldn't tell me. I had to see the doctor to get them. I made the appointment and went in, expecting bad news. What I was told was that he had never seen such remarkable results, especially given that the only change (which he had a hard time taking my word for) was diet. So, I now have an overall cholesterol score of 4.2. I've taken it as a bit of a challenge. Triglycerides are still a bit high. They don't respond well to statins, so we're not bothering. I'll continue the food stuff, and up the aerobic exercise, and plan to go back for another test in August. Aiming to get it down to under 4. :D

Moral of the story? These yokes are a simple and effective way to eat really well. Use them. They don't belong at the back of a cupboard!

Good for Enda 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

endacl wrote: »
    Didn't know this offer was on. Got a Nutribullet pro for my birthday last December, with a view to improving fruit/veg intake and sorting out my frankly embarrassing cholesterol levels, which were measured at 6.2 about three years ago. That was the 'bad' LDL cholesterol. The 'good' stuff's reading was so low it registered as zero. Being a typical bloke, I made no changes and never went back to see had it improved or otherwise. 'Be grand', I thought. Anyway, about a month ago I took a notion to go for a recheck, just to see where things stand today. Now, just for context, I made no other significant changes to my lifestyle. I was always active. Just had a terrible diet. The only change was diet. Just the smoothies. Spinach, porridge oats, yoghurt, walnuts, almonds, berries, fruit, honey and seeds. I have two a day, for breakfast and lunch. The big cup, full to the brim. Very filling.

When I went in for the blood test the nurse looked shocked. She'd expected to see a 25st man coming through the door, based on my old results. Obviously genetic she said. At serious risk of heart attack or stroke. Bad luck. Statins for me. Family history etc. A few days after the test I phoned for the results. She wouldn't tell me. I had to see the doctor to get them. I made the appointment and went in, expecting bad news. What I was told was that he had never seen such remarkable results, especially given that the only change (which he had a hard time taking my word for) was diet. So, I now have an overall cholesterol score of 4.2. I've taken it as a bit of a challenge. Triglycerides are still a bit high. They don't respond well to statins, so we're not bothering. I'll continue the food stuff, and up the aerobic exercise, and plan to go back for another test in August. Aiming to get it down to under 4. :D

Moral of the story? These yokes are a simple and effective way to eat really well. Use them. They don't belong at the back of a cupboard!

Total respect man and fair play for sharing...

NOW I MUST FIND ONE AT A BARGAIN PRICE>>>>

Cheers for sharing, can't wait for mine
    @sunny if you look up 2-3 posts you'll see how to get one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

skinny90 wrote: »
    Cheers for sharing, can't wait for mine
    @sunny if you look up 2-3 posts you'll see how to get one now

Thanks skinny, the HUT option is out of stock and I cant do the whole parcel service thingy to get something from the UK...

I did it two nights ago for the first time via the post office. It's actually quite easy, just get the address the post office gives you and use the revolut card in sterling(again it's really easy to set up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭degzs

I see Nutrition Mix Pro (900W) for sale at 49:99 in Lidl. Is there better ones for sale at this price, seems to be good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

degzs wrote: »
    I see Nutrition Mix Pro (900W) for sale at 49:99 in Lidl. Is there better ones for sale at this price, seems to be good value

I bought one and don't regret it. So handy. I have a big smoothie maker but stopped using it due to the cleaning and hassle involved.

This ones great as it makes me a smoothie and rinses clean in seconds ready for its next go.

I've never used a nutribullet but having used a proper big smoothie maker I don't see any difference in the quality.

€50 well spent in my eyes.

Aldi - Available in store on Thu 08 Sep

Mini Food Processor 24.99
    https://www.aldi.ie/mini-food-processor/p/093760056127800

Nutrient Power Blender 99.99
    https://www.aldi.ie/nutrient-power-blender/p/071237046268600

Get there at opening time on Thu 08 Sep, these sold out in minutes earlier this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Aldi - Available in store on Thu 08 Sep

Mini Food Processor 24.99
    https://www.aldi.ie/mini-food-processor/p/093760056127800

Nutrient Power Blender 99.99
    https://www.aldi.ie/nutrient-power-blender/p/071237046268600

Get there at opening time on Thu 08 Sep, these sold out in minutes earlier this year.

how would the nutrient blender compare to the nutribullet considering its 89.99 in argos at the moment
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1463237/Trail/searchtext%3ENUTRIBULLET.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

TPM wrote: »
    how would the nutrient blender compare to the nutribullet considering its 89.99 in argos at the moment
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1463237/Trail/searchtext%3ENUTRIBULLET.htm

Aldi one has

a bigger jug (2l vs 0.69L)

more power ( 2000W motor, with blades rotating up to 32,000 times per minute vs 600w at 20,000 RPM

more speed settings rather than the nutri which just has the one

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Lidl one has

a bigger jug (2l vs 0.69L)

more power ( 2000W motor, with blades rotating up to 32,000 times per minute vs 600w at 20,000 RPM

more speed settings rather than the nutri which just has the one

didnt see any in lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

TPM wrote: »
    didnt see any in lidl

always getting confused with them 2 germans :D id be going with the aldi one myself nutribullet your paying for the brand and not the quality :)

• Advertisement

`yea you often pay over the odds for the name, but you can also get replacement blades etc for the nutrbullet easy enough.
    i know aldi has good warranty but not sure if that would cover "ware" parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Lidl City West still had these a couple of days ago, weren't selling very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Lidl in Drogheda (Donore Rd not sure about Mell) had about 20 of these last night. Going to pick one up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

A tonne of these in my local Lidl. I hope they get reduced...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Deepwinter

I bought one a couple weeks ago, and I'm going to bring it back.

The motor smells like it's burning and there have been Sparks coming out of the ventilation slots.

Anyone else have this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Deepwinter wrote: »
    I bought one a couple weeks ago, and I'm going to bring it back.

The motor smells like it's burning and there have been Sparks coming out of the ventilation slots.

Anyone else have this problem.

Yes i definatley smell the burning from the motor but no sparks thankfully
    i only use it in 3/5 second bursts i dont have it on any longer.

Advertisement