Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods need thicker skin

Options
  • 14-01-2016 12:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭

Girl asked advice o show to meet men, advice given , not to liken of mod, infracted. Mod not budging in their view.
    "First off i doubt you lack confidence, you have your own web site which is about your travels and full of photos of your self, thats not the behaviour of someone lacking confidence.
    Second, you asked how to meet members of the opposite sex, i have told you exactly how you will, of course the white knights ride to your rescue at perceived offence, "you are a special snowflake , don't go changing", alas what you are presently doing is not working, as you say so your self.
    Third, did not mention attractiveness, you wanted to know how to meet men and you where told the one and only bit of advice you need, and that is be happy and smile when out, men will not approach a "sour sally" men will have no interest in someone like that.
    Fourth, totally discard any and all advice from other women posted here, remember they are your rivals, they are competing with you for the attention of the same men.
    Fifth, ask yourself this one simple question, you are out in company and there are two single men , one is a bore waffling on about politics and the other is a raconteur with great anecdotes, who would you rather spend the evening with?
    So in closing, don't be dour and serious, be happy and fun,and the men will come, birds of a feather flock together."

What is infraction worthy of this post?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Bruno.
    I will look at this for you later this evening.

Please forward on to me your pm exchange with the relevant moderator where you attempted to resolve the matter as per step 1 in the DR process.

Thx

PR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭bruno1x

Sent the mods messages, who ever they are they over reacted, need to grow ticker skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I strongly suggest that you stick to the facts of your appeal & refrain from making further personal comments about our mods.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Bruno

Apologies for the delay with this. Weekend has a few of the relevant people tied up.

No problem, take your time.

• Advertisement

Hi Bruno

Again apologies for the delay with this. It is being actively discussed and we hope to have a resolution over the next couple of days.

PR

Hi Bruno

There were three mod actions against you on that thread - a yellow, a red and a thread ban.
    Could you please confirm which one you are appealing?

All three. Start with the warning and go from there.

Tombi!
    Moderator Note

You're getting way too personal with comments - OP didn't ask for advice on how to be more attractive

Originally Posted by thattequilagirl View Post
    Right guys, I'm 27/F, and just moved home after six years abroad. I've done the whole Tinder thing and other online options, but I'm wondering what is the best way to meet someone the old fashioned way? My four best friends are two couples in long-term relationships, so when we go out it's not an 'on the pull' scenario.

I'd really like to meet someone but just not sure how to go about it. Maybe a new hobby?

Originally Posted by bruno1x
    Following the link to your web site, clocked on the About page and there you are in a photo.
    You don't look "fun", too dour, doubt many many men would approach as you look like hard work.
    Smile,be cheerful when you are in pubs, a simple thing but it will work wonders. You will be beating the men off with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Poster is a re-reg & has been site banned.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement