Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet place to meet indoors for lessons

• 14-01-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a student who'd like to meet in the city centre in the afternoons for some lessons. We wouldn't need any special equipment or anything, just a quiet place indoors where we could have a private chat about their material for a couple of hours. Ideally it would be free, but that may not be possible.

I've been thinking about places but not come up with much beyond coffee shops and the like.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? Does the Granary library have rooms we could use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Hotel lobbies? How about the library? Certain pubs would be quite quiet during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's a place called [URL="https://www.facebook.com/CentralBuildingsLimerick]Central Buildings[/URL] (link is to their facebook page) on O'Connell Street who often let groups use their space. I think it's run by the Methodist Church. I've been there for a few meetings in the last year or two and it's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lexielou

osarusan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a student who'd like to meet in the city centre in the afternoons for some lessons. We wouldn't need any special equipment or anything, just a quiet place indoors where we could have a private chat about their material for a couple of hours. Ideally it would be free, but that may not be possible.

I've been thinking about places but not come up with much beyond coffee shops and the like.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? Does the Granary library have rooms we could use?
    In the Castletroy Park hotel if you walk straight across the lobby there is a lovely area with couches, coffee tables - spaced in a way that you feel private enough from other users. There are also along the corridor there several armchairs - one opposite the other for couples to have coffee so that is pretty private. If you go through the front door and turn right towards a big function room, turn right again and at the end of the corridor is a sofa - pretty private if no function on.

Advertisement