Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice town in Louth/Meath

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Thanks for this but not sure why you sent it?

Are there any nice walks around Drogheda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Are there any nice walks around Drogheda?

The Oldbridge Estate (Battle of the Boyne Site)

The riverside walk out from the town to the Oldbridge Site

Boyne Canal

Port Beach

Bettystown / Laytown Beach

Gormanstown Beach

Jawgap wrote: »
    The Oldbridge Estate (Battle of the Boyne Site)

The riverside walk out from the town to the Oldbridge Site

Boyne Canal

Port Beach

Bettystown / Laytown Beach

Gormanstown Beach

Thanks very much for that. I love canal walks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

That's a great list from Jawgap.

The Oldbridge estate is beautiful, they have done a great job with it.

You can also walk along the canal towards Navan from Oldbridge (there were some comments here that you could walk all the way to Navan).

And on the otherside of the river from Oldbridge Estate has a lovely forest trail.

There's also a fairly short but very nice riverside walk along the Nanny starting from Sonairte - the advantage bring when you're done you can go have one of their lovely scones with a coffee.

There's also a fairly short but very nice riverside walk along the Nanny starting from Sonairte - the advantage bring when you're done you can go have one of their lovely scones with a coffee.

Oh thanks so much that sounds lovely. I love scones! The only down sides about riverside walks is when the ground is wet.

positron wrote: »
    That's a great list from Jawgap.

The Oldbridge estate is beautiful, they have done a great job with it.

You can also walk along the canal towards Navan from Oldbridge (there were some comments here that you could walk all the way to Navan).

And on the otherside of the river from Oldbridge Estate has a lovely forest trail.

Thanks the Oldbridge estate sounds exactly my type of thing and I love forest trails as well. I'm not sure about walking all the way to Navan though:)

Thanks the Oldbridge estate sounds exactly my type of thing and I love forest trails as well. I'm not sure about walking all the way to Navan though:)

Nice, if expensive, tea rooms there overlooking the gardens!

....go for a walk, stay for the scones!

• Advertisement

Nice, if expensive, tea rooms there overlooking the gardens!

....go for a walk, stay for the scones!

Sounds good, why are you exiled in Meath by the way?

Sounds good, why are you exiled in Meath by the way?

....because I couldn't afford to buy in Dublin :D

I'm a pilgrim in an unholy land........

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jeamimus

Dundalk for the larger town. If you're looking for something smaller consider Carrickmacross, just a little further than Ardee but IMO a more active town.

....because I couldn't afford to buy in Dublin :D

I'm a pilgrim in an unholy land........

Ah that's funny. I am from Dublin myself, lived there for 35 years then London for 20 and now Kerry for the past year. I too can't afford Dublin but made a big mistake buying in Kerry I hate it, I need to be back nearer Dublin or I will crack up, so I think Drogheda might be as near as I will get back to Dublin.

Are there are good variety of shops in Drogheda?

Are there are good variety of shops in Drogheda?

Yes - I think so.

Scotch Hall has a a big Dunne's and decent selection of 'High Street' named retailers.

The Saint Laurence Centre has a modest M&S and more 'High Street' named retailers.

In between both you'll find another Dunne's, a Tesco and a host of local shops selling all sorts. There's a couple of good menswear shops, a craft shop and some brilliant butchers shops.

In the two retail parks there's an Argos, a Harvey Norman, Halfords, Woodie's, Home Base and a Tesco Extra.

You'll also find two Lidls and two Aldis (one of each on either side of the river).

Some great restaurants and coffee shops too.

Yes - I think so.

Scotch Hall has a a big Dunne's and decent selection of 'High Street' named retailers.

The Saint Laurence Centre has a modest M&S and more 'High Street' named retailers.

In between both you'll find another Dunne's, a Tesco and a host of local shops selling all sorts. There's a couple of good menswear shops, a craft shop and some brilliant butchers shops.

In the two retail parks there's an Argos, a Harvey Norman, Halfords, Woodie's, Home Base and a Tesco Extra.

You'll also find two Lidls and two Aldis (one of each on either side of the river).

Some great restaurants and coffee shops too.

Gosh that's fantastic, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

This is an interesting post! Any update from the OP - did you manage to find a place?

Advertisement