Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cologne Sexual Assault Victim Called a Racist and Harassed

• 14-01-2016 12:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

A woman, who came forward and told her story of being sexually assaulted in Cologne, Germany, on New Years Eve, was victimized a second time after an Internet video gave out her identity and suggested her account of the attack was anti-Muslim propaganda.

The 26-year-old woman named Selina withheld her full name when she gave an interview to German television channel SWR Fernsehen last week. In the interview, she described her moment of terror being surrounded by dozens of men who looked at her like “free meat at the supermarket” and groped her repeatedly. She noted that her attackers spoke Arabic and did not seem to understand German. She described the group of men as “southern looking” with “darker skin.”
    In a follow-up interview with SWR Fernsehen, Selina describes what happened to her after the interview aired. Someone posted a video containing a portion of her interview and suggesting all of the reports blaming Muslims for the Cologne sexual assaults were propaganda. Titles appear in the video which say, “Strange that Selina 1 day after this horror (3 days before this interview) on Insta still was happy.”

She began getting threatening calls at work and people were attacking her on Facebook as a racist and a right-winger.

Eventually, Selina was able to confront the maker of the video and threatened to sue him for character assassination. The video was removed.

Jesus they filthy left are going after rape victims now.
    On one hand they accuse the right of using rape victims for their own ends and then go after the victims themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Jesus they filthy left are going after rape victims now.
    On one hand they accuse the right of using rape victims for their own ends and then go after the victims themselves.

"The left" isn't a panacea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus they filthy left

You just lost any argument.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I'm sure this thread was created out of concern for the woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm sure this thread was created out of concern for the woman.
    I'm sure it wasn't. Dosnt make the subject any less abhorrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's appalling.

There's agendas everywhere with all this stuff,

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lets go burn down the Leftorium!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I find it funny you can't voice concern with anything concerning refugees without being called right wing nazi . The day of free speech seems to be dead in this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

blowin3 wrote: »
    I find it funny you can't voice concern with anything concerning refugees without being called right wing nazi . The day of free speech seems to be dead in this world.

I believe people can voice a view or opinion on it, so long as its calm, considered, based on facts, intelligent and not appealing to the lowest common denominator (on either side of the political spectrum). Unfortunately, the latter appears to be more commonplace now...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We have a thread on this subject already.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement