Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics Build Quality and Issues

Options
  • 14-01-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭

Is it just me that is unlucky or has the build quality and quality control of electronic items taken a huge nosedive of late?

Here is just my experience over the last year and a half.

1. Samsung phone - Sim Card Tray and USB Port needed replacement after becoming faulty
    2. Samsung 4K TV - Purchased one in 2014 and had to have 3 of them replaced as each one arrived with terrible vertical banding on the panel. Numerous other issues, wifi card needed to be replaced after 6 months too.
    3. Asus RT-AC87U 802.11AC Router - First one lasted a couple of days and needed replacement.
    4. Amiko Alien 2 STB - Faulty flash partition, causing random crashes/freezes.
    5. NowTV Box - Just died for no reason last week.
    6. Wharfedale SE 5.1 Speaker System - Received last week and one of the speaker sounds "dull" compared to the others. Possibly tweeter/crossover faulty. (Pending return)

My older second Samsung 1080p TV started to fail also, was down to faulty capacitors fitted to the TV during manufacturing. Outside warranty, but managed to replace the capacitors myself and fix the issue.

I also notice that you have to jump through so many hoops to get a satisfactory outcome from these issues. Companies don't train their support staff on how to deal with technical issues correctly and I feel like I'm talking to a remedial school child who doesn't understand the first thing about the technology they are supposed to be supporting!

So am I cursed, or have anyone else been a victim of shoddy manufacturing?

Advertisement